You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BravaZulu296

Dive bombing is getting ridiculous

31 comments in this topic

347 posts

I know USN Dive bombers aren't the most accurate Dive bombers in the world but this is just getting ridiculous, I came across a New Orleans and a Zao that was trying to cap friendly base C, I use my 4 squadrons to defend the base 3 DB squads head for C, they sneak past the enemy shokaku's FT which are trying to perma-spot my Lexington (but my Lexington is saftley stowed away behind an island) 1st squad drops on New Orleans which has 5k health left, all bombs miss, Second squad drops, third squad drops 1st squad comes back and drops on New Orleans 2nd and 3rd come back and drop, some reason the New Orleans didn't trigger his Def AA (Probably because he used it earlier when I dropped Torps near a Zao) 42 bombs later New Orleans is still afloat and untouched with 5k HP. THIS is just ridiculous Dive bombers shouldn't be this inaccurate, they should make Dive bomber reticle smaller to make it more effective, It's solve versatility problems if it could hit smaller ships (cruiser size ships) more reliably.

EDIT: All drops were manual drops.

Edited by BravaZulu296

208 posts
8,210 battles

Dunno why, USN DB circle drop is so big lol
last night my ranger dropped 3 DB squad in a AFK Kongo and all of them is miss....  

how can 3 DB squad with 6 planes each missed Big target like Kongo lol :cap_wander:

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles

and you do realize that unlike torps which can be avoided with skill, DBs are compleatly RNG right? so no matter hog good a CA/DD captain is he can only pray to RNGesus to save him. if you made it more accurate it would remove skilled play from CVs and be "point and farm simulator 2017"

372 posts
10,107 battles
31 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

and you do realize that unlike torps which can be avoided with skill, DBs are compleatly RNG right? so no matter hog good a CA/DD captain is he can only pray to RNGesus to save him. if you made it more accurate it would remove skilled play from CVs and be "point and farm simulator 2017"

How does making something less RNG reduce skilled play????

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,494 battles
Just now, WongSongMing said:

He means the auto drop circle , which ofc reduce the skill floor and become noob friendly.

On the other hand , if you go manual all the time , it should be bearable as you can pretty much land atleast 1 bomb on top of them regardless of direction should you pint point their middle area. CA/BB will 90% of the time eat 1 bomb with this

The last time DB troll me was when i was zeroing on a dd on manual with perfect alignment , guess what all miss ....

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles
1 minute ago, WongSongMing said:

think saipan, point, click, deletes DD. or a enterprise, point, click, deletes BB, "clicking is skill"

DBs were never meant to punish smaller ships with little to no AA, a CV's main source of damage has always been from TBs, DOT on large ships or the new AP bombs which are quite frankly, brain-dead. why would you even bother to practice with TBs, or even use them for that matter if you can do the same amount unavoidable damage by clicking?

347 posts
3 hours ago, wer354 said:

Just do manual drops. You're gonna get 1-2 hits per drop if you aren't a complete potato.

All those bomb drops were manual drops, I don't use auto drops unless I'm about to be sunk

Edited by BravaZulu296

347 posts
3 hours ago, drakon233 said:

think saipan, point, click, deletes DD. or a enterprise, point, click, deletes BB, "clicking is skill"

DBs were never meant to punish smaller ships with little to no AA, a CV's main source of damage has always been from TBs, DOT on large ships or the new AP bombs which are quite frankly, brain-dead. why would you even bother to practice with TBs, or even use them for that matter if you can do the same amount unavoidable damage by clicking?

I didn't intend to say to make it easier to kill DDs I mean Dive bombers are ridiculously inaccurate and that the retricle should be made smaller to prevent times like this where 6 squadrons worth of bombs continuously miss despite the use of manual drop

28 posts
1,806 battles
11 minutes ago, BravaZulu296 said:

All those bomb drops were manual drops, I don't use manual drops unless I'm about to be sunk

I'm guessing you meant "I don't use auto drops unless I'm about to be sunk"

Well git gud m8 lol I don't have too much problems landing DB hits on dd's as long as I don't screw up

347 posts
Just now, wer354 said:

I'm guessing you meant "I don't use auto drops unless I'm about to be sunk"

Well git gud m8 lol I don't have too much problems landing DB hits on dd's as long as I don't screw up

whoops yes I meant auto :)

Guess really need to get better at sacrificing to the RNG gods then

381 posts
9,957 battles

If USN DB were to get a smaller target circle, the point of no return for a drop would have to be placed further away otherwise it would be near impossible for a DD to avoid being heavily damage. On Kaga there is no issue because its DB deals tiny damage.

