You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xamdam

I wish there was an option for...

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
256 posts
4,134 battles

A solo arena. I'm so tired of seeing OP 3-man divisions show up and wreck our gaggle of misfits and potatoes. So much fun when you check stats and see your team's 45% Benson is going to meet a 71% Kagero and his two radar buddies.

Nothing against good players. But really, sometimes enough is enough... 

/rant

Flame away.

Edited by xamdam

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles
5 minutes ago, xamdam said:

A solo arena. I'm so tired of seeing OP 3-man divisions show up and wreck our gaggle of misfits and potatoes. So much fun when you check stats and see your team's 45% Benson is going to meet a 71% loyang and his two radar buddies.

Nothing against good players. But really, sometimes enough is enough... 

/rant

Flame away.

there, fixed it for you

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

to be fair, if unicums REALLY wanted to tryhard, they would have taken something like a loyang, a kagaro division is most likely there to help with a grind

Beta Tester
604 posts
6,756 battles

They can't really do that if they want to keep divisions though.  If there was a choice between a random battle all solo queue and the current random battle queue, clearly no solo player would play anything but the all solo queue.  This means that the standard queue would be effectively divisions only, which would be impossible to match make.

Divs are just a part of this game, and three unicums playing together is basically the same as a solo unicum taking their tier 3 ship with a 19pt captain, flags etc and killing all the poor new players.  You're basically playing the game set to easy at that point, and your win rate also doesn't reflect the players actual skill level.  Solo win rate is the only real relative measure, given not too low an average tier played.  Although it's fun to play with friends and do a bit of stomping sometimes, if that's all you do in the game, then I would say that says something not particularly good about the sort of person you are.

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles
45 minutes ago, _Halcyon said:

......And never trust sharkbait

Why not trust him whn he is literally telling the truth giggle ROFL.

I admire his sense of humour though , it cheers up this forum gloomy atmosphere from pubstorm

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles
11 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Although it's fun to play with friends and do a bit of stomping sometimes, if that's all you do in the game, then I would say that says something not particularly good about the sort of person you are.

I do that all the times. I think I only played 250 solo games not counting the super testing matches, mostly when I was a noob. What does this tell about the person I actually am? Where did you even get the lame idea that it actually means something about the real person from the activities in an online game? Only solo winrate matters? Well hey, most of your solo winrate are because of some unicum division in your team. No?

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,558 battles

99% i play on my own,  just very tough in my T8 ship face div of T10s and play with guessing what my 11 other teammate plan to do

but how then, nothing i could do but carry my own weight go play and see how things gonna go but mostly its never a success

435 posts
6,169 battles
5 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Well hey, most of your solo winrate are because of some unicum division in your team. No?

Nope, can’t agree with you there icy, solo win rates are NOT the result of divisions or unicum’s in our teams.

Most successful WRs are result of a collective of solo players racing out to kill as many of the enemy as possible and with the occasional DD winning cap advantage. :cap_rambo:

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Nope, can’t agree with you there icy, solo win rates are NOT the result of divisions or unicum’s in our teams.

Most successful WRs are result of a collective of solo players racing out to kill as many of the enemy as possible and with the occasional DD winning cap advantage. :cap_rambo:

From my experience, solo players only cares about their personal goals, like grinding ships, getting high damage, completing missions etc. "WR doesn't mean anything" is the catch phrase they use to hide their inability to play for wins. Divisions on the other hand are all about making plays that are necessary for ensuring victory. So, it's pretty normal that they have lower stats except WR than many solo players.

You can deny all you want. As you see, you and me both used the word "mostly". For me, that's around 70% of the games. Could we do it in solo? Ofc not. But since we play for fun, and winning or stomping is fun, we play in divs. Solo elitists are the ones in desperate needs to prove something. We are here to have fun and pass time with long known friends, nothing to prove. So why not? And certainly doesn't mean anything about the real person as the other guy claimed above.

