ManOfTheYear

An NA player visiting SEA server: some observations.

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

85 posts in this topic

Hey folks, thought I'd say hi.

I am from a different server and have come across to play with some friends from work on the Asia server for what was supposed to be some "fun". I think it's great that each server has their different play styles, and here are some I have noticed.

1. This server is obsessed with CV's. Oh my god I have never seen so many CV's in my life. I'm yet to see more than three or four on this server who knows what they are doing. That's as polite as I can be. Fighters? lol. Spot for team? What?

2. 1 DD per team. And if they decide to cap (lol, i know, how strange) they die in 30 seconds. Wow.

3. BB players on this server are...how can I be polite. They are the most passivest players, I guess. They demand you cap, but camp at the back of the map and sail away from anything that is red. Losing with the most HP gets you an extra heroic achievement here I guess?

4. "weekend warriors". We have this on our server believe me. At least there it ends on Sundays.

5. Nobody uses chat.

6. Everybody goes to D on North and A on Neighbors (lol what!)

7. Yamato players only have an S key.

8. SEA server has a much better cruiser meta than NA. NA will have 8 BB's per side, whereas cruisers are everywhere on Asia and people play them very well.

Man.

Edited by ManOfTheYear

15 hours ago, ManOfTheYear said:

I am from a different server and have come across to play with some friends from work on the Asia server for what was supposed to be some "fun". I think it's great that each server has their different play styles, and here are some I have noticed.

1. This server is obsessed with CV's. Oh my god I have never seen so many CV's in my life. I'm yet to see one on this server who knows what they are doing. That's as polite as I can be. Fighters? lol. Spot for team? What?

2. 1 DD per team. And if they decide to cap (lol, i know, how strange) they die in 30 seconds. Wow.

3. BB players on this server are...how can I be polite. They are the most passivest (edited), I guess. They demand you cap, but camp at the back of the map and sail away from anything that is red. Losing with the most HP gets you an extra heroic achievement here I guess?

4. "weekend warriors". We have this on our server believe me. At least there it ends on Sundays.

5. Nobody uses chat.

8. SEA server has a much better cruiser meta than NA. NA will have 8 BB's per side, whereas cruisers are everywhere on Asia and people play them very well.

Man.

You might want to change the one that I underlined if you don't want to get raided by mods

Posted edited

~lengxv6

1. This server is obsessed with CV's. Oh my god I have never seen so many CV's in my life. I'm yet to see one on this server who knows what they are doing. That's as polite as I can be. Fighters? lol. Spot for team? What?

3. BB players on this server are...how can I be polite. They are the most passivest (edited), I guess. They demand you cap, but camp at the back of the map and sail away from anything that is red. Losing with the most HP gets you an extra heroic achievement here I guess?

5. Nobody uses chat.

Man.

Dont say the word can something man , you will get banned.

Cv dont know what they are doing ? Wrong, try tier 8+ and you will know how intense an air war can be

Nobody use chat is because we have 12+ languages in one server.NA has like 2 or 3.

We have a passive meta since IJN dd flood this place, you dont want to get focus on. Forget broadside meta on NA too, players here jump at any mistake you make in an attack. Our server famous tactic is backhand blow, keep it in mind.

BB is the prime target here for dpm farmer as well as fishing division , they are like a scared small animal

Post edited

~lengxv6

2 minutes ago, rouge42 said:

You might want to change the one that I underlined if you don't want to get raided by mods

Thanks, changed it. I didnt realise that was a no-no here.

Now that youve quoted me its a bot of a moot point though. 

I am normally on this server (Aussie) but jumped across to NA (IGN: _BIQ_) and have noticed the same thing. Overall the play on NA is way way way more fun but seems to have less 'skill' overall. That is to say the 'average' player on NA is more common and so it is easier to do well, I suspect that's because the player population on SEA is so small that you have a higher concentration of players. The games are (generally) much quicker with less camping involved. The lack of communication is really annoying on this server as well. If I had my time again I would have started on NA, as it is I am putting in more effort on NA than this server now and the only thing keeping me playing here at all is my clan. Welcome to Asia!

2 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Dont say the word can something man , you will get banned.