347 posts
Just now, LunaStinger said:

If USN DB were to get a smaller target circle, the point of no return for a drop would have to be placed further away otherwise it would be near impossible for a DD to avoid being heavily damage. On Kaga there is no issue because its DB deals tiny damage.

Smaller reticle but not IJN small

347 posts

And Unfortunately WG still thinks DBs can match a TB thats why in world of warships blitz they gave langley 002 loadout, obviously they're not learning from their mistakes 1 US TB squad will never match IJN's 2 (or 3) That's why DBs need to be more accurate in a manual dive (auto is fine as is) because 42 misses on a cruiser with manual drops is definitely not balanced.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles
9 minutes ago, BravaZulu296 said:

And Unfortunately WG still thinks DBs can match a TB thats why in world of warships blitz they gave langley 002 loadout, obviously they're not learning from their mistakes 1 US TB squad will never match IJN's 2 (or 3) That's why DBs need to be more accurate in a manual dive (auto is fine as is) because 42 misses on a cruiser with manual drops is definitely not balanced.

but you do realize that the current 013 can do 15k+ dmg to a DD in one go as well right, that's not balanced either....

1,354 posts
8,888 battles

Yeah USN DBs are horrendous when it comes to RNG. RNG is part of the reason why they can never compete with TBs.

They could do with a slightly tighter drop circle for manual dropping imo. Especially since WG seems intent on keeping USN CVs DB-focused.

783 posts
4,826 battles

In all my times of using USN DBs, plenty sure they're not THAT inaccurate.

So either the New Orleans struck the lottery or you have to work on your drops a bit more.:Smile_hiding:

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,494 battles
2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

but you do realize that the current 013 can do 15k+ dmg to a DD in one go as well right, that's not balanced either....

Im pretty sure i can make enemy dd regret they ever get into the match with a cv as me. Unlike IJN cv who go for sure kill, one shot damage and go off somewhere else , US cv tend to pummel an enemy repeatedly to stack DoT.

This lead to the dd constantly getting lit as well as eating bombs that are very likely to break rudders, engines.

Damage is a bonus niche , what is devilish about it is you keep him in your sight for 2 3 min straight , sometimes longer while your team torture him to death.

Thats the biggest psychological fear and hate ever inflicted.

You dont kill dd instantly , you break them thoroughly and slowly, so much so that he wish he was dead instead of having to run around in fear.

There you go , 1 dd disabled and possibly too fright stricken to do any good but make mistakes.

347 posts

1 minute ago, SZYZWY said:

In all my times of using USN DBs, plenty sure they're not THAT inaccurate.

So either the New Orleans struck the lottery or you have to work on your drops a bit more.:Smile_hiding:

Just my luck, If the New Orleans wasn't inside the bomb reticle and it was my fault the bombs didn't hit this thread wouldn't exist.

It's about as balanced as one ship shooting down a few whole squadrons of aircraft faster than yūdachi can say poi. USN already have a rearming time twice as long as IJN aircraft, they could at least hit something reliably (like IJN can) while they aren't rearming.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,779 battles

On the opposite note, I remember a battle when I was last alive in my Sims, def fire was down, all I had to do was live for another 30s or so and we win the game.  I'm on about 1000 health, in comes the last remaining Hiryu bomber squadron with only one bomber left.  I'm maneuvering while keeping my beam to the bomber to minimise chances of a hit while having him priority targeted for my AA.

And of course I get hid dead amidships, boom, we lose.  RNG sucks...

3 posts
1,439 battles
1 minute ago, Moggytwo said:

On the opposite note, I remember a battle when I was last alive in my Sims, def fire was down, all I had to do was live for another 30s or so and we win the game.  I'm on about 1000 health, in comes the last remaining Hiryu bomber squadron with only one bomber left.  I'm maneuvering while keeping my beam to the bomber to minimise chances of a hit while having him priority targeted for my AA.

And of course I get hid dead amidships, boom, we lose.  RNG sucks...

I've had a similar thing happen in the Edinburgh except it was a full strength squad (killed all the torp bombers though :cap_like:) and what do ya know? Every single bomb hits... Boom there went half my health :Smile_sad: