Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
scommy

I figured out why this game does not work

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
71 posts
4,020 battles

Simply put, if you really try, fight to the end and all that and still lose after 15+ minutes, it gets very hard to get motivated for the next match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LNA]
Member
1,665 posts
10,469 battles

The war to end all war m8.

If you cant win atleast give the enemy something that make winning aint worth it.

Something like this :

Explosion!!!

xxx detonated xxx

Chat :

See that you beep , suprise beep beep .

End of match 

You were rep , increase in reputation , thank you for your service

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,347 posts
8,860 battles

I find it the opposite for me though. Close matches where I fight to the end regardless of winning or losing are a lot more enjoyable than one-sided steamrolls.

Edited by Thyaliad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
13 posts
6,392 battles

No it's the usual reasons, I keep hitting or bracketing targets but do minimal or no damage.  Enemy ships citadel me every couple of shots (even on occasion repeatedly hitting me with both BB barrels in single shot mode, despite me randomly jinking back and forward).  *Unlucky* me, boo-hoo, we've all heard the tale.  That said though, it does get bloody tiring after a while.

 

See this is the thing about the RNG. If it works as suggested, then it doesn't matter how pin-point accurate your aiming is because, with the RNG and CEP, nothing is going to hit anywhere near that aim spot anyway. If the RNG works as everyone says it does then it can't.  By the same rate, if your aim is a bit off, the RNG will effectively *correct* your aim for you about 30-40% of the time.  Statistically, it must.  If it works as advertised then the only way to separate pin point accurate aimers (who manage to successfully predict target changes of course unerringly) and people who are only say, 80% accurate, would be through statistical analysis - if the RNG works as advertised.  I don't know about you but that's not my experience.

 

The other thing is, it isn't consistent between ships or between game sessions.  I get in my Leander and I can't miss, I change over to my Carolina and I can't hit. I know the shot dynamics are different between the two weapon types but we're all used to that and compensating for that difference (it only takes a couple of shots to get your "eye in") .  Thing is, if I don't play a type for a few weeks (my Kuma for instance), when I go get back in it, for the first four or five games, I'm unstoppable.  Then it trails off, more misses, more minimal damage hits.  Can my aim atrophy the more I practice?  But then why is my aim suddenly so good when I haven't played a type for a while?

 

I kind of caught a taste of it the other day watching one of Jingle's videos too.  It was the one where he discusses how overpowered the Belfast is.  In the video, the Belfast driver opens up at about half range on a target that's pretty much a sitting duck, Jingles says, "here come some citadels". or words to that effect but then the Belfast driver only gets one or maybe two, despite several salvos and even Jingles is surprised that, despite all the hits in the right section of the target - next to no citadels.

 

Anyhoo, vent over.  It is what it is.  I return you to your usual service.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
580 posts
1,587 battles

That mentaility to win-at-all-costs is gonna weigh heavy on you... Throw that out and do like I do... Fight for a good battle, not for a win... A win is good by all means... but getting in top 5 win or lose is a much better experience...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
71 posts
4,020 battles
9 minutes ago, Kreigg said:

That mentaility to win-at-all-costs is gonna weigh heavy on you... Throw that out and do like I do... Fight for a good battle, not for a win... A win is good by all means... but getting in top 5 win or lose is a much better experience...

Yes your right.

 

I remember when I first started playing WoT I really enjoyed it.  Then people started moaning at me about win rate, noobmeter and xvm - the enjoyment factor went completely out the window. Winnign became everything to the total loss of enjoyment of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

The point of a game is fun.  Winning is fun.   If your not winning then it isn't fun so try something else.  Go coop.  Try another game.    Team up with people.   There are a lot of options available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,493 posts
On 21/08/2017 at 10:15 PM, Thyaliad said:

I find it the opposite for me though. Close matches where I fight to the end regardless of winning or losing are a lot more enjoyable than one-sided steamrolls.

 

 

58 minutes ago, Kreigg said:

That mentaility to win-at-all-costs is gonna weigh heavy on you... Throw that out and do like I do... Fight for a good battle, not for a win... A win is good by all means... but getting in top 5 win or lose is a much better experience...

 

 

I agree with both of these guys,  I do find satisfaction on having a close, well fought battle... Win or lose, u end up happy with it..

 & I make sure I give compliments & public statements, to my well deserving adversary, & I make it publicly known that they did a great battle...

99.9  % of my compliments are to enemy team members, on a job well done... That to me, is as satisfying as team win.

 

Both of these guys had managed to see through the murk of stats & records, & found the long term enjoyment of the game..

 

I salute you

:Smile_honoring:

Ordrazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
71 posts
4,020 battles
22 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

 

 

 

 

I agree with both of these guys,  I do find satisfaction on having a close, well fought battle... Win or lose, u end up happy with it..

