Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gorbon_Rubsay

Yamamoto Stage 2 rediculous without carrier...

16 comments in this topic

213 posts
4,335 battles

Is it possible clear this stage without playing carriers or repeating stupidly grindy tasks? 

Fine to have an aircraft stage, but the carrier missions need to be balanced with reasonable non carrier missions. 

-Achieving "Clear Skys" (50%) of aircraft, 30+ aircraft kills is impossible in a non carrier unless, a) your own carrier is AFK and b) the enemy carrier is suicidal (or rigged)

-300 aircraft?... using very optimistic numbers, if a carrier shows up 1/4 games, and you average 5 planes down per game...  thats 375 games... or given an 10 min average game including queue time, 62 hrs of continuous play... for 2 stars

The torpedo mission makes no sense at all. This is obviously best done in an agressive DD - when all the other missions in stage encourage CV play...

The other missions are just passive grinders

I really like these campaigns, but the missions on this stage don't seem very well thought out...

Edited by Gorbon_Rubsay

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,264 battles

Fully agree. The only one besides 30K XP (repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat) I have selected is 300 AC. Yep, chip chip chip... I should be done next year.

Edited by xamdam

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

play a minotaur, im fairly sure i can finnish the yamamoto missions with out repeating the grinds alernating between loyang for torp spotting,mino/DM/motnana for AA and whatever else for for credit/XP grind

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

FINISHED

So yes, very grindy, very difficult, totally unobtainable.

SAME as the last Yamamoto task, took 3 days: technically less since I spent 2 days on UKBB prep tasks.

Now what? 2 more weeks of waiting.... and I didn't even touch a CV for this.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles

All of the missions are here to stay, no one is forcing you to push through within a day. Just go and grind the stuff a little, the credits and exp stuff aren't too hard, just grindy

753 posts
8,965 battles

+100% xp weekend should help with the xp mission, I do agrre that having each stages missions with the majority requiring certain ship types is ridiculous. 

In-Training Moderator
17 posts
4,697 battles

*** NEWSFLASH ***

Apparently you can do the same mission twice and still earn stars the second time through...

Edited by Beaufighter
emphasis

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles
On 9/7/2017 at 3:42 PM, Beaufighter said:

Totally unobtainable without a Tier 8 CV or incredible luck. WG please change the Clear Skies mission to one that has a greater chance of being completed by any tier 8 ship. Grindy is better than nigh on impossible unless you are really lucky and the enemy is intent on losing all their aeroplanes on you.

The Yamamoto Campaign is permanent (i.e. it will never go away unless WG wants to). I doubt it's impossible to pass Stage 3 when you have literally unlimited time.

Just repeat the easier missions a few times, and you should be able to unlock the final task.

In-Training Moderator
17 posts
4,697 battles

Seiji,

thank you for replying.  Not sure what the first sentence is referring to.  I have no problem with there being a Yamamoto campaign, it's actually good.  What I was after was a change to the missions in stage 2 that was causing people problems, especially to those of us who did not know that you could do the same mission twice AND get rewarded for it TWICE!!!

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

Even you have carriers, you'll have difficulty finishing it all because of enemy CV's divisioning with AA ships. Yeah thanks WG and I'm almost finishing those difficult tasks for CV's like top 1 5x win or lose and I'll be back to sealclub at tier 6.

Sign in to follow this