You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

15 comments in this topic

[SGC]
31 posts
7,187 battles

Hi fellow captains!

As the title says, I am quite close to Udaloi right now (140k exp in my Ognevoi and loving her). I didn't manage to get her before the line split, so I need some advice on her captain and module build.

Current capt: 16 pts

PM, PT, LS, BFT, AFT, CE  with 1pt lying around and enough doubs to reset if needed.

I am planning to put reload module on her T9+ slot and concealment module on her T8+ slot.

I would prefer a mid-range gun-torp hybrid build but seeing her concealment is not as good as Ognevoi, I also need some playstyle advice.

Good luck and fair seas to you all kind souls in advance!:Smile_honoring:

[LN]
Super Tester
549 posts

My build in Grozovoi, but can be used for Udaloi
Grozovoi or Udaloi you can play like Fletcher

Cap 19 skill point
+ Preventive Maintenance
+ Expert Loader
+ Last Stand
+ Basic Firing Training
+ Concealment Expert
+ Manual Fire Control for AA Armament
+ Inertia Fuse for HE Shells
Upgrades
+ Main Armaments Modification 1
+ Damage Control System Modification 1
+ Aiming Systems Modification 1
+ Damage Control System Modification 2
+ Concealment System Modification 1
+ Main Battery Modification 3

[SGC]
31 posts
7,187 battles
Just now, KinomotoSakura_chan said:

Cap 19 skill point
+ Expert Loader

Can I swap out EL for PT? I believe both guns on Udaloi and Grozovoi reload pretty darn fast so switching ammo type wouldn't be a problem.

[LN]
Super Tester
549 posts
3 minutes ago, AllenKevin said:

Can I swap out EL for PT? I believe both guns on Udaloi and Grozovoi reload pretty darn fast so switching ammo type wouldn't be a problem.

Yup, but i like to see switching ammo in ~1,6s :cap_haloween:

[SGC]
31 posts
7,187 battles
Just now, KinomotoSakura_chan said:

Yup, but i like to see switching ammo in ~1,6s :cap_haloween:

Pummel those poor, poor cruisers into oblivion with glorious stalinium vodka-infused AP rounds!! :Smile_playing:

And yes, on second thought, switching ammo type is quite important:Smile_great:

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,777 battles

Udaloi is a brilliant ship, and your build is pretty good.  I would add AR to the captain once you get a couple more points. 

A concealment build with a gun focus is the way to go with Udaloi imo.  You provide close support for your friendly low concealment DD's going into caps at start, you run and gun at range, and you stealth up and torp when the opportunity presents itself.  Always save your speed flags for the T9 & 10 RU DD's, they can be the difference between winning and losing.

372 posts
10,107 battles
1 hour ago, KinomotoSakura_chan said:

My build in Grozovoi, but can be used for Udaloi
Grozovoi or Udaloi you can play like Fletcher

Cap 19 skill point
+ Preventive Maintenance
+ Expert Loader
+ Last Stand
+ Basic Firing Training
+ Concealment Expert
+ Manual Fire Control for AA Armament
+ Inertia Fuse for HE Shells
Upgrades
+ Main Armaments Modification 1
+ Damage Control System Modification 1
+ Aiming Systems Modification 1
+ Damage Control System Modification 2
+ Concealment System Modification 1
+ Main Battery Modification 3

IFHE. Damage con mod. No rudder mod. No priority target. No adrenaline rush. :cap_wander:

372 posts
10,107 battles
1 hour ago, AllenKevin said:

Hi fellow captains!

As the title says, I am quite close to Udaloi right now (140k exp in my Ognevoi and loving her). I didn't manage to get her before the line split, so I need some advice on her captain and module build.

Current capt: 16 pts

PM, PT, LS, BFT, AFT, CE  with 1pt lying around and enough doubs to reset if needed.

I am planning to put reload module on her T9+ slot and concealment module on her T8+ slot.

I would prefer a mid-range gun-torp hybrid build but seeing her concealment is not as good as Ognevoi, I also need some playstyle advice.

Good luck and fair seas to you all kind souls in advance!:Smile_honoring:

My (only 12 points right now zzz) cap build for udaloi and future grozovoi :

PT, AR, LS, SE, SI, CE, AFT

Use rudder mod on udaloi, planning to use concealment on grozovoi. I play udaloi like the kiev, typical RU DD style.

Edited by WongSongMing

[SGC]
31 posts
7,187 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

Udaloi is a brilliant ship, and your build is pretty good.  I would add AR to the captain once you get a couple more points. 

A concealment build with a gun focus is the way to go with Udaloi imo.  You provide close support for your friendly low concealment DD's going into caps at start, you run and gun at range, and you stealth up and torp when the opportunity presents itself.  Always save your speed flags for the T9 & 10 RU DD's, they can be the difference between winning and losing.

Thanks for the advice! I am quite familar with RU DD playstyle so I m sure I will enjoy her :Smile_honoring:

[SGC]
31 posts
7,187 battles
1 hour ago, WongSongMing said:

My (only 12 points right now zzz) cap build for udaloi and future grozovoi :

PT, AR, LS, SE, SI, CE, AFT

Use rudder mod on udaloi, planning to use concealment on grozovoi. I play udaloi like the kiev, typical RU DD style.

Is superintendent really that important on RU DDs? I have SI on all cruisers because extra hydro/AA and heal. But DDs dont really rely on consumables that much (especially RU DD don't rely on smoke)

372 posts
10,107 battles
54 minutes ago, AllenKevin said:

Is superintendent really that important on RU DDs? I have SI on all cruisers because extra hydro/AA and heal. But DDs dont really rely on consumables that much (especially RU DD don't rely on smoke)

Not really for udaloi, I'm planning to use the captain on grozovoi which is more similar to US DDs so superintendent will be useful for smoke firing ect.

1,349 posts
8,872 battles
2 hours ago, AllenKevin said:

Some of the higher-tier RU DDs can swap out smoke for a heal like the Khaba. So SI is good for them.

[SGC]
31 posts
7,187 battles
On 8/23/2017 at 3:12 PM, Thyaliad said:

Some of the higher-tier RU DDs can swap out smoke for a heal like the Khaba. So SI is good for them.

I m going down Grozovoi line sooo I don't think that's quite relevant. But thanks for the tip :Smile_honoring: