You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordTyphoon

Noob CVs

46 comments in this topic

980 posts
12,617 battles

As a below average CV player (and below average player overall) I understand that while I am not qualified to talk about CV gameplay, my recent experiences playing CVs has been quite appalling. 

The hate I get is quite extensive - I get on average 1-2 reports per game regardless of whether my team wins or loses, and get angry PMs after games from teammates telling me to quit playing cvs. I once came 1st in XP in a defeated game with 75 planes shot down, but was still reported for that. 

But I also feel that the player base in general has no idea what it takes to play a mid/high tier CV. For example, I was losing the air battle to an enemy Saipan in my Hiryu one battle, and I get called a noob, with the accuser saying 'you have more planes than Saipan per squadron, you should win the air battle easily, why are u losing planes noob'. 

So do other CV players see this often? How does every else deal with this? Any ideas on how to encourage more respect for CV players? 

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles
On 8/14/2017 at 10:22 AM, LordTyphoon said:

As a below average CV player (and below average player overall) I understand that while I am not qualified to talk about CV gameplay, my recent experiences playing CVs has been quite appalling. 

The hate I get is quite extensive - I get on average 1-2 reports per game regardless of whether my team wins or loses, and get angry PMs after games from teammates telling me to quit playing cvs. I once came 1st in XP in a defeated game with 75 planes shot down, but was still reported for that. 

But I also feel that the player base in general has no idea what it takes to play a mid/high tier CV. For example, I was losing the air battle to an enemy Saipan in my Hiryu one battle, and I get called a noob, with the accuser saying 'you have more planes than Saipan per squadron, you should win the air battle easily, why are u losing planes noob'. 

So do other CV players see this often? How does every else deal with this? Any ideas on how to encourage more respect for CV players? 

As a matter ofc , send a FT squad to tail a mino for all the match , and got 3 rep from his division for not letting him disengage and eat BB AP.

Pubstomp a carrier completely , killing 65% of his planes , lose match eat rep from the team

PPL dont care about CV , as they dont see the larger picture , they dont have the situational awareness a CV possess , ignore the advice a CV tell them to and do what they see fit with their limited vision. Example case of a smarta** trying to show off his officer telling him to shut the [Content Removed] up while failing spectacularly and pissing his pants.

I deal with it by shut it up and take a picture of exp gain , the moron will mostlikely in the bottom of the list while you ROFL on the proof of his poor display.

Most are ignorant and ignorant is a crime so to speak about cv gameplay.

Btw , try your best to get out of tier 7 , Saipan fishing divisions are not rare and most unicums prefer to farm his stats in that EVIL of a ship.

To beat Saipan in a 1 v1 no strafe you need to invest in all possible FT upgrade including that useless 1 pt skill no body use.

They will learn to respect and fear CV player when they get into tier 8 9 10 where CV can put them in their place and remove them 3 min into the game if they so much as provoke them. You disrespect them and you are in for a world of hell , simple as that. You specced AA ? They dont care , They want you dead in the game and you are dead even if it cost them their game.

So shape up man , buckle up and walk with your head high as you have endured hardship in trying to play one of the hardest and most tiring class of ship in the game.

Profanity , Post Edited , User Warned
~Ephys

25 posts
3,686 battles

A few points here.

People who flame CVs are usually ones who haven't played CVs, and don't understand how tough it is to play the class.

It's not completely their fault either, as they have probably been deleted by enemy CVs before, so when they don't see you filling the chat with 'Devastating Strike's, they will think you are a bad CV player. It's not your fault for being bad either, if you are matched against a highly skilled CV player, you will lose AS to him, it's not like you didn't try your best.

I deal with it by ignoring such messages. Don't let it affect you. Just focus on improving by observing the other CV and learning how he strikes/strafes, and which angle he hits from. If you must, type "I'm trying my best, please bear with me".

To get more recognition, use those quick commands. Make your name appear in the chat, be it just calling for focus fire or pinging an area on the map. If players see your name in the chat, they tend to think you're doing something, and complain a lot less. Don't over-spam of course, if you fill the chat completely it will have a reverse effect. Also, try to type out what you're doing. I like to type "Spotting the DD", "Sending fighters over", into chat once. Simply typing this gives you compliments once in a while.

Lastly, use ": )". It makes you more human to the other players in the game, and bypasses language barriers. A smiley face is globally understood. 

These are the few things I've been doing while playing CVs. It's been a semi-pleasant experience for me because of this. Most of my compliments came from those CV games too.

There will occasionally still be people flaming you in-game, but just remember that they don't understand, and that it's also not their fault.

Hope this helps, and maybe even gives you a better view on CV interaction.

Best of luck : )

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

If everyone is telling you that every battle, then you must be really bad. :D

Mass people are always right!

From my personal experience, I have met a lot of CV players from this forum. Apart from a few, most are really bad with their drop selection, ft engagement location and cap coverage etc. I even remember some names, so bad with CV that if you get them in your team, not even 70% wr fishing divs can save the day. And then again, I have played with lot of OP CV players from this forum as well, and I never saw them getting flamed. And there are some CV elitists who always start with you know nothing, JohnSnowWows if you don't play CV.

Personally, I don't think people should flame that much in a game, but people will flame you if they see you doing nothing. So I would say, be more communicative as @derpcargoship explained in his second point. His first point is bullshit IMO.

And be careful about Saipan, Remember, Saipan is fine.

Edited by icy_phoenix

37 posts
9,844 battles

best to ignore chat other than if you can protect your team as they request it.. Most of the time the team is raging at you for helping other players or losing everything and becoming a floating barge.

Higher tier cv play is stressful although I havn't done much of it. Give me back my straife bogue... Oh how I miss you.

326 posts
10,506 battles

Just finish my game with cv.

Got instant 2 report for losing battle. Heck I got clear sky achievement for saving my allied from enemy's plane. 

Oh well, just another day, carry on.

1,105 posts
On 8/14/2017 at 11:09 AM, legionary2099 said:

PPL dont care about CV , as they dont see the larger picture , they dont have the situational awareness a CV possess , ignore the advice a CV tell them to and do what they see fit with their limited vision. Example case of a smarta** trying to show off his officer telling him to shut the [Content Removed] up while failing spectacularly and pissing his pants.

Most are ignorant and ignorant is a crime so to speak about cv gameplay.

lol i got somebody tell me noob CV because they got killed by main gun in OCEAN T10 match.... of course i spot enemy, protect from airstrike, prevent enemy CV spoting ... but too bad because 2 minotaur and des meme in every place i cannt bomb anything (lel Shokaku). and we lose in less than 7 min.... NO ENEMY KILLED! whats wrong with this people.....

On 8/14/2017 at 11:12 AM, derpcargoship said:

A few points here.

People who flame CVs are usually ones who haven't played CVs, and don't understand how tough it is to play the class.

It's not completely their fault either, as they have probably been deleted by enemy CVs before, so when they don't see you filling the chat with 'Devastating Strike's, they will think you are a bad CV player. It's not your fault for being bad either, if you are matched against a highly skilled CV player, you will lose AS to him, it's not like you didn't try your best.

i got blamed because striking Yamato with full HP pushing to the cap... they said i should kill DD instead.... but WHAT THE HECK, i spot those DD 24/7 with 1 divebomber, why the heck nobody shooting it -_- . also they said burning enemy CV with dive bomber is useless -_- .... well, if enemy CV dont have emergency takeoff, it will punish enemy CV :V

in the end we win..... and crap, just crap

On 8/14/2017 at 3:42 PM, icy_phoenix said:

I even remember some names, so bad with CV that if you get them in your team, not even 70% wr fishing divs can save the day. 

i am curious if you meet Bob_[insert number] in CV. i remember legionnare in Bismarck and i am on opposing team as shokaku. ITS WEIRD WHY BOB let my dive bomber burn him and HIS FIGHTER IS NEARBY! legionnae told me Bob_[] is a bot CV. also its weird why its also try to snipe me BUT in OBVIOUS way.... sending from the mid of the map

On 8/14/2017 at 4:11 PM, ArchKongou said:

Just finish my game with cv.

Got instant 2 report for losing battle. Heck I got clear sky achievement for saving my allied from enemy's plane. 

Oh well, just another day, carry on.

"NOOB" :V

did you know who send the report? maybe enemy CV and 1 of your enemy surface ship report you :v

some times doing good can make you got reported TOO!

On 8/14/2017 at 10:22 AM, LordTyphoon said:

oh, you play CV AND ITS NICE! no matter how pro or potato you are, ITS ABSOLUTELY YOUR TEAM FAULT! why they dont play CV theirself if they are always expecting good CV in their team. well, as CV you may have biggest responsibility for SUPPORTING TEAM (of course not carry). people always mistaking CV for carry in the game, the fact CV is fleet power multiplier. CV can spot, destroy ship in an instant and protect team for airstrike or spotted. but you know..... 1 CV CANNT DESTROY 12 SHIP! why... because CV have LIMITED AMMO, LIMITED RESOURCE and LIMITED TIME!

so here my advice is somebody tell you "CV Noob", or someone rant in forum saying my team CV is "noob"

"play CV"

here some useless motivational meme pict

i actually playing warship because Nagato, because she is my Waifu :V

18813617_439143903132518_628629041630978

KEEP PLAY CV!

