You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

DDs getting Sledgehammered, what now?

24 comments in this topic

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles
1 hour ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

so what now?

Should we wait for the Armor Piercing bombs soon so i can sip the BBabies tears? :Smile_hiding:

You could always hope that the underwater torps would happen to not be perma-detectecd once they are spotted.

[content removed] beware, if that happens on live server.

Inappropriate content. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles
Just now, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Does it spot from Aircraft? as well as Catapult Launched Aircraft as well :fish_aqua:

I don't know, that was just my wishful thinking (that I don't exactly want it to happen, since I am also a BB main, y'know).

1,820 posts
8,020 battles
Just now, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

I don't know, that was just my wishful thinking (that I don't exactly want it to happen, since I am also a BB main, y'know).

With smokescreen being useless, oh well, DDs will end up getting extinct on the next patch :v

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles
Just now, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

With smokescreen being useless, oh well, DDs will end up getting extinct on the next patch :v

Now BBs are expected to be the one who do the tanking/shellbait spotting outside of the smoke while DD/Cruisers are the ones staying in the smoke and farm damage.

Oh, and don't forget the C-shaped smokelaying If you want to protect those fat botes.

440 posts
3,379 battles

I still don't understand on how is it a DD nerf. If all, I think it's more of a BB nerf (and maybe a cruiser nerf) since they can't simply park in smoke and wait till someone's 2 km from him to detect him

1,820 posts
8,020 battles
2 minutes ago, rouge42 said:

I still don't understand on how is it a DD nerf. If all, I think it's more of a BB nerf (and maybe a cruiser nerf) since they can't simply park in smoke and wait till someone's 2 km from him to detect him

Akizuki is affected by IFHE, Belfast is affected by smoke and other RN Cruisers

just give us RN CAs WG, we don't need Trash Cruisers who fire AP as always :Smile_hiding:

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,759 battles
13 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

How will smoke be useless?  It seems the only ships that will really be negatively affected are BB's and CA's sitting in smoke and firing. This is a massively better change than the previous attempt of reducing the duration when you fired inside the smoke.

It does nerf team play a little, but it's the worst kind of team play, BB's sitting in smoke and firing are not good for the game.  You can still smoke a BB to reduce their incoming damage, they are just likely to be spotted if they decide to fire.

1,820 posts
8,020 battles
1 minute ago, Moggytwo said:

How will smoke be useless?  It seems the only ships that will really be negatively affected are BB's and CA's sitting in smoke and firing. This is a massively better change than the previous attempt of reducing the duration when you fired inside the smoke.

It does nerf team play a little, but it's the worst kind of team play, BB's sitting in smoke and firing are not good for the game.  You can still smoke a BB to reduce their incoming damage, they are just likely to be spotted if they decide to fire.

Well it can be a good gameplay but i don't play Random Battles for years now,

Also thought, Yamato and the other High Tier BBs and CAs are gonna be affected by the change, DDs might sledgehammered a little.

1,105 posts

i hope they made deep torp un detectable by plane. also like choosing AP or HE, but with its long reload

if the smoke nerfed, at least they got torpedo buff like this. also i dont think IFHE should be good for phew phew DD like kebab.

2 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

just give us RN CAs WG, we don't need Trash Cruisers who fire AP as always :Smile_hiding:

its time to play RNBB with amaterasu chance of fire.

1 minute ago, Moggytwo said:

It seems the only ships that will really be negatively affected are BB's and CA's sitting in smoke and firing. This is a massively better change than the previous attempt of reducing the duration when you fired inside the smoke.

lel, the belfast and kutuzov need nerf. but since its againts "policy" they nerf the entire smoke ship line LOL.... very smart way

1,336 posts
8,823 battles

In what way are DDs getting nerfed?

The IFHE change is a flat out buff for DDs. For DD calibre guns the fire penalty is reduced to 1% (previously it was 3%). For everyone else it is 8%.

And the smoke change hardly touches DDs. BBs and the RN CLs are the ones hurting the most.

Beta Tester
129 posts
4,349 battles

The smoke changes doesnt affect DDs at all.The smoke changes only increase their detection range between  2.5km-2.8km when firing from smoke which  will not affect DDs at all unless they pope smoke too close to an enemy ship which is mainly the player's fault in the first place.IFHE will give them a bonus +1% fire chance for 139mm guns and below.Aircraft will still unable to spot DD in smoke even if they fire.

Tell me again how the DDs are affected by this?

64 posts
3,175 battles

This is good, I won't get as much grief from team-mates that expect platinum smoke support when I'm playing T R B DD.

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,552 battles
1 hour ago, Vanguisher88 said:

The smoke changes doesnt affect DDs at all.The smoke changes only increase their detection range between  2.5km-2.8km when firing from smoke which  will not affect DDs at all unless they pope smoke too close to an enemy ship which is mainly the player's fault in the first place.IFHE will give them a bonus +1% fire chance for 139mm guns and below.Aircraft will still unable to spot DD in smoke even if they fire.

because RIP teamplay with a DD div?

1,820 posts
8,020 battles
8 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

The nerf barely affects DD

Especially IJN DD that use torp mostly

If all, it affects RNCL and Kutuzov the most

Good, now Belfast users will suffer these changes then

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles
15 hours ago, Vanguisher88 said:

Hey. its our favorite BIGCOREMKP0I. He opens thread first, then posts random post, reads the actual source afterwards, which often are just rumors. We all are already used to it as you see none really questioned him.

SHARKBAIT: Play CV to solve every problem.

BIGCORE: AP Bombs are the answer for every problem.