You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Farlesquew

Prepare for UK BB combat mission

9 comments in this topic

42 posts
5,502 battles

So I'm working my way through the 'Prepare for UK BB' combat mission and stage 3 requires me to set fire to battleships 10 times. Problem being that my only tier V is a British cruiser (yeah yeah) so I can only lob AP. I've been lucky enough to set 1 fire, but sheesh, it really feels like WG are rubbing the Brit AP limitations in my face, in a mission that's should be 'pro-RN'?

No way I'll grind the captain skill points in time, but can anyone tell me if the tier III skill 'Demolition Expert' (+2% chance of fire caused by a main battery shell) would help British cruisers? If there at least some underlying chance to an AP shell to start a fire (it would seem so given that I've set one) to which that +2% would be added? Or was my one fire an utter fluke and it's going to be 2%'s chance in hell?

Is anyone running Demolition Expert on their Brit cruisers? 

Cheers

17 posts
7,849 battles

Ap will never start a fire, you might with secondaries if you are close enough... but a bb only has to look angrily in your direction when you are close...and you WILL explode.

I love my fiji, but i used my benson and Japanese cruisers to get that one.

440 posts
3,379 battles

DE won't be useful for RNCL since they only shoot AP (this also goes to IFHE). Do you have any tier 4 that's close to unlock tier 5? If yes, you should grind that one out because you're not gonna start any fires quickly if you only use RNCL

42 posts
5,502 battles

Great answers, thanks guys. 

Seems like the one fire set was probably secondaries then. 

I'll check my other lines to see if I'm close to anything else that can burn those BBs.

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles
2 hours ago, Farlesquew said:

Great answers, thanks guys. 

Seems like the one fire set was probably secondaries then. 

I'll check my other lines to see if I'm close to anything else that can burn those BBs.

literally any line can do it, a BB spamming HE(not suggested) for the whole match can easily get up to 8+ fires, CAs even more so if you know how to stay at range

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

literally any line can do it, a BB spamming HE(not suggested) for the whole match can easily get up to 8+ fires, CAs even more so if you know how to stay at range

Well just go co-op and you can spam HE whatever you like and no one will ever complain.