[i play Algerie because stupid ping DC DC DC]

Quote Updated
~Ephys

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,959 battles

If you don't have your planes flying over EVERY ship and supporting EVERY ship at the SAME time... you gonna be reported down for it.

The Karma system is massive levels of lol.

I did bad in CV... -1  ok...I know I deserved it.

Lost in my Lo Yang, did 3 kills, 100k dmg, capped 2 flags (the only person who did) we lost I came first with 1,300xp the next best is 650xp.... -2 reports 

Play Fletcher smoke a bismarck twice, saving his life, smoke a curryworst twice, 4 kills, cap 1 point, 12 planes shot down, 145k dmg, DEFEAT. -3 reports +1 compliment

Playing better gets me downvoted more. The trick is to be averagely bad, blend in with the baddies and that way you wont get +1 or -1

459 posts
8,272 battles

@LordTyphoon You're not a bad player in pretty much anything, I don't see anything in your stats to make me think you're bellow average at all. Ignore anyone stat shaming, they are just busy boosting their ego to compensate for lacking elsewhere. It's a game and we're not playing for sheep stations, the only thing good stats give you is bragging rights and truthfully no-one really likes a stat shamer/boaster no matter how good or bad their stats are.

people give CV players an unfairly hard time because they have unreasonable expectations about the skill you can have, and what is actually possible with a CV. Often they expect the impossible. Just do the best you can. If someone asks for help, do it if you can, but don't sweat it if they get butt-hurt when you don't. It's not the CVs job to babysit noobs.

I've found scenario mode isn't bad for practicing drops, not so good for practicing fighter counter-play though.

I don't play them much at all anymore, mostly because of how un-fun the average CV game is, even when you're doing well.

118 posts
1,833 battles

A little while back in ranked, I just took out my AS Independence  for a battle. I kept the enemy DD spotted and my team finished him off pretty quickly. Our DD, an Ernst Gaede was moving up to a cap point. The enemy CV( a strike ryujo) sent his 2 torpedo bomber squadrons there and  spotted our DD. He then tried to set up a cross drop on him. I used one of my fighter squads  to strafe down one torpedo bomber squad and had my other fighter squad directly engage the second torpedo bomber squad. I hoped that the panic effect would be enough to give our DD a chance to dodge. But he didn't even bother to turn. He hospitably sheltered two torps in his side and sank :fish_palm:.  Next, he was spamming in the chat, 'Report CV' and 'CV bot' etc. Needless to say ,our team won and I got a 'Clear Sky'.

Edited by Admiral_224

980 posts
12,617 battles

Thanks for the replies everyone. Except Sharkbait, sorry mate I have no idea how to decipher your wall of text. 

Im still learning, but tier 7 is such a brutal place with the Saipan. The Hiryu's strike planes are paper vs so much AA that I encounter, and cross torp drops are so challenging with how slow the TBs are. 

It just feels like a constant struggle to support the team (spotting ships and torpedoes) and strike at the same time. 

1 post
2,024 battles

Thanks guys. I too have received nothing short of death threats despite plying my best. I even got the comment in the first ten seconds ("Can tell NOOB C V"). How the hell can someone tell that in 10 secs. Then they were somehow pulling up all my games stats etc. I think if they were more focussed on playing than typing, and actually played as a team and offered advice rather than non-constructive criticism, the gaming would be better as a CV. I always try to ask the team what they want to have input to the team plan, but sometimes there is still no pleasing people. Reading that it is a general culture problem sort of helps me feel better, but it has deterred me in the past from wanting to play with CV's in random battles etc, but the question remains, HOW CAN A PERSON BECOME GOOD WITH EXPERIENTIAL GAME PLAY? Not all of us have the time to play 24/7, some of us actually have work to do, so our game play time is limited. Thanks for the support.