 & I make sure I give compliments & public statements, to my well deserving adversary, & I make it publicly known that they did a great battle...

99.9  % of my compliments are to enemy team members, on a job well done... That to me, is as satisfying as team win.

 

Both of these guys had managed to see through the murk of stats & records, & found the long term enjoyment of the game..

 

I salute you

:Smile_honoring:

Ordrazz

Still amazes me tho, 1 minute into a game and 4 teammates DEAD. 

 

I mean how? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles

To me, I enjoy both steamrolls where I win :3 and close matches. What I really cannot stand is passive game play. We had a T8 game where an Amagi sat back with his shiny armor with 0 damage taken till the end. Another thing people don't realise is that swarming in cyclone is a great table turner, cause cyclone limits the support the enemy has, so give up on that guy running away and push with the swarm to defend or capture enemy points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,493 posts
On 25/08/2017 at 5:32 PM, scommy said:

Still amazes me tho, 1 minute into a game and 4 teammates DEAD. 

 

I mean how? 

 

Wheat & chaff, chaff always gets winnowed.... I used to be chaff when I first started, basically chaff for my first 3700 or so games really.... Due to computer issues, real life issues, not paying close attention to others & not knowing the control mechanics properly... It wasn't until I started to watch you tube videos on the ships I have, that I really started to play better....  Nowadays win or lose, I'm usually one of the 4 or less remaining ships in a match... Unless I'm caught by surprise or badly out of position ( which happens.

 

Others will usually pick up skill as they go along.

 

Ordrazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

Oh, its the poor whining jack that failed to work on everything, perhaps only thing you had tried hard for 15+ mins is whine whine and whine,

whine at your team, whine at your ship, whine how WG xxxed you, and whine how miserable your life in this game.

It's still part of your life.

Edited by spixys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,493 posts
9 minutes ago, spixys said:

Oh, its the poor whining jack that failed to work on everything, perhaps only thing you had tried hard for 15+ mins is whine whine and whine,

whine at your team, whine at your ship, whine how WG xxxed you, and whine how miserable your life in this game.

It's still part of your life.

 

Who? 

Wut?

Where?

When?

What the hell are you talking about???

Is this a generic statement ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles
On 8/24/2017 at 0:40 PM, Jeffotherefo said:

No it's the usual reasons, I keep hitting or bracketing targets but do minimal or no damage.  Enemy ships citadel me every couple of shots (even on occasion repeatedly hitting me with both BB barrels in single shot mode, despite me randomly jinking back and forward).  *Unlucky* me, boo-hoo, we've all heard the tale.  That said though, it does get bloody tiring after a while.

 

See this is the thing about the RNG. If it works as suggested, then it doesn't matter how pin-point accurate your aiming is because, with the RNG and CEP, nothing is going to hit anywhere near that aim spot anyway. If the RNG works as everyone says it does then it can't.  By the same rate, if your aim is a bit off, the RNG will effectively *correct* your aim for you about 30-40% of the time.  Statistically, it must.  If it works as advertised then the only way to separate pin point accurate aimers (who manage to successfully predict target changes of course unerringly) and people who are only say, 80% accurate, would be through statistical analysis - if the RNG works as advertised.  I don't know about you but that's not my experience.

 

The other thing is, it isn't consistent between ships or between game sessions.  I get in my Leander and I can't miss, I change over to my Carolina and I can't hit. I know the shot dynamics are different between the two weapon types but we're all used to that and compensating for that difference (it only takes a couple of shots to get your "eye in") .  Thing is, if I don't play a type for a few weeks (my Kuma for instance), when I go get back in it, for the first four or five games, I'm unstoppable.  Then it trails off, more misses, more minimal damage hits.  Can my aim atrophy the more I practice?  But then why is my aim suddenly so good when I haven't played a type for a while?

 

I kind of caught a taste of it the other day watching one of Jingle's videos too.  It was the one where he discusses how overpowered the Belfast is.  In the video, the Belfast driver opens up at about half range on a target that's pretty much a sitting duck, Jingles says, "here come some citadels". or words to that effect but then the Belfast driver only gets one or maybe two, despite several salvos and even Jingles is surprised that, despite all the hits in the right section of the target - next to no citadels.

 

Anyhoo, vent over.  It is what it is.  I return you to your usual service.

 

 

 

Remember one thing, if it happens to you it must be happening to everyone(We're playing the same game with the same ships). Therefore it is a fair playing ground right? If you miss in your NC everyone must be missing too. Yet that does not seem to be happening. It must be a miscalculation at your end. Finally, RNG does play a part in this game but not to the extent it seems to affect you.

Edited by karrablaster123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×