Cv dont know what they are doing ? Wrong, try tier 8+ and you will know how intense an air war can be

Nobody use chat is because we have 12+ languages in one server.NA has like 2 or 3.

We have a passive meta since IJN dd flood this place, you dont want to get focus on. Forget broadside meta on NA too, players here jump at any mistake you make in an attack. Our server famous tactic is backhand blow, keep it in mind.

BB is the prime target here for dpm farmer as well as fishing division , they are like a scared small animal

I played quite a few t10 games. I have a t8 and all i see is tier 10s - this much is the same on our server, sadly.

High tier cv players are the worst. They have no excuse to be bad. They might have a great battle with each other but when they are both potatoes does anyone really win? Tonight a shokaku lost all his planes to a strike lexington. And couldnt understand he could still use his fighters to spot for the team. Sadly this is representative of my experience. 

3. BB players on this server are...how can I be polite. They are the most passivest (edited) I guess. They demand you cap, but camp at the back of the

Change IT FAST the word that disasea... i am got banned 2x for saying it...

and here some of my thought :

1. everyone want to play CV because its ability to destroy the game

2. DD are not rare, sometimes it become 5vs5 DD in each team... for lower tier, yes its a bit too weak..... coz Belfast and Lolanta everwhere

3. BB snipe from max range is a bad meta... but yolo in the front is so hard, you will sink first

6. lel, go to mid and you ded

8. people play CA more because there is too much CV like you said. non AA BB will suffer  because CV mostly target BB for statpad.

also, CV in this server BRING MORE SALT. just look at discussion turned into CV crusader thread. also look at the rant thead, mostly complain about noob CV destroying its own team....

They have no excuse to be bad. They might have a great battle with each other but when they are both potatoes does anyone really win? Tonight a shokaku lost all his planes to a strike lexington. And couldnt understand he could still use his fighters to spot for the team. Sadly this is representative of my experience. 

also here my advice if you play division with friend and dont want CV ruined your day:

"PLAY CV"

Posted edited, Sharkbait given bad MM for a year for crossing it out.

~lengxv6

1 minute ago, ManOfTheYear said:

I played quite a few t10 games. I have a t8 and all i see is tier 10s - this much is the same on our server, sadly.

High tier cv players are the worst. They have no excuse to be bad. They might have a great battle with each other but when they are both potatoes does anyone really win? Tonight a shokaku lost all his planes to a strike lexington. And couldnt understand he could still use his fighters to spot for the team. Sadly this is representative of my experience. 

Ah right , you should have seen fishing division in cv battle 8 to 10 right? CV fights here are dictated by who got the better AA mates since these guys will camp caps and deny you any chance of doing the right thing.

Most of the time FT here is a point defence system on steroid give or take, they dont actively seek n fight only for counter and reactive. Many are used to protect strikes as scouting is likely a suicidal attempt.

Also , asia is dominated by feints and counters. The shock and awe mindset is heavily countered

Just now, legionary2099 said:

Also , asia is dominated by feints and counters. The shock and awe mindset is heavily countered

What do you mean by this? I am intrigued.

Just now, ManOfTheYear said:

tactics that is effective in NA wont work here

14 minutes ago, ManOfTheYear said:

NA in general try to bring maximum firepower possible to bear with maximum concentration. Play very agressive to outgun and out kill enemy team. You kill them before they can harm you. Armour and firepower are valued more , every other role become support element to attempt the breach. Battle line is clearly defined and ship hold their post more rigorously.

In Asia it is the reverse , players kite and break contact to break enemy team into small pieces to chew them up , refusing to manfight. Set pitch battles are rarer as flanking and harrass attempt keep coming from both side. In this case , conceal , speed and supportive roles become lead elements, firepower and armor become supportive.

