You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Chungcheongnam_do

are there anyways that show other language instead of white boxes

10 comments in this topic

[FANTA]
35 posts
5,225 battles

recently i made a japanese friend

he is not good at eng so he wants to use japanese

but im using korean client so all japanese characters all changed in to white boxes

i want to see other countries characters like chinise or japanese in right way not boxes

if i have to choose one japanese characters of course

plz let me know how to do this

thanks

Super Tester
1,310 posts

choose japanese language at launcher. 

the client will be able to show japan and chinese word. tough, thai (worms like) word will become white box. 

not sure with korean.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

If you install the English locale version of the Asia game client, you can only display Roman letters, Cyrillic letters, and Thai. Everything else will be boxes.

If you install the Japanese locale version of the Asia game client, you can display Roman letters, Cyrillic letters, Japanese Kanji/Hiragana/Katakana, and Korean Hangul. Simplified Chinese and Thai will appear as boxes.

If you install the Traditional Chinese locale version of the Asia game client, you can display Roman letters, Cyrillic letters, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese Kanji/Hiragana/Katakana. Thai and Korean Hangul will display as boxes.

I'm not sure about the Thai and Korean versions of the game, because I have not tried those yet.

Edited by benlisquare

Super Tester
2,725 posts
4 hours ago, Chungcheongnam_do said:

I found the way how to solve it

thanks for the answers anyway

And you don't share your findings? Sad :Smile_sad:

17 posts
663 battles
On 2017/8/22 at 8:03 PM, Mingfang47 said:

And you don't share your findings? Sad :Smile_sad:

Here let me share you mine.

1. Go to where you installed WoWS. Find a folder called res
  2. Open locale_config.xml with notepad or something
  3. If you are using English, and want to support Japanese, Edit this particular row into something that I bolded. (For other languages just change it accordingly)

<locale_config>
    <locale_id>en</locale_id>
    <text_path>../res/texts</text_path>
    <text_domain>global</text_domain>
    <!-- acceptLang is comma delimited ordered list of language codes without any whitespace that will be used in the "Accept-Language" HTTP header. -->

<lang_mapping>
        <lang acceptLang="ru" fonts="RU" full="russian" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="ru" short="ru"/>
        <lang acceptLang="en,ja" fonts="ASIA" full="japanese" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="en" short="en"/>
        <lang acceptLang="de,en" fonts="EU" full="german" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="de" short="de"/>
        <lang acceptLang="pl,en" fonts="EU" full="polish" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="pl" short="pl"/>
        <lang acceptLang="fr,en" fonts="EU" full="french" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="fr" short="fr"/>
        <lang acceptLang="es,en" fonts="EU" full="spanish" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="es" short="es"/>
        <lang acceptLang="cs,en" fonts="EU" full="czech" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="cs" short="cs"/>
        <lang acceptLang="tr,en" fonts="EU" full="turkish" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="tr" short="tr"/>
        <lang acceptLang="it,en" fonts="EU" full="italian" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="it" short="it"/>
        <lang acceptLang="ja,en" fonts="ASIA" full="japanese" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="ja" short="ja"/>
        <lang acceptLang="zh-Tw,en" fonts="CN" full="tchinese" languageBar="true" localeRfcName="zh-tw" short="zh_tw"/>
        <lang acceptLang="th,en" fonts="TH" full="thai" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="th" short="th"/>
        <lang acceptLang="ko,en" fonts="KO" full="koreana" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="ko" short="ko"/>
        <lang acceptLang="zh-Cn,en" fonts="CN" full="schinese" languageBar="true" localeRfcName="zh-cn" short="zh_cn"/>
        <lang acceptLang="pt-Br,pt,en" fonts="EU" full="brazilian" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="pt-br" short="pt_br"/>
        <lang acceptLang="uk,ru,en" fonts="RU" full="ukrainian" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="uk" short="uk"/>
        <lang acceptLang="es-Mx,es,en" fonts="EU" full="mexican" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="es-mx" short="es_mx"/>
        <lang acceptLang="be,ru,en" fonts="RU" full="belorussian" languageBar="false" localeRfcName="be" short="be"/>
    </lang_mapping>
</locale_config>

Restart your game and voila, now you can read the Japanese character instead of white boxes, while in full English interface

image.png

Edited by theref

604 posts
7,608 battles

Did you add another line to the script or 

1 hour ago, theref said:

Here let me share you mine.

1. Go to where you installed WoWS. Find a folder called res
  2. Open locale_config.xml with notepad or something
  3. If you are using English, and want to support Japanese, Edit this particular row into something that I bolded. (For other languages just change it accordingly)

Restart your game and voila, now you can read the Japanese character instead of white boxes, while in full English interface

image.png

How about Chinese? I got boxes out of it

17 posts
663 battles

You don't create new line, just modify the existing one.

If you are using English UI, and want to see Chinese characters, you do it like this:

image.png