Beta Tester
604 posts
6,756 battles
10 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I do that all the times. I think I only played 250 solo games not counting the super testing matches, mostly when I was a noob. What does this tell about the person I actually am? Where did you even get the lame idea that it actually means something about the real person from the activities in an online game? Only solo winrate matters? Well hey, most of your solo winrate are because of some unicum division in your team. No?

From my experience, solo players only cares about their personal goals, like grinding ships, getting high damage, completing missions etc. "WR doesn't mean anything" is the catch phrase they use to hide their inability to play for wins. Divisions on the other hand are all about making plays that are necessary for ensuring victory. So, it's pretty normal that they have lower stats except WR than many solo players.

You can deny all you want. As you see, you and me both used the word "mostly". For me, that's around 70% of the games. Could we do it in solo? Ofc not. But since we play for fun, and winning or stomping is fun, we play in divs. Solo elitists are the ones in desperate needs to prove something. We are here to have fun and pass time with long known friends, nothing to prove. So why not? And certainly doesn't mean anything about the real person as the other guy claimed above.

Saying solo win rate is only reflective of having unicum divs on your team completely misses the point of win rate.  You are just as likely to have that unicum div on the other team as on your team, which means that over time any solo win rate above 50% means you are performing better than the average player.  So solo win rate is the most accurate reflection of all available stats for your general skill level at the game.

"Winning or stomping is fun." This comment is exactly what I meant by saying it reflects the sort of person you are.  In the end, when you set up to give yourself an unfair advantage (and that's what unicum divs are, hence the much higher division win rate, which is merely the statistical consequence of this unfair advantage), then you are happy with the fact that despite being a much better player than average, you want to not challenge yourself but make the game easier for yourself. It is effectively an approved form of cheating, and although I would say it's perfectly fine to play with your friends sometimes, if all you do is unicum div, and you do it while feeling perfectly fine and happy about it and what it means, then you are a person who is comfortable with giving yourself an unfair advantage.  If you are happy to do that in a game without your conscience giving you a few pangs of guilt, then you are probably happy to do that in other aspects of your life.  Hence I said it reflects the sort of person you are.

If you want to play with skilled friends, I would personally like to play against them as much as I would like to play with them.  Some of the most enjoyable games I have had (both sport and online) have been playing against my friends. It's a shame there isn't really a way to do that in-game (and it would unfortunately be abusable).

435 posts
6,169 battles
6 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Wrong again! You have deduced incorrectly from your experience, "mostly". :Smile_teethhappy:

First off your “solo… only cares” argument is absolute, this is incorrect, in ”most” games solo players do make plays for victory (maybe any and all victory's) and it’s not only solo players who care about their stats, div boys do too.

That’s why I generalize since there always an exception to the rule and you should have in this case too. But instead you insulted everyone who plays outside a division by putting yourself up and above solo players and claiming that we all have “inability to play for wins”. :Smile_izmena:

It’s most likely is if you’re always playing divisions then you will never (seldom) see solo plays for victory’s, the fact is that there is far more victory’s with a collective of 12v12 players that a sub-collective of 12v12 players but you will never see this playing in divisions, you only see div plays for victory's. You need to see thing in a larger scope, outside the square so to speak! 

My experience from outside divisions, generally divisions cancel each other out, or mostly it start out as an equal contest between div vs div. Where you get unicom div vs a potato div is just the same as when you get a unicom player vs a potato, that MM randomness. But there a real advantage when there is only one div in the whole match and I think that is when and where div players WR skyrocket.   

Edited by BuckleUpBones

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles
4 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

If you want to play with skilled friends, I would personally like to play against them as much as I would like to play with them.  Some of the most enjoyable games I have had (both sport and online) have been playing against my friends. It's a shame there isn't really a way to do that in-game (and it would unfortunately be abusable).

