Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fighter9374

RDF & USN cruisers

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
162 posts
3,301 battles

So I got a RDF captain in my Cleveland, and I'm still trying to get used to it. Any advice and tips on using it? I'm trying to use it to sniff out sneaky little dds prowling near me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,332 posts
8,817 battles

It's somewhat useful for ships like Clevelands and Atlantas if you are going to be playing them as DD hunters. Use RDF to pinpoint the enemy DD's position, then abuse islands to get close to where you can ambush them. Just make sure you have hard cover nearby to avoid the inevitable hail of shells that is going to be fired your way.

Otherwise Drakon is right, there are better skills for cruisers, especially if it is the first 4-point skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
162 posts
3,301 battles
5 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

It's somewhat useful for ships like Clevelands and Atlantas if you are going to be playing them as DD hunters. Use RDF to pinpoint the enemy DD's position, then abuse islands to get close to where you can ambush them. Just make sure you have hard cover nearby to avoid the inevitable hail of shells that is going to be fired your way.

Otherwise Drakon is right, there are better skills for cruisers, especially if it is the first 4-point skill.

Okay then what do you recommend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LNA]
Member
1,657 posts
10,412 battles
5 minutes ago, fighter9374 said:

Okay then what do you recommend?

You should take adrenaline rush or even consider jack of all trades of even survivability expert.

RDF is only useful for sneaky avoid contact ship type

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,518 posts
7,978 battles
11 minutes ago, fighter9374 said:

Okay then what do you recommend?

 

We recommend that you leave RDF for T8+. So far I only saw CatOnBoard using RDF in Des Moines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LNA]
Member
1,657 posts
10,412 battles

AA manual is not worth it unless you are dead set on removing cv from the game , CE is universally useful for almost all ships as it allow you to dictate engagements and break contacts easier.

IFHE is only useful for 152/155mm cruisers and the rest is dependant on your personal needs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,332 posts
8,817 battles

Take CE first.

I would argue that CE is a must have for almost all cruisers. The ability to sail from island to island undetected is very useful when trying to flank.

It is also very useful when you are drawing too much fire. When that happens, just stop firing, continue to wasd for 20 more seconds, and drop off detection.

Also CE combos very well with Radar in the higher tier ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,105 posts

i lol RDF thread finally started.

 

RDF have a few purpose

1. used by gunboat DD to hunt other DD

2. used by DD hunter cruiser to hunt DD

3. used by battleship to avoid ninja torp

4. used by potato cruiser to detect ship behind island to avoid surprise attack by hidden enemy

5. used by potato cruiser to avoid getting spotted by DD

6. used by potato cruiser to confuse enemy

7. used by potato cruiser to blind torp stealth enemy 

8. used by potato cruiser to protect BB from stealth DD torp by pinpoint location in RDF

9. trolling enemy.....

10. and many more

 

 

*but since Cleveland got short range main gun, go get CE instead. reset bro..... RDF maybe usefull in some ship only

 

2 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

CE is a MUST for all ships that isnt a BB

IFHE is must on 152mm CA.... :v :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts
4 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

i lol RDF thread finally started.

 

RDF have a few purpose

1. used by gunboat DD to hunt other DD

2. used by DD hunter cruiser to hunt DD

3. used by battleship to avoid ninja torp

4. used by potato cruiser to detect ship behind island to avoid surprise attack by hidden enemy

5. used by potato cruiser to avoid getting spotted by DD

6. used by potato cruiser to confuse enemy

7. used by potato cruiser to blind torp stealth enemy 

8. used by potato cruiser to protect BB from stealth DD torp by pinpoint location in RDF

9. trolling enemy.....

10. and many more

 

 

*but since Cleveland got short range main gun, go get CE instead. reset bro..... RDF maybe usefull in some ship only

 

IFHE is must on 152mm CA.... :v :cap_like:

Here Shark, let me collate that list for you;

1. used by potato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
162 posts
3,301 battles
5 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Here Shark, let me collate that list for you;

1. used by potato

Please no get that the heck outta this thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,561 posts
17,548 battles
Just now, fighter9374 said:

Please no get that the heck outta this thread

he's right, no one needs RPF on anything that dosnt have radar or a concealment lower then 9km, and a cleve certainly dont need it

Edited by drakon233

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
162 posts
3,301 battles
4 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

he's right, no one needs RPF on anything that dosnt have radar or a concealment lower then 9km, and a cleve certainly dont need it

I can handle this guy on my own thanks

That being said please keep the chat civil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,518 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, Skarhabek said:

IFHE is must on 152mm CA.... :v :cap_like:

 

First, those are CL

 

No, IFHE isn't a must on 152mm CA. IFHE is a relatively new addition to the game, people have been playing the game lot longer. The point of high RoF HE guns are to constantly set things on fire and get damage via fire. While the high caliber HE with lower RoF are to deal damage by means of HE alpha. And only a noob keep shooting HE the whole match. Around 50% of times you could use AP. Enemy can heal less from AP damage while fire damage or HE damage in general can be repaired a lot more.

 

Use brain first before taking the ad-on skills for granted. Sure they have benefit, but not like you cannot compensate that with other things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
207 posts
8,174 battles

RDF its useless for cruiser btw....
for cleveland i use this 
row 1 : get PT after that get DCCA and preventive maintenance
row 2 : get Adrenalin  Rush 
row 3 : DE  after that take BFT
row 4 : CE and IFHE
cheers... :cap_like:

Edited by Gesterbein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×