Edited by legionary2099

14 minutes ago, ManOfTheYear said:

its baiting opponent to fall in the trap... like :

1. sending 1 empty divebomber to enemy CV

2. enemy CV chase empty divebomber with 2 fighter (of course it wont be chased)

3. FREE BOMBING to any SHIP! HUAHAHAHA (since no air cover from enemy CV)

also there is sooo much lame tactic in CV, LOL

4 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

In Asia it is the reverse , players kite and break contact to break enemy team into small pieces to chew them up , refusing to manfight. Set pitch battles are rarer as flanking and harrass attempt keep coming from both side. In this case , conceal , speed and supportive roles become lead elements, firepower and armor become supportive.

so true.... DD are the real carry if there is no CV... or CV is the real carry....

so much stealth DD launching ninja torp, making me use RDF on Algerie or play CV instead :V

Edited by Skarhabek

20 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

NA in general try to bring maximum firepower possible to bear with maximum concentration. Play very agressive to outgun and out kill enemy team. You kill them before they can harm you. Armour and firepower are valued more , every other role become support element to attempt the breach. Battle line is clearly defined and ship hold their post more rigorously.

for me that's actually  GOOD thing, the thing is on asia, everyone is like a shark drawn to the scent of blood, if your HP is for some reason noticeably lower then others, you will get your ass focused off, i specialized in banzai tatics with high DMP ships(but only in CAs), find the enemy's weak point(flank.unprotect sheeps, DDs with no cover ect.) and i blitz it, take out the most dangerous ships on the enemy team and let the rest of my team handle the rest. the great thing is that still a lot of people dont know how to use WASD effectively in CQCing and so i often just gobble up whicever poor bastard chose to come manfight me:cap_like:

8 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

for me that's actually  GOOD thing, the thing is on asia, everyone is like a shark drawn to the scent of blood, if your HP is for some reason noticeably lower then others, you will get your ass focused off, i specialized in banzai tatics with high DMP ships(but only in CAs), find the enemy's weak point(flank.unprotect sheeps, DDs with no cover ect.) and i blitz it, take out the most dangerous ships on the enemy team and let the rest of my team handle the rest. the great thing is that still a lot of people dont know how to use WASD effectively in CQCing and so i often just gobble up whicever poor bastard chose to come manfight me:cap_like:

Honorable samurai ! Kote henka banzai !!

Sorry captain , we hereby put you under custody for commiting the crime of not following order , you will be court martialed

17 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

so i often just gobble up whicever poor bastard chose to come manfight me:cap_like:

if you are on Minotaur with AA build (i heard u use radar instead), say hello to my Taiho :cap_look:

20 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

everyone is like a shark drawn to the scent of blood, if your HP is for some reason noticeably lower then others, you will get your ass focused off, i specialized in banzai tatics with high DMP 

did you mean using machine gun Minotaur? i heard Des Meme or Moskva can counter Minotaur in close combat..... dunno if this is true or not. just need some confirmation. they also said French CA (Henry4) is the most crap cruiser with high damage but low impact carry. 

well, they said CA in T10 is more stronger carry ability than BB. just wondering :V

2 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

if you are on Minotaur with AA build (i heard u use radar instead), say hello to my Taiho :cap_look:

say hi to your taiho? gladly

598f03b718faf_shot-17_07.08_10_22.08-0424(1).thumb.jpg.6fe2e3c5f8d08952dce06390f391d914.jpg

anyways, with the mino/DM thing it's 50/50 who would win in a 1v1 gun fight, it's like a game of chicken, whichever one pussys out first will eat a broadside of AP/ salvo of torps

(moskov in a 1v1 against either DM or mino will end up with DM and mino with a +1 on it's kill tally

Edited by drakon233

1 minute ago, drakon233 said:

say hi to your taiho? gladly

598f03b718faf_shot-17_07.08_10_22.08-0424(1).thumb.jpg.6fe2e3c5f8d08952dce06390f391d914.jpg

You sure love your firework man, on the other hand , you seem to be a firework deto magnet too

First off OP, welcome to Asia! I remember reading your thread on the NA forums.

Enjoy your stay in Asia (or not). :Smile-_tongue:

1 hour ago, ManOfTheYear said:

1. This server is obsessed with CV's. Oh my god I have never seen so many CV's in my life. I'm yet to see more than three or four on this server who knows what they are doing. That's as polite as I can be. Fighters? lol. Spot for team? What?

3. BB players on this server are...how can I be polite. They are the most passivest players, I guess. They demand you cap, but camp at the back of the map and sail away from anything that is red. Losing with the most HP gets you an extra heroic achievement here I guess?