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles
4 minutes ago, Adam_Carney said:

Thanks guys. I too have received nothing short of death threats despite plying my best. I even got the comment in the first ten seconds ("Can tell NOOB C V"). How the hell can someone tell that in 10 secs. Then they were somehow pulling up all my games stats etc. I think if they were more focussed on playing than typing, and actually played as a team and offered advice rather than non-constructive criticism, the gaming would be better as a CV. I always try to ask the team what they want to have input to the team plan, but sometimes there is still no pleasing people. Reading that it is a general culture problem sort of helps me feel better, but it has deterred me in the past from wanting to play with CV's in random battles etc, but the question remains, HOW CAN A PERSON BECOME GOOD WITH EXPERIENTIAL GAME PLAY? Not all of us have the time to play 24/7, some of us actually have work to do, so our game play time is limited. Thanks for the support.

watching videos and practicing in PvE/training rooms always helps

1,105 posts
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

watching videos and practicing in PvE/training rooms always helps

watching videos is good, but playing PvE only to practice manual drop. if people want to learn CV, enable replay AND DOING RANDOM instead. the harsh the better....

better become noob CV rather than playing 24/7 co op and still noob when playing random

no good sailor come from calm sea!

162 posts
3,305 battles
13 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Thanks for the replies everyone. Except Sharkbait, sorry mate I have no idea how to decipher your wall of text. 

Im still learning, but tier 7 is such a brutal place with the Saipan. The Hiryu's strike planes are paper vs so much AA that I encounter, and cross torp drops are so challenging with how slow the TBs are. 

It just feels like a constant struggle to support the team (spotting ships and torpedoes) and strike at the same time. 

Welcome to t7 CV hell. Saipan dominates the ring here and tells other CVs to [Content Removed] off.

Btw it's safe to ignore about half of what Sharky here says

Profanity , Post Edited , User Warned 
~Ephys

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
6 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Once you get Shokaku, you will be in proper shakrbait territory. He will teach you how to kill minotaurs with shokaku. Wait for it.....

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles
Just now, icy_phoenix said:

Once you get Shokaku, you will be in proper shakrbait territory. He will teach you how to kill minotaurs with shokaku. Wait for it.....

i always want sharkbait in my match when im in my minotaur, and then i get BS like lilblue and saigami fishing teams on the other side, rip

1,105 posts
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

i always want sharkbait in my match when im in my minotaur, and then i get BS like lilblue and saigami fishing teams on the other side, rip

nope, you wont meet me in Shokaku.... the good news you can meet me in Taiho

1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

yeah i will teach him how F3

20770010_475581622822079_477803183339029

[no manual AA, LEL,minotaur must have manual AA]

1,001 posts
7,422 battles
On 8/14/2017 at 3:22 PM, LordTyphoon said:

Actually, how do you see if you are reported? I have never seen anyone report me and I have certainly given people reason to do that.

Anyway, I have carriers up to T6 and don't play them that often. I have not seen a report - or something in chat.

I have called CV driver noobs when they first start all their squadrons and they circle around above them while the enemy CV spots our entire team.

I have called CV drivers noobs when they were rushed by enemy ships, and obviously, they didn't look on the map, because they don't try to run.

I have also called CV drivers noobs when the *enemy* CV had a lot of positive impact on the game, and our CV makes no difference at all.

And when there is a high tier premium CV and the driver is obviously a CV noob, I ask questions like "was the Kaga / Enterprise on special and this is the first time you take yours for a spin?"

Besides, there are always some players who think the rest of the team is there to support them, but they are under no obligation to do anything for the team. I think DD or CV drivers often feel the heat if they don't support the team, when at the same time the team does nothing for them.

If those comments bother you, I guess you can alway stop playing them, or change how you play.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

I draw the line of "bad play" at T6. If I catch people feeding planes like they're botting or blobbing near their CV at T7+ its an instant report from me. Double for premium CVs.

372 posts
10,097 battles
44 minutes ago, stratmania said:

I draw the line of "bad play" at T6. If I catch people feeding planes like they're botting or blobbing near their CV at T7+ its an instant report from me. Double for premium CVs.

+ the camoless strike rangers and lexingtons

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

@LordTyphoon you need to update your current fleet! no CV in there!

Should also have taken a 'friend' with a cleveland/atlanta/<inset op AA ship here>.

We are there for you!

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles
2 hours ago, WongSongMing said:

+ the camoless strike rangers and lexingtons

does camo even make a diffrence? i know that they have very high detection range but it's quite unlikely that the enemy team will be shooting you from spawn if you know what you are doing...

534 posts

Hm.I got reported when I was in Hiryu and got my fighters strafed by saipant and couldn't protect my crews,not available to protect weak aa ships even when you can maybe the main reason to get reported