vonblunder

Team Killer status in Coop

19 comments in this topic

2 posts
455 battles

Sooo, I thought I'd give World of Warship another go

In a coop battle, a stupid bot managed to turn into one of my torpedoes, and now I am flagged as a team killer.

And I am back to playing other games...

Not a Guide.Moved.

~dead_man_walking

1,487 posts

The ships sailing with you are not bots, they are live players like yourself....

The bots are the enemies, they have a red icon over them.

They start at the opposite side of the map.

It'll take about 5 games or so to remove the team killing status.

Ordrazz

2 posts
455 battles

I was the only human player in my team, the others were bots (names with :XXX:)

and Ralph, yeah that's very insightful, thanks for your trolling, please move on. When a bot decides to do something really stupid and turn into my torp at 5 kms there is not a lot I own at that point. Seems like they are programmed to avoid enemy torps but not friendly ones.

So just to  make it clear I am reporting 2 flaws in the game here which push me away from it:

- bots not avoiding friendly torp and actually turning to meet their path

- TK status as a results of poor bot programming

Ralph, I don't need another troll reply form you please abstain/

Edited by vonblunder

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

I wouldn't worry about being pink too much.

It happens to everyone.  The pink will disappear after a few matches.

And if it was a bot, at least you know there's not a certain player out there that hates you.

1,487 posts

Hmmm...

I'm not sure if it is possible to be the only human player in co op, unless there are only 2 ships (1 enemy)

I could be wrong, but in nearly 6000 games, I have not encountered it personally

Bots as far as I know, only uses names of admirals, ie. Jellicoe, Beatty, hipper, scheer,  etc.... 

So any ship in co op not using a famous admiral name would be human, ie. Mr XXX, DopeyDuck, Ordrazz,  weebles, _98076876, #$&%player & so on...

Have you got a screenshot?

Anyway, as AntifoulAwl says, pink TK status is not permenant, keep plying & don't bump into allied ships & it will dissapear,  just look around your ship, & at the minimap before you launch torpedoes, your icon is the white arrow, & you should be fine....

There are also some great tips & tutorials to look for on this forum, also on YouTube there are videos to watch to learn things, different ships etc, feel free to poke around...

Ask questions, we can all help, usually someone around would be able to know an answer, or help find one...

Cheers,

Ordrazz

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,122 battles

Certainly not trolling and yes I understand it's a problem with the bots, but unfortunately no matter what they do you ultimately still suffer from their stupidity, hence my comment about owning what you send out.  You have to anticipate what may happen.  

Just check your post game results to tell you how many games you have left and try to not bump anyone during those games.  Should only be about 10 games.

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

@vonblunder No bot can hit torps that he cant get to in time. Any that he can get to in time have to be ones that you ave taken the calculated risk for and accept the consequences.  

@ordrazz yes you can be the only human in co-op.

Edited by keskparane

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
3 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Hmmm...

I'm not sure if it is possible to be the only human player in co op, unless there are only 2 ships (1 enemy)

I could be wrong, but in nearly 6000 games, I have not encountered it personally

Bots as far as I know, only uses names of admirals, ie. Jellicoe, Beatty, hipper, scheer,  etc.... 

So any ship in co op not using a famous admiral name would be human, ie. Mr XXX, DopeyDuck, Ordrazz,  weebles, _98076876, #$&%player & so on...

Have you got a screenshot?

Get on late at night,espcially high tier,and you can end up as the only human with the rest of the team as bots.I play a lot on the NA server and since its way off their peak time there is usually anything from 1 to 7 bots on the friendly team.

You can also try it on ASIA with a high tier ship,that can usually end up with at least one friendly bot.I have been playing a lot of T7 games lately in PvE and quite often seeing bots.

Edited by BanditSE1977

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
23 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

Ahhhh OK

Thanks, I didn't know that.... I rarely go co op...

No probs! 

Bit of info though if you try it out:quite often if you are the only player in a BB,the MM likes to put 6 or 7 dds per side in..lots of fun!

1,487 posts
1 hour ago, BanditSE1977 said:

No probs! 

Bit of info though if you try it out:quite often if you are the only player in a BB,the MM likes to put 6 or 7 dds per side in..lots of fun!

Lol OK.

I only have 4 dds myself, I've only bought 1 as a gimmick, the others must've come from missions as they just appeared & 1 from a super container, I took 1 into co op, & the enemy bot dds swarmed me like bees... I couldn't practice using it as I was insta deleted....maybe I had a red flag on or something lmao.... Doesn't matter really as I'm mainly a BB/cruiser player....I love to plan my battles.

Cheers

Ordrazz

[LBAS]
4,471 posts
25,644 battles
22 hours ago, vonblunder said:

In a coop battle, a stupid bot managed to turn into one of my torpedoes, and now I am flagged as a team killer.

21 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

I wouldn't worry about being pink too much.

It happens to everyone.  The pink will disappear after a few matches.

And if it was a bot, at least you know there's not a certain player out there that hates you.

Lavie en rose, no problems if bots get in my way, let them die :Smile_trollface:

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
On 11/08/2017 at 3:35 PM, Ordrazz said:

Lol OK.

I only have 4 dds myself, I've only bought 1 as a gimmick, the others must've come from missions as they just appeared & 1 from a super container, I took 1 into co op, & the enemy bot dds swarmed me like bees... I couldn't practice using it as I was insta deleted....maybe I had a red flag on or something lmao.... Doesn't matter really as I'm mainly a BB/cruiser player....I love to plan my battles.

Cheers

Ordrazz

Their have been a few ships you can win by missions,so you would have gotten them that way.The latest 2 DD for the Operations gotten taken away last patch though as they were just for that mission.

Also bots always target the DD first.So if you are in PvE always try and stay in concealment.I see so many players rush in DD and get wiped straight away!

203 posts
11,788 battles

Bot or not it doesn't mean you have every right to launch your weapon wherever you want.
In real life situation there's a reason why there's all kinds of rules and discipline around to make sure one doesn't do such careless things.
In a video game atleast the consequence is not that bad because ....duh its a video game you get to say sorry or laugh about it since nobody actually die.
Don't use this as your reason to complain about the intelligence of bot or people that run into such unfortunate event.
Instead you should start with "what kind of situation I should avoid using my weapon" or I should say "Trigger Discipline" in short.

You should apply that to video game as well there's nothing "friendly" about friendly fire. Learn from it.

People/bot do stupid things doesn't mean you have the right to end their existance just because they happens to "stupidly" run into your weapons.

Your weapons your responsible.