You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IndyChanKawaii

SGM3 or CSM1 on 2m slot for kiting-oriented cruisers?

12 comments in this topic

381 posts
9,957 battles

I just bought the Charles Martel and will re-buy Mogami soon because I like to run around and spam HE in a cruiser :Smile_Default:

Would like to hear your opinion on which module I should choose for the 2m credit module slot. I have tested Steering Gear mod on PT server and feel pretty fun but few people play seriously there so I'm not sure if it's worth sacrificing concealment and extra dispersion penalty. It would be really nice if someone who used the SGM3 on cruisers on live server could provide me with some input on this matter.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

1,105 posts

Keep playing the Charles Martel instead!

Algerie is strong, but Charles Martel is SUSANOO!! 

#look at the Charles stat at WoWsnumber

my friend said 152 cal in mogami is better for long range spam, but CONCEALMENT IS MUSS!! (if you are on cruiser that kiting)

and bet me 10gold, everyone will advice for taking concealment...

1,347 posts
8,872 battles
1 hour ago, Skarhabek said:

Keep playing the Charles Martel instead!

Algerie is strong, but Charles Martel is SUSANOO!! 

#look at the Charles stat at WoWsnumber

Who or what is this Susanoo thing you keep on bringing up? It is the 2nd time today I have seen you do this.

As for the OP, I prefer Concealment on Mogami but I know Aerroon had a Mogami video where he slapped on both Steering Gear upgrades and was pretty happy with it.

Depends on personal preference I guess.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

depends on the acceleration, Turing radius of the ship and original rudder shift speed when picking the ship, and then think how well you can WASD

[SGC]
31 posts
7,180 battles

Concealment on all IJN cruisers!!! Let us feast upon the tears of all the poor, poor battleships and their baBBy captains who cannot see the magically cloaked cruisers while still being rained upon by glorious and honourable 203mm shells!! MUAHAHAHAHA:cap_haloween:

....Welp, I shall see myself in hell.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,863 battles
4 hours ago, AllenKevin said:

Concealment on all IJN cruisers!!! Let us feast upon the tears of all the poor, poor battleships and their baBBy captains who cannot see the magically cloaked cruisers while still being rained upon by glorious and honourable 203mm shells!! MUAHAHAHAHA:cap_haloween:

....Welp, I shall see myself in hell.

honourable 203mm 15x 155mm shells per salvo!! MUAHAHAHAHA

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles

SGM2 + Concealment is sufficient for Charles. I don't have much of a problem w 7.9s rudder shift; it's good enough by my standards.

It enables me to sail closer to front line ships than the SGM3 build, and I gotta say the guns aren't half bad either.

The boosted speed offsets the slow rudder shift; hence, you won't notice a thing once you start dodging.

The bigger question here is whether or not you have the Engine Boost mod installed on the Charles. You will enjoy having 270s of 39kn top speed :3

Edited by seiji09