You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bitrot

Confirmed, Yamamoto collection items dropping from daily crates

19 comments in this topic

163 posts
7,901 battles

Posted this in another thread but in case its missed,

The collection starts if you buy just 1 crate form the shop.  My second daily random crate from yesterday (credits) scored me a Yamamoto collection piece.  I have completed mission 1 of the campaign, not sure if that has any bearing on it.  So you don't have to wait till mission 5 it seems unless you want to avoid paying a few dollars at the shop.

screenshots;

Purchased one crate from shop which started collection;

BRWnwWt.jpg

Daily crate now landed me an additional collectable;

nfd9fzh.jpg

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,645 battles

What flags are those? (bit hard to see) says you can get "(Common) 12 sets of Dragon, Wyvern, Red Dragon, Ouroboros, or Hydra Special Signal Flags"

14 posts
834 battles

Those are normal flags as this is not a screen cap of his yamamoto container. 

The containers i bought were good. No Wyvern flags thankfully (i have bulk credits and lots of them already) and not many duplicates. 

Also if you select try your luck i still got 1 piece of the collection as you would in a normal container. 

163 posts
7,901 battles

Yeah the screenshot post is of a daily crate (credit, flags, consumable TYL), the collectable if you get one gets tagged on the end.

The Yamamoto crates from the shop are different, ornate wooden ones with 12 special flags and 2 collectables.

I was just pointing out once you get one Yamamoto crate from shop, it kickstarts collection and they now start showing up in daily crates.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,971 battles

Yeah since Yamamoto campaign is permanent, the crates aren't exactly 'worth it' to buy.

Not unless you really really want to colour your ships differently.

2,221 posts
13,710 battles

Ok, odd. First crate didn't have item, second crate did. I checked notifications and from 2 crates confirms only 1 addition.

Edited by keskparane

163 posts
7,901 battles

Yeah you are not guaranteed a collectable even in one day.  After 2 days of nothing, picked up another one, had 7 empty crates before I scored again.

2,221 posts
13,710 battles

My current theory is you won't earn a collection item if you earn the container (meet the requirement) while playing a battle type other than random. First 2 containers today no item. Was playing scenario at the time. Will see what happens with the third one.

163 posts
7,901 battles

I have being playing mostly random, with a dash of crazy co-op to speed up those British BB missions, out of 3 daily crates, usually at least one has a collectable. Tending to get a lot of duplicates; 10 so far!

It will trickle along nicely though I guess.

Edited by Bitrot

1 post
899 battles

I purchased 55 yamamoto crates n finished the collections. but, i cant find the yamamoto isoruku and the special flag..:( Am i missing something here? let me know please 

163 posts
7,901 battles

Thats interesting.  The wiki page ... http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Yamamoto_Collection states their is no reward for collecting all 40 items, i.e. completing all sub collections but in the game client I was pretty sure there was a flag?  Can someone confirm.

The commander himself comes with the Missions 5 which does not unlock till 4th October.

248 posts

it's worth noting that the one container contained a DD upgrade lol.

in the last two years i have played 3 games i think in DD's.

it's like they were actively trolling me

Edited by fuzzjunky