Fair enough. But I don't think forming divisions aren't cheating. Its just a better form of co-ordination. What difference does it make if 3 players happen to be in the same team solo, and when the same three in a division? Almost nothing other than the ship configuration and probably communication. Communication is a key in all team based game. Since it is almost impossible to communicate with most players (mostly ignorant and unable/unwilling to read/write English), only possible way to do proper strategy is with a division, a team within a team and hopefully everyone else doesn't throw the game. Divisioning is there to counter the enemy division and give the team an advantage. You think its not challenging to play in a division? You don't know much about divisioning in that case. Its much harder to achieve better score in a division because you are basically competing against almost equally skilled players. I love challenges. But like I said, I have nothing to prove here that I have the ability to carry in a solo. May be I do, may be I don't who cares. In any war strategy in the history, you never wouldve given enemy a fair ground. You make it as much unfair as possible. You go Ranked if you feel the necessity to face 'so called challenge'. Anything that goes by the rules isn't cheating.

Also note, nowhere I said that solo players don't have skills or they can't carry the team. But as you have said yourself, divisions do contribute in a win more than solo players in most cases. And like you said, playing with friends in a vc is extra fun. Should we care if enemy team is having fun or not? Even wargaming doesn't want that. Thats why "Saipan is fine" and "Belfast is not OP" exists.

1 hour ago, BuckleUpBones said:

My experience from outside divisions, generally divisions cancel each other out, or mostly it start out as an equal contest between div vs div. Where you get unicom div vs a potato div is just the same as when you get a unicom player vs a potato, that MM randomness. But there a real advantage when there is only one div in the whole match and I think that is when and where div players WR skyrocket.   

In all honesty, that is pretty rare. There are a lot of divisions, specially over T8 to T10. There you will barely see any match where there aren't two divisions in each team and on top of that, there are always fishing divs out there. And seems like you are in denial, but we all know what random players do when there are weekly bonuses or lame WG missions that asks you to spot ships with a battleship or kill a cv etc like that. Half of your team will just throw the game to complete the missions. 

Beta Tester
256 posts
4,134 battles
2 hours ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

Having trouble with divisions? Make new friends and division with them... Problem solved...

Not what this is about. Or is it? Why can't we have a division only arena? Is it because those players that just have to band up to boost their chances of winning don't want to wait in excruciatingly long queues for the MM to sort them out? Yes, much easier to dump a bunch of "randoms" or "potatoes" in as fodder. 

As for "random" players throwing the game for their own missions... I call BS. 

But hey, I knew this debate would spark controversy. Have at it folks. 

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Players who are arguing about "Unicum Division needs to be stopped, There needs to be a separate solo battle queue, Separate Division queue" don't division much... Sure it is how you like to play the game, It is all up to you guys... But you don't need to push your ideas/opinions just because you cannot find friends to division with...

Nobody stopped you from making your own OP/Unicum division.. Nobody stopped you from acquiring the skills as the so called unicum player has... 

I've given you the easiest way to deal with the unicum divisions and you're still trying to prove something...

This topic has been debated many times and this time it hasn't spark any controversy as it is just a Rant Post by a Frustrated player who has lost a game..

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

Beta Tester
256 posts
4,134 battles
11 hours ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

I've given you the easiest way to deal with the unicum divisions and you're still trying to prove something...

Huh? Create another unicum division? How does that deal with the problem? 

Checking my stats, indeed my 2 and 3 ship WR is around 60%. Not surprised by that at all even if it's a relatively small sample size. I'm pretty sure that's the same for most players that manage to keep their heads above 50% solo (though I do wonder about these 3 man 46% people...). 

I also know that in many cases we were the only division in the match or perhaps up against a lower tiered / smaller / less effective div on the other side. In other words, we were adding to the problem.

And why do you think it's difficult for me to make online friends? I've been doing this for a long time (not only this game) and have MMO gaming friends spanning back 21 years that I keep in contact with. I've done clans, in many games. I've spent hundreds of hours running them and managing web sites for them. No, I don't have any problem building a list of contacts to division with. These days, I prefer to manage my own pace. I decline far more division requests than I accept or make as time management is more important. 

So yeah, I'll just have to deal with it. Doesn't mean I'll have to like or agree with the way it's set up.