Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
tics

IFHE and smoke changes

24 comments in this topic

[PEEDZ]
22 posts
5,771 battles

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

Some changes to IFHE and smoke.

Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/6ugxin/wows_dev_blog_in_st_ifhe_affects_detection/?ref=share&ref_source=link

NA forums:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/134292-even-more-info-on-the-wip-smoke-changes-ifhe-changes/

Everything in testing, so nothing confirmed, but looks like IFHE will have little chance of fires..

And bb will no longer be able to fire from smoke undetected (hope links work)

1,340 posts
8,848 battles

The changes look good so far.

I think 8% penalty on IFHE is a bit too much though, but individual numbers can be refined.

Overall I like the idea behind the changes.

1,105 posts

IFHE fire reduction chance shouldnt AFFECT SECONDARIES!!! now Bismarck and GK have 0% chance of causing fire

dilemma.....

delete IFHE..... unreliable secondary damage

use IFHE..... no fire.....

WG already nerf the Bismarck secondary damage and fire chance.... what now? another secondary nerf?

1,829 posts
8,060 battles
Just now, Skarhabek said:

IFHE fire reduction chance shouldnt AFFECT SECONDARIES!!! now Bismarck and GK have 0% chance of causing fire

dilemma.....

delete IFHE..... unreliable secondary damage

use IFHE..... no fire.....

WG already nerf the Bismarck secondary damage and fire chance.... what now? another secondary nerf?

Guess it's time to make CV rise and shine to get those BB smashed wit AP Bombs at them

1,105 posts
10 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Guess it's time to make CV rise and shine to get those BB smashed wit AP Bombs at them

it wont be happen, since manual AA is to strong. also the AP bomb only affect yolo BB like German and few BB. its only make yolo BB lazier to YOLO because AP bomb.

the great solution is to nerf manual AA on BB to become 25% for BB, 50% on DD, 75% on CV and still 100% on CA.

also reduce AA range in smoke only max 2km, why smoked ship can see where is the plane?

and PLEASE LOWER DAMAGE of CV TORPEDO on T4~T5 by 50% and 40%.... also reduce strafe damage and BRING BACK manual aim :V

another MM fix, there is only 1 CV for T4 and T5.... imagine 2 langley striking poor myogi, even with auto aim, its still killing it.

btw, i think IFHE change its HUGE NERF FOR BELFAST.... huahahahaaaha

1,829 posts
8,060 battles
Just now, Skarhabek said:

it wont be happen, since manual AA is to strong. also the AP bomb only affect yolo BB like German and few BB. its only make yolo BB lazier to YOLO because AP bomb.

the great solution is to nerf manual AA on BB to become 25% for BB, 50% on DD, 75% on CV and still 100% on CA.

also reduce AA range in smoke only max 2km, why smoked ship can see where is the plane?

and PLEASE LOWER DAMAGE of CV TORPEDO on T4~T5 by 50% and 40%.... also reduce strafe damage and BRING BACK manual aim :V

another MM fix, there is only 1 CV for T4 and T5.... imagine 2 langley striking poor myogi, even with auto aim, its still killing it.

btw, i think IFHE change its HUGE NERF FOR BELFAST.... huahahahaaaha

I think Manual AA skill will be removed since its not common for anything lol

1,386 posts
8,230 battles

IMO 2/6/10 for DD/CL(CA)/BB is more reasonable, 8% is a bit too much for some CLs with low chance of fire

The new smoke change is at least better than the old idea which was pretty much the worst idea one can think of.

1,105 posts
49 minutes ago, _Halcyon said:

IMO 2/6/10 for DD/CL(CA)/BB is more reasonable, 8% is a bit too much for some CLs with low chance of fire

The new smoke change is at least better than the old idea which was pretty much the worst idea one can think of.

why BB pick IFHE? i dont think BB IFHE should be nerfed because its for SECONDARY BUILD! now they nerf more the secondary.....

geezzee lets become sniper

33 minutes ago, Shiroyasha_Gintoki said:

My Mogami is crying in the corner right now when she heard about the IFHE changes...

pick 203mm now and join our 203mm algerie brotherhood :V

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Notice how this is yet another HUGE buff to Battleships.

Not directly, but indirectly - WG you genius-es :D

Instead of buffing CA, noooooo lets nerf IFHE, because too many BBabys don't like good CL rekting their precious Battleships.

1,490 posts
2 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :Smile_hiding:

Super Tester
7,544 posts
7,993 battles
15 hours ago, Alvin1020 said:

Notice how this is yet another HUGE buff to Battleships.

Not directly, but indirectly - WG you genius-es :D

Instead of buffing CA, noooooo lets nerf IFHE, because too many BBabys don't like good CL rekting their precious Battleships.

I'm pretty sure you are one of the crybabies about imaginary BB crybabies. In this forum, I am yet to see BB players crying about IFHE, they have lot more HP. Cruisers are the ones who gets murdered by IFHE these days. Any player with brain targets cruisers first instead of battleships. Besides IFHE makes no sense anyway. It's a buff for every other classes that is not a CL, or some specific DDs, like Akizuki / Harekaze.  Also, I don't see any reason to buff CA right now. Most of the high tier CAs (specially TX CA) are absolutely fantastic. And the other lower tier ones are boring to play anyway. May be Notser will be disappointed (may be you too) cause he was the only one who was using IFHE with CAs. (Even more useless than Sharkbait's RDF on CAs).

17 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

With only one problem, 80% of CV playerbase is absolute garbage and they just ruin the game for the whole team. I'm all for smashing / whacking BBs, but not by promoting a class that tend to have that much garbage (and too many fishermen at high tiers).

Edited by icy_phoenix

85 posts
4,522 battles

This is actually a very good change. 
The new smoke mechanics means no more smoke-camping BBs and cruisers whacking everything in their flank without retaliation.
And the IFHE changes puts CLs back to their places, as IFHE CLs had made CA guns rather inferior.

Super Tester
7,544 posts
7,993 battles
17 hours ago, Shiroyasha_Gintoki said:

pretty sure Atlanta/Flint is unaffected by this change...

Or, UK CLs, hahahaha... IFHE never worked for them in the first place :P Still superior than most other CAs.

[KGHSF]
3,205 posts
6,030 battles
On 21/8/2560 at 4:34 PM, icy_phoenix said:

Or, UK CLs, hahahaha... IFHE never worked for them in the first place :P Still superior than most other CAs.

UK is only AP shell aren't they? what about Perth and Payfast? 

1,340 posts
8,848 battles
23 minutes ago, THAI_THIEF said:

UK is only AP shell aren't they? what about Perth and Payfast? 

Payfast will be hurting. You could argue that this change is intended to hit the Belfast and Kutuzov badly. Unfortunately the Perth will be hit too.

Sign in to follow this