You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
THUNDERCOMMANDER4

yamamoto campaign very narrow fielded

40 comments in this topic

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

i was looking at the campaign and a lot of the mission are for only one class of  ship and there arnt many mission that are open to all or some ship types which i find a bit unfair like missin bulk 3 has half the missions for cv number 4 mainly battle ships and number 2 is for cruisers can war gaming please look at the missions again and open it up to more ship types please 

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,576 battles
1 hour ago, THUNDERCOMMANDER4 said:

i was looking at the campaign and a lot of the mission are for only one class of  ship and there arnt many mission that are open to all or some ship types which i find a bit unfair like missin bulk 3 has half the missions for cv number 4 mainly battle ships and number 2 is for cruisers can war gaming please look at the missions again and open it up to more ship types please 

the yamatomoto captain wasnt intended for everyone

162 posts
3,329 battles

Small tip-The missions are repeatable to get the stars

You just miss out on the rewards from doing the other missions but hey the campaign is permanent. When you get the required ship and tier, come back and do em.

That being said I'm seeing a lot of players in cruisers ever since the campaign went live

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,280 battles
9 hours ago, fighter9374 said:

Small tip-The missions are repeatable to get the stars

You just miss out on the rewards from doing the other missions but hey the campaign is permanent. When you get the required ship and tier, come back and do em.

That being said I'm seeing a lot of players in cruisers ever since the campaign went live

Easy FDG farming

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles
15 hours ago, THUNDERCOMMANDER4 said:

I completed UK prep BB missions in under 20 hours and I finished the first leg of Yamamotos Campaign already in like under 40 hours.

It's not that hard, really. And this campaign is permanent, not limited time so no need to rush or anything.

[BMRSF]
12 posts
7,325 battles
On 8/11/2017 at 8:51 PM, THUNDERCOMMANDER4 said:

Yamamoto Isoroku Campaign takes lot of time and ship types , to be compared the Honorable Service are quite easy 

162 posts
3,329 battles

I wonder if they(WG)'ll restrict these special captains to a certain tier and above. New players aren't gonna like the prospect of going up against them

[151ST]
1,017 posts
4,530 battles
On 11/08/2017 at 11:54 PM, drakon233 said:

the yamatomoto captain wasnt intended for everyone

Yeah I have a massive issue with that.

I know it's a perma campaign n stuff but Yamamoto really feels like a Captain for unicums, given how hard he is to unlock and his perks :-/

Beta Tester
60 posts

The second part is hardest

played over 3000 games I never get a clear sky

and i don't play CV so I can only get 8 stars in part II. GG for me lol

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,576 battles
5 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Yeah I have a massive issue with that.

I know it's a perma campaign n stuff but Yamamoto really feels like a Captain for unicums, given how hard he is to unlock and his perks :-/

not really, the yamamoto captain is more for people who invest in the game(time and effort) and it's a target for less experienced players to work to

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

How is it hard?

In less than 2 days I finished the first stage of Yamamoto's campaign. I now have to wait 12 days before I can attempt stage 2. The Honorable Campaign was harder and took longer for crying out loud.

And someone mentions clear sky, thats nice, I think I got that once in beta and never again. You don't HAVE to do the clear sky one, you could do money/xp ones that you will always be rewarded for simply by playing. You can re-do them for more stars to unlock the final mission.

It is not hard at all. Do the people complaining actually have a Shinonome? Did you get that in a single weekend?

Super Tester
7,585 posts
8,005 battles
2 hours ago, Pocket_Fox said:

It is not hard at all. Do the people complaining actually have a Shinonome? Did you get that in a single weekend?

In fact, it nearly took me 5 months to get Shinonome. I love when people react like they must get everything in 1 match.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,063 battles

Well Thunder consider all the different classes you need to play something of a goal to work towards as with all 4 classes you need to perform well in them, I personally have been playing a lot of CA/CL's in the past few days after i had been doing a lot of BB/DD games & I can feel in my gameplay that i have really lifted a gear in them.

162 posts
3,329 battles
15 hours ago, Shan2406 said:

Clear Sky is almost impossible without playing as CV, given the amount of planes you need to shoot down

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,265 battles
15 hours ago, Shan2406 said:

Just repeat one of the other tasks for more stars. How do people still not know you can do this?

162 posts
3,329 battles
1 hour ago, Webba84 said:

Just repeat one of the other tasks for more stars. How do people still not know you can do this?

To be fair it's not obvious. You need to read the fine print to see it

Super Tester
7,585 posts
8,005 battles
6 hours ago, fighter9374 said:

To be fair it's not obvious. You need to read the fine print to see it

How hard would it be to try and add a completed task again, like for say, completely out of curiosity?