Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Olddavid_Spicer

whats the normal setup for random battles and levels

9 comments in this topic

6 posts
10,934 battles

ive been playing this game for over a year now . and for a while there I noticed , if I played

a game with my level 8 ship , game one might include 9s and 10s , game 2 might be 7s and 9s and game 3 6s 7s and of course my level 8 .

however in the current games , every single 1 for the last 5 have had me faced up against 9s and 10s . what gives .

1,490 posts
8 hours ago, Olddavid_Spicer said:

ive been playing this game for over a year now . and for a while there I noticed , if I played

a game with my level 8 ship , game one might include 9s and 10s , game 2 might be 7s and 9s and game 3 6s 7s and of course my level 8 .

however in the current games , every single 1 for the last 5 have had me faced up against 9s and 10s . what gives .

Hi there Olddavid_Spicer,

I don't think there is any set parameter for the MM as to what tier gets picked...

The MM was altered a long time ago to be faster, because the wait times were too long, so now it selects anyone waiting in ships + or - 2 tiers , from t5 onwards....

It also does  NOT pick good players from potatoes, it being random..

If you keep selecting "battle on" , then you have a higher chance of meeting some of the same ships as the last battle, so I always go back to port first...

Sometimes I have found there may not be too many of a tier waiting, so I select a different tier & find where the most players are...

Other times, like late at night or early morning, not many people on...

My tip is, when your're  in higher tier games in a lower ship, go after the smaller ships, try & bait bigger ones into your fleets range, & at the start, don't push in as fast, so the enemy fleet pushes first, so then you can see who is where, & then pick your target...

Have fun..

:Smile_honoring:

Ordrazz

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

the kind of MM that you get is based on the number of player at certain tier

since most player jump to tier 10 and sold their tier 9 ship

when you use tier 8 ship, you will mostly see 8/9/10 tier match

and rarely 7/8/9

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Normal Matchmaking behavior. If you are solo running, it's a normal match as long as it is within +2/-2 tier or level what you called it.

So at some matches, you are either the top (/highest), middle, or bottom (lowest) level of the match.

Really depend on available players queuing in the match. So assuming you are queuing for Tier 8 ship then a lot of people using Tier 9 & 10, most likely you'll be bottom tier of the match.

I see no issue on that.

Edited by Mingfang47

54 posts
7,230 battles

Also remember that at the moment there's the new Yamamoto missions for T9 and 10 (though a couple T8 ones are there as well, it's mainly the higher ones), so that's why there's a lot of 9/10 cruisers at the moment. from the 24th it'll be carriers from memory (cv is next week right, not BB?) as the next round unlocks.

Sign in to follow this