5. Nobody uses chat.

Man.

1) Yes we have more CV players in Asia compared to other servers, especially at the high tiers. High tier CVs are endangered in Asia, in others servers they are extinct. Fighters are used to defend enemy strikes first and foremost. I play CVs and I will spot if I have squadrons to spare, otherwise spotting is secondary, especially since I cannot guarantee that my team will actually shoot the targets I am spotting. And with how lethal high tier AA is, even spotting risks losing planes to invisi-AA fire from Minotaurs and Des Moines.

2) MM RNG probably. I have plenty of games where there were 4-5 DDs on each team.

3) From what I see this problem isn't exclusive to the Asian server, but we do have a more cautious meta compared to other servers due to a multitude of reasons.

4) No comment. Maybe it is the time I usually play but I don't really see a big difference between weekend and weekday gameplay. Anecdotal evidence, but some of the biggest steamrolls and blowouts I have seen have occurred on the weekday primetime as well, so even those times are not immune.

5) Well there are about a dozen languages and dialects in Asia after all. It doesn't help that about half of those appear as boxes in the chat to non-speakers. You can try typing in chat, but don't see be surprised if the team doesn't even understood what you wrote. Using the quick commands should suffice for the most part.

6) Maybe it is just the people you play with. But I frequently encountered the opposite. Nobody goes to those caps (even the enemy), so what we have is essentially a free cap just waiting for a spare ship to take.

7) Yeah I find that most Yamato players tend to camp at spawn a bit too much.

8) High tier cruiser players in Asia seem to have their WASD hax engaged all the time. I see people like Notser and iChase dev-striking straight-lining high tier cruisers all the time, and wonder why we don't get those kind of cruiser players in Asia.

the moment i see 94 AA rating minotaur on MM......

EZ, just spam F3 :V

btw, i am only fear ship with Manual AA or DD with AADF...... other ship is like.....

20770010_475581622822079_477803183339029

thanks a lot Cape_Engano! thanks for smoke!

20728151_475581742822067_401813809287965

btw, its SO EPIC..... Minotaur almost killed me.... thanks to F3 its saved me a lot. also thanks for shimakaze to smoke me....

i can upload replay if anyone ask :V

back to topic :

10 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

First off OP, welcome to Asia! I remember reading your thread on the NA forums.

Enjoy your stay in Asia (or not). :Smile-_tongue:

1) Yes we have more CV players in Asia compared to other servers, especially at the high tiers. High tier CVs are endangered in Asia, in others servers they are extinct. Fighters are used to defend enemy strikes first and foremost. I play CVs and I will spot if I have squadrons to spare, otherwise spotting is secondary, especially since I cannot guarantee that my team will actually shoot the targets I am spotting. And with how lethal high tier AA is, even spotting risks losing planes to invisi-AA fire from Minotaurs and Des Moines.

8) High tier cruiser players in Asia seem to have their WASD hax engaged all the time. I see people like Notser and iChase dev-striking straight-lining high tier cruisers all the time, and wonder why we don't get those kind of cruiser players in Asia.

1. Des Meme is FAAAAR better than pesky Minotaur or USN DD with AADF.....stupid smoke should get AA nerf by 90%

for spotting i am use empty divebomber for spotting DD, if they are shotdown nobody cares :V

8. you already have one here :V

also you forget to mention high tier CA in Asia is good at hiding and invisfiring behind island. BB become afraid of CA because its like

"HEEEY WHO IS SHOOTING ME? crap no one spot, i am going to camp instead"

Edited by Skarhabek

1 hour ago, ManOfTheYear said:

And if they decide to cap (lol, i know, how strange) they die in 30 seconds. Wow.

I can relate to this, and backed up by a quote on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/6p7nt5/ranked_season_7_in_numbers/

webba84

Asia meta involves a lot of BBs shooting at DDs from 10km plus, so the concealment is much more useful than the extra torps for helping your team get the drop on the enemy DDs.

Once you're the last DD left, then it doesn't matter if you only have 6, you can stealth torp for the rest of the match happily.

BB players in this server are quite keen on shooting DDs from distance. In addition to dodging cruiser shells, you will need to dodge Montana salvos shot from 12km+ as well, and the regular pens from those BBs are very very nasty.

