You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fullofenergy

Japan or USA Destroyers?

62 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
4 posts
57 battles

I am a newbie of WOWS, and i like playing destroyers very much

Therefore, i want to know that Japan or USA Destroyers have a better performance??

Edited by fullofenergy

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

The main difference between American and Japanese cruisers is that Japanese cruisers carry torpedoes, but very little AA. Higher tier American cruisers are virtually bristling with AA guns, and are extremely good at supporting and defending battleships. As to which is "better", that really depends on what you want to play. 

And no, torpedoes on cruisers are not necessarily better. While it gives you a huge added punch, they have a longer cooldown and opens you up to the chance of a devastating magazine detonation that can (and will) kill you.

Super Tester
1,154 posts
852 battles

If you want to use torpedoes on cruiser, choose Japan. They have wonderful torpedoes,  so sometimes can get battleship.

If you want to protect mates from enemy aircraft, choose USA. They have great anti air ability.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

*uses a Shimakaze*

*taunts my teammates for being slow*

*gets taken out early*

yep~

but srsly tho, I like Jap DD's for the long range torps but I really hate the guns on them lol~

Alpha Tester
32 posts
4,824 battles

Speaking of cruisers and IJN cruisers, you realise that you'd be using more of ur guns than torpedoes once you get to Aoba

totally agree lol :teethhappy:

DDs should be nerfed a little bit, in CBT with a third of enemy team can kill my BBs easily with smokescreen and 1 torp salvo :sceptic: sometimes i cant see them right in the open, only 5km with no smokescreen :ohmy:

Edited by congson1707

Beta Tester
20 posts
1,029 battles

How about cruies??

Which countries is better?

if you mastering with torpedo use IJN, if you have money to spent on WOWS i recommended you Goddes Queen Torpedo Kitakami 

Mount 60 Torpedo in 1 ship *30 Left Side & 30 Right Side*

Beta Tester
141 posts
2,261 battles

if you mastering with torpedo use IJN, if you have money to spent on WOWS i recommended you Goddes Queen Torpedo Kitakami 

Yuri ship's Kitakami doesn't has that 60 torpedoes, it's only 40 (10x4 610 mm, so 20 each side)

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

60? Isn't it 40?

Beta Tester
141 posts
2,261 battles

looking again =="

yup I miscalculated, but still kitakami it too Over Power

It is OP on her Torpedoes, but Kitakami is Kuma class. So, the it's like Kuma but more torpedoes and battle in high tier