Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Eggy_Bro

Unable to Launch in Update 0.6.9

31 comments in this topic

38 posts
8,604 battles

I updated to 0.6.9 and tried to launch the game, but then this happened. I've tried re-installing the game but the same problem still occurs. 

I run Mac version 10.11.6

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 9.33.19 AM.png

459 posts
8,266 battles

I have this problem to, running the game under wine on Debian Linux. I have it set up slightly differently, in a 64bit prefix with windows emulation set to a more recent version, but get exactly the same issue. Unfortunately as we're not running on a windows platform I doubt it will get much attention at all. The problem is probably some imperfect implementation in wine. Having done some googling there doesn't seem to be a fix floating around the internet yet. Be patient and eventually someone will come up with one.

It's quite likely due this patch introduction Dx11 with the option to continue using Dx9 and some API confusion.

39 posts
12,788 battles

I was also having critical errors and could not launch the game after the update (using a Windows 10 pc).  I use the camouflage remover from Aslain's mod pack, and had re-installed that after the update.  I tried de-installing the camo remover, and the game launched normally.  Re-installed it, critical error again.

There seems to be a problem with the modded file camouflages.xml, which is used instead of the default file if you are running a mod that affects camouflage. 

If you are using a mod, this might be your problem.  A quick fix or way to test this, is to delete or rename the modded camouflages.xml file, which is found here:

World_of_Warships > res_mods > 0.6.9.0 > camouflages.xml

After deleting or renaming that file, I was able  to launch the game normally.  Hopefully mod developers can update their camouflages.xml files soon.

Good luck!

Edited by Shanghai_Slim

459 posts
8,266 battles

I'm not running any mods (nor  have I ever), but I will try this when I get home. Are you running on a platform other than windows?

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
385 posts
14,947 battles
2 hours ago, Shanghai_Slim said:

I was also having critical errors and could not launch the game after the update (using a Windows 10 pc).  I use the camouflage remover from Aslain's mod pack, and had re-installed that after the update.  I tried de-installing the camo remover, and the game launched normally.  Re-installed it, critical error again.

There seems to be a problem with the modded file camouflages.xml, which is used instead of the default file if you are running a mod that affects camouflage. 

If you are using a mod, this might be your problem.  A quick fix or way to test this, is to delete or rename the modded camouflages.xml file, which is found here:

After deleting or renaming that file, I was able  to launch the game normally.  Hopefully mod developers can update their camouflages.xml files soon.

Good luck!

This fix worked for me. Cheers, mate.

459 posts
8,266 battles

Unfortunately I didn't find the XML file you deleted, so it's not the issue I'm having

The error I get is an access violation at address 0x00D81E60 which is the same as the OP, so this probably affects anyone playing with the mac wrapper or on linux.

38 posts
8,604 battles
20 hours ago, Shanghai_Slim said:

Good luck!

I don't run any mods. 

5 posts
79 battles

Thought I was gonna get a fix from today's update, but there was none.

Also, I run the game in vanilla.

I'm updating my GPU Drivers in hopes that it'll get fixed. I'll edit once I find a fix