First and foremost, welcome to the Asia server! The seas are warm and salt is plentiful and I do (most sincerely) hope you'll enjoy the meta here :Smile_honoring:

Now, on to the observations:

1. CV can heavily influence games here on the asia server. Low tiers not so much, but once you get to mid tier if a good enemy CV doesn't make your team lose you will at least have a very bad time.

2. That's normal, though for me I rarely get 1 per team. Usually it's between 2 to 4 per team, the lack of DDs might be because of the yamamoto campaign. IJN DDs are hard to play at higher tiers because of cruiser meta, and well, the top 7 most played DDs on this server are all IJN, although it should be noted that there are players and ships that have the potential to dominate the game (both IJN and not) if played properly.

3. Greater influence on the less skilled playerbase by DDs. Which could also be why BBs tend not to play aggressive when there are DDs you have not spotted yet (stealth torp and no gun torp only is still a thing here). The general consensus in regard to BB playstyle on Asia also seems to be more centered on picking out targets one by one at range than NA's focus on firepower and group effort. Still, it works if the BBs know what they are doing.

4. Gotta get that tier VII/VIII/IX before I reach tier V man. I have friends who bought their way up, and judging by their win rates it's not pretty. Money is still money though, and what's gonna stop a little capitalism?

5. [][][][][][][][][][][][][]

6. Haven't noticed, will remember to take note next time I play.

7. Lessen damage taken, from what I have heard, is the reason they do that. Dunno if it is actually effective, I just spam HE at higher tiers so they are just free damage to me.

8. The cruisers here are very scary. If you make a mistake in a DD or cruiser, the enemies won't hesitate to plunge a salvo of AP into your broadside or delete half your health at one go. You will usually find a cruiser in the top three XP earners in the team (though I'm inclined the believe that "cruisers are everywhere" is just because of the campaign, usually there are still a fair number of them, just not like in recent days where there are up to 8 per team).

Stay safe, stay sane, stay afloat and I look forward to battling you on the high seas!

2 hours ago, ManOfTheYear said:

5. Nobody uses chat.

Man.

Hello! Nice to see you here.

1. I've got a friend who plays on NA and he is amazed that I have any cv in the fight at all, especially high tier.  What can I say, we like to torp drop you.

2. MM is really moody over here.  You can go from 1 dd in the match only to next round, 10 or 12 dd in the match.  Really frustrating.  Oh, the quick death in 30 seconds.  I play dd every once in a while and just got up to T6 in USN.  I have priority target.  When ever I get spotted, it is never less than 3 or 4 ships targeting me at a time.  We've learned to kill DDs quick in the game.

3. Hate those guys too, but the CA and CL force you back in this game.  They target you first, (big, easy to hit at long range) and dodge your shots easily.  BBs here, need to use cover like islands to move forward, much like CA play.

4. Don't really play on weekends, so don't know.

5. We do use it.  Quick commands only usually. Cause 12 major languages that I know of.  Maybe more?

6. Lemming Trains, it happens sometimes, but sometimes it's cause of team plan to do a major push in one area.  If you try to do NA tactics, you get hammered over here.  At least in random.

7. Don't really know this yet, really just got into T8 so Yamatos are still rare for me.

8. No kidding. I see Flamu and IChase and go, where are those guys they shoot?  I don't see them after low-mid tiers.  I think it's because CA and CL get focused by BB really early every match to kill the fire spam and help keep dd alive.  It's what I do.  If I don't see dd, I shoot CA/CL first to help keep my dd alive longer.  I can tank BB shells easy enough. 

Enjoy your stay on Asia!

Point 2: 80% of DD players on Asia have no idea how to approach a cap and how to survive past the 15.00 mark. Radar is extremely effective here.

Point 6: Asian players suck when it comes to strategies and movement compared to other servers in every popular online game I've ever played so far (League of Legends, DotA 2 and now this). Today I had a game where 9/12 players on my team went to A cap on Okinawa within the first 5 mins. There is no need to mention the result I guess.

Point 8: Probably one of the rare things that I'm proud of this server. At least our cruiser players know to turn away after being citadel'd instead of keeping sailing in a straight line like on NA.