Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BunnyDragon

Concealment on High Tier CA/CL

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
420 posts

I'm just wondering about Concealment on the upper tier cruisers.  

I've noticed recently that my cruisers are often the most concealed of all the cruisers in a match.

So, am I the only one who is putting concealment expert and the module on his cruisers?  

Just wondering, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,105 posts
7,834 battles

Full coancealment build moskva, Henry and hindenburg is 13km-14km-ish

which some BB like IOWA, NC, alabama etc were more stealthy. with British BB the list would only be growing

 

only 3 of them is not conspicius. des moines is 10.6km, zao is 9.7km, and mino is 8.9km

 

Edited by humusz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
993 posts
7,415 battles
1 minute ago, SlamUez said:

I run concealment on all my ships. Concealment is life. 

 

Haha, I wish I had 10 point commanders on all my cruisers :)

 

When my cruiser commanders reach 10 points, I generally select CE and the module Concealment System Mod (for higher tiers). DDs, same.

 

With BB's I prefer to boost secondaries, so I pick AFT rather than CE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,105 posts
7,834 battles
3 minutes ago, BunnyDragon said:

I was just in a battle with 3 Zaos, 1 Des Moines, and 1 Mini.

I was more stealthy than all of them with my NO.

 

???????WHAT?  This seems like a meta thing to me. 

what mini ? minotour ?

NO full stealth would be 9.1km if Im remember it right

 

if that was minotour still there only 200 meter diffrence

you both is the stealthiest ship on fleet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
420 posts
1 minute ago, humusz said:

what mini ? minotour ?

NO full stealth would be 9.1km if Im remember it right

 

if that was minotour still there only 200 meter diffrence

you both is the stealthiest ship on fleet

No, his rating was like 60 and my was 70ish.  Have a screen shot, will upload later after work.  This is not a small difference but bigger 1 to 3 km difference at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,105 posts
7,834 battles
10 minutes ago, BunnyDragon said:

No, his rating was like 60 and my was 70ish.  Have a screen shot, will upload later after work.  This is not a small difference but bigger 1 to 3 km difference at least. 

That rating on loading screen ?

AFAIK those were not counting upgrades and captain skill of either Allied ships or enemy ships

it only show yours upgraded state not other

 

so yeah, its missleading

only CV would check it. because it can show enemy CV loadout

Edited by humusz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,561 posts
17,548 battles
13 minutes ago, BunnyDragon said:

No, his rating was like 60 and my was 70ish.  Have a screen shot, will upload later after work.  This is not a small difference but bigger 1 to 3 km difference at least. 

then he either dont have CE or the concealment module, eitherway he's a idiot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
993 posts
7,415 battles
15 minutes ago, humusz said:

That rating on loading screen ?

AFAIK those were not counting upgrades and captain skill of either Allied ships or enemy ships

 

2

Yes, they do. The numbers match those you get in Port. And numbers in Port reflect ship, modules, captain skills and flags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,105 posts
7,834 battles
13 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Yes, they do. The numbers match those you get in Port. And numbers in Port reflect ship, modules, captain skills and flags.

Your ship yes

 

AFAIK, your allied and your enemy is not

if you can claim otherwise, try to do it on division.

use same ship, same hull, same upgraded module and captain ship. and check wheather you and your div mates rating is identical with each other

(I done that btw, but thats the time when IJN CV does widening spread, so its very long time ago)

 

I dont know if there are patches fix that today, but I know the loading screen rating were missleading since long time ago. so I never bother to check it again.

when its loading,i usualy end up alt-tab and browse instead

 

Edited by humusz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,124 posts

I think WG may overhaul the concealment system in future

 

game start to lose it characteristic when every ship in game focus on concealment, hell, even massive giant ship have conceal rival to smaller ship is completely broken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
326 posts
10,503 battles

**Wait for Chapa, Moskva, DM, Mino, Mighty Mo & Black popup their radar**

-Dream-

Edited by ArchKongou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
420 posts

This is the Screen shot of the mini.  All the Tier 10s were like this for the last week.

Weird.  I'm not sure what's happened to the meta.  I thought Conceal was the way 

to go, but I'm different from most players that I've been checking recently. 

