Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

shimakaze long lance

11 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

it's been a week now that I revert my shimakaze to use her original long lance ; type 93 with 20 km range...

well, I been play shimakaze with all type of torpedo, either F3, type 93 mod 3

hell I even try go frenzy mode F3 + TA

however... a match with result of 0 hit on torpedo is still normal.

there's a few thing that I observed...

1. many BB at high-tier stay more than 12 - 15 km away from front line (camp) so... out of range...

2. any aggressive BB that push up, often have friendly DD, CA help screen out incoming torpedo for them, and these BB much more vigilance ; even 12km one is hardly hit anything

then I decide to try for the old, heavily nerf torpedo 20km one

bypass the front line and go straight to back line

I don't expect anything form them, with 2.5 km detection range. it's like having hydro with it all the time

it's not suppose to hit anything... it only good at deterred enemy movement. stall them so my team can get into position faster

yet ... why i score a hit in these torp much more than those F3 or  type 93 mod.3 one ????

all result below are from long lance 20km,

Spoiler

shot-17_08.09_02_29.54-0592.thumb.jpg.1ffc0f1333aceb5b401211488b8646e0.jpg

shot-17_08.10_02_37.11-0450.thumb.jpg.ef05a6a19d18f11cfc3a63b904ecda4f.jpg

shot-17_08.11_03_03.18-0176.thumb.jpg.97afcb457ec061f166184f69e89d7247.jpg

shot-17_08.12_03_42.28-0182.thumb.jpg.ddfafd98e523d577f360ebc4499e9ccc.jpg

shot-17_07.24_15_10.13-0582.thumb.jpg.46a233c4b3d441fb4520dc90889ff9e9.jpg

shot-17_08.12_04_04.03-0016.thumb.jpg.797557638ce218ded6e78f58b70bd543.jpg

obviously, there's a match that I couldn't score a single hit too, but it the same as before so I over it.

when I'm risking get into either 12 or 8 km range and can't score a hit is frustrated.

when I'm using 20 km one and not score a hit ... it's feel 'normal' since that's how it should be.

if there's CV slip through?

I'll smile.... let just enjoy the view... I won't be score a thing in match with CV anyway... la la la la~~~~

Edited by PGM991

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Well you know, there will always be people who will eat torps spotted 8km away from them by friendly dds. I still think those torps are useless. While in your mind you think you are aiming for passive enemies, you yourself are becoming passive. Not a good sign for a DD if that is the case.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

There is the reason why it is called Noob filter

as players who sail obliviously in straight lines and eat full spreads of torpedoes are usually noobs.

1,105 posts
2 hours ago, PGM991 said:

if there's CV slip through?

I'll smile.... let just enjoy the view... I won't be score a thing in match with CV anyway... la la la la~~~~

LOL, i panicked in shokaku when i hear...."TORPEDO ON STARBOARD"

"oh crap DD is NEAR!!" or i thought i just got CV snipe by enemy TB...... but its weird that the spread is so wide.... and its almost hitting me......

ITS LONG LANCE TORPEDO!!!

here is my opinion, if a DD spotted nearby... the BB captain or CA will become MORE vigilance since it know there must be torpedo fired.

but if some BB camping far behind cap or DD not spotted in there.... ah i am going to relax.... (the 0 speed  or reverse camp)

1,126 posts
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Well you know, there will always be people who will eat torps spotted 8km away from them by friendly dds. I still think those torps are useless. While in your mind you think you are aiming for passive enemies, you yourself are becoming passive. Not a good sign for a DD if that is the case.

I don't think I'm become passive though.

as you can see from those ribbon, I tend to play objective (if spotting/smoke for team have ribbon, i probably got it too)

I just don't go contest cap like crazy anymore... shimakaze not design for that.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
1 hour ago, Safiuddin97 said:

This is why the worst torp will be nerfed again...... To say u flank them. U capped points. To say that u are passive. i dont think so

Capping doesn't necessarily mean non-passive gameplay. It only takes a minute to cap. The game is 20 minutes long.

64 posts
3,175 battles

It's more or less complacency of the players sitting out at range, thinking that they're safely far enough away or not thinking at all.

This occurs for BB's too, you can fairly reliably score clutch cits early game by dropping a cross-map volley on cruisers that think they're going to setup behind islands or in smoke.

Still F3 is my preference (on the Yuugumo). I find the ability to reliably court a target and hit it is rather important if you want to control your success.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles
6 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Capping doesn't necessarily mean non-passive gameplay. It only takes a minute to cap. The game is 20 minutes long.

So how do you define he is passive? 

The one that drives to the edge of the map isnt consider passive?

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
1 hour ago, Safiuddin97 said:

So how do you define he is passive? 

The one that drives to the edge of the map isnt consider passive?

Oh, FYI, I did not say he IS passive, that's your wrong interpretation. So, I'm not gonna bother about that. What I meant was, if a player depends on long range ammunition, she will eventually start playing passively. It is same for main gun, same for torpedoes. Hope it is clear to you now.

And to emphasize on the point more, using an ammunition to damage enemy ships who are far back - aka, not immediate threat - is not a good contribution for win as well. Otherwise we all would praise the DDs who chase BBs and CVs in the map border cause they are doing damage. Now I'm not saying he should not do it, cause to each to his own, I'm saying it's not a good choice in my opinion.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles
54 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Oh, FYI, I did not say he IS passive, that's your wrong interpretation. So, I'm not gonna bother about that. What I meant was, if a player depends on long range ammunition, she will eventually start playing passively. It is same for main gun, same for torpedoes. Hope it is clear to you now.

And to emphasize on the point more, using an ammunition to damage enemy ships who are far back - aka, not immediate threat - is not a good contribution for win as well. Otherwise we all would praise the DDs who chase BBs and CVs in the map border cause they are doing damage. Now I'm not saying he should not do it, cause to each to his own, I'm saying it's not a good choice in my opinion.

ahh since OP mentioned he that he is trying to clarify things too.. 

Yes long lance are passive. but you know Shimakaze arent supposed to fight any other DDs except for self defense?

Sign in to follow this