You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Arpeggio_of_Black_Dragon

NEW TYPE OF LINE !!!

12 comments in this topic

420 posts
6 hours ago, Arpeggio_of_Black_Dragon said:

WHY DON'T YOU INTRODUCE SUBMARINES IN WOW FOR A CHANGE.IT WOULD PROVIDE A WHOLE NEW RANGE OF PLAY STYLE.  

Also, the Devs have said that they will not introduce this into the game.

Not to mention, health is built on the size of the ship.  Considering how small the boats (yes, the navies of the world call them boats not ships) were, they would be one shot kills for most ships of any class. 

On the other side, if they split Cruisers into heavy and light at say around tier 5 would be awesome.  (Move Cleveland to tier 8 XD). 

Or introduce battle cruisers for the Germans or Brits.

That would be much better to introduce to the lines, cause I do believe your topic header is valid.

159 posts
5,676 battles

Subs are slow, have no armour and are generally best at attacking merchant shipping, they are at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to warships, not to mention that every other class of ship, epecially destroyers would have to be changed to be able to counter them. I'd far rather they put in MTBs or E-boats, that would be hilarious for yoloing :cap_rambo:

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

1. Gameplay would be incredibly boring if the fastest you could move was 12 knots when surfaced (and even slower when submerged). Submarines are not fast.

2. Gameplay would be frustrating for ships with no ASW armaments at end-match when there are only a small handful of ships still alive, and submarines remain submerged to allow the capture points to continue ticking without any chance of being attacked.

3. Submarine gameplay involving stealth torping is already largely covered by IJN DDs, and there really isn't much new to add with their introduction.

4. The WoWS game engine is incapable of having vessels operating below the water.

5. Submarines never operated in fleet action, and more often took place in separate attacks against merchant vessels independently from allied surface ships.

6. The United States Navy, Royal Navy, Soviet Navy and the Kriegsmarine considered submarines boats, and not warships, which would place them outside of the scope for World of Warships. The German word Unterseeboot (U-boot) literally means "under sea boat", the Russian word подводная лодка means "underwater boat", and the Chinese word 潛水艇 means "water submerging boat". Only in the Japanese language are submarines referred to as ships (潜水艦, lit. "water submerging ship"), however this is the exception and not the rule.

Edited by benlisquare

420 posts
38 minutes ago, benlisquare said:

Only in the Japanese language are submarines referred to as ships (潜水艦, lit. "water submerging ship"), however this is the exception and not the rule.

COOL!  Didn't know that one.

159 posts
5,676 battles
1 hour ago, ReNation said:

Merchant ship when?
Fishing Ship when?

Tug Boat when?

oh we also need FERRY, when?

Admiral Kuznetsov travels with a tug boat so why can't I get one for my Soviet Cruisers just in case :Smile-_tongue:

[LN]
Super Tester
549 posts

So you want hit me with 1-4 torpedoes by Submarines ......................Shima can't hit me with 15 torpedos..........................Where is your opportunity?

Edited by KinomotoSakura_chan

[SGC]
197 posts
10,267 battles

I'd love to have an alternate IJN Cruiser line with B-65 at tier X :3

PS: KinimotoSakura_chan I gave an upvote just because of your sig lel XD

Edited by seiji09