And a screen shot of my ship.

I have camo, captain skill and module on mine.  This is what I thought meta was.  (Have been winning a lot more games recently though. So proof that conceal for CA/CL is the way to go?)

shot-17.08.15_13.29.52-0283.jpg

shot-17.08.15_16.34.15-0272.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles
3 hours ago, BunnyDragon said:

This is the Screen shot of the mini.  All the Tier 10s were like this for the last week.

Weird.  I'm not sure what's happened to the meta.  I thought Conceal was the way 

to go, but I'm different from most players that I've been checking recently. 

And a screen shot of my ship.

I have camo, captain skill and module on mine.  This is what I thought meta was.  (Have been winning a lot more games recently though. So proof that conceal for CA/CL is the way to go?)

shot-17.08.15_13.29.52-0283.jpg

shot-17.08.15_16.34.15-0272.jpg

Like humusz said above, the stats show in the loading screen don't count upgrades and captain skills so most players will just ignore the loading screen stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,124 posts

CA these day are so stealth to that if they got detected without seeing enemy is guarantee to have DD in their radar range.

I'm one of DD who don't dare to go up front because of this... T_T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,561 posts
17,548 battles
12 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

CA these day are so stealth to that if they got detected without seeing enemy is guarantee to have DD in their radar range.

I'm one of DD who don't dare to go up front because of this... T_T

only chappy and mino can do that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
420 posts
15 hours ago, Shiroyasha_Gintoki said:

Like humusz said above, the stats show in the loading screen don't count upgrades and captain skills so most players will just ignore the loading screen stats.

No way.  I've checked before and most of the time, it does take in modules and captain skills into the points.  I've noticed this in game.  

For this Mino, I detected him first before he detected me.  He didn't see me until my guns fired.

In my Takeo, I've noticed that the concealment numbers are good for most games.  Some captain skills are not included in the count, like DE or IFHE.  Those aren't counted cause they are shells not guns (my reasoning).  But, yes, I have both CE and the Module for concealment, but it took me a while to get the CE.  I remember the rough number for just the module on that.  What happens in game for first spot jives with the numbers.  

I'm just wondering why, the players who aren't on the forums are not going concealment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles
40 minutes ago, BunnyDragon said:

No way.  I've checked before and most of the time, it does take in modules and captain skills into the points.  I've noticed this in game.  

For this Mino, I detected him first before he detected me.  He didn't see me until my guns fired.

Yeah but did Mino shoot? If he shot his guns or his AA, he will have an increase in detection range. If he shot his main guns then he will have the detection range equal to his main guns range. And if you didn't shoot before he did, then you'll spot him before he can spot you cuz of gameplay mechanic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LLBC]
Member
747 posts
6,850 battles
21 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

Well some Brits cruiser player dont use camo focus because their reliant of Smoke cover

 

Colonize on sight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
420 posts
3 hours ago, Shiroyasha_Gintoki said:

Yeah but did Mino shoot? If he shot his guns or his AA, he will have an increase in detection range. If he shot his main guns then he will have the detection range equal to his main guns range. And if you didn't shoot before he did, then you'll spot him before he can spot you cuz of gameplay mechanic.

Nope he didn't shoot first. I did.  His detection range when all stealthed up is lower than mine.  Considering how squishy he is, I'm surprised he didn't do that.  That's why I wondering why I keep running into high tier CA/CL that aren't going stealth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
993 posts
7,415 battles
On 8/15/2017 at 7:31 PM, humusz said:

AFAIK, your allied and your enemy is not

 

Well, fair enough, I cannot say that for other ships. Simply because I cannot verify.

 

I have often observed if there are several of the same ships, they not have all the same ratings. For example, you drive a Kagero and there are two Kageros on the other team, one has better concealment, one worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles
20 hours ago, BunnyDragon said:

Nope he didn't shoot first. I did.  His detection range when all stealthed up is lower than mine.  Considering how squishy he is, I'm surprised he didn't do that.  That's why I wondering why I keep running into high tier CA/CL that aren't going stealth. 

Maybe you should know that Minotaur with AA range upgrades and AFT can have maximum AA range higher than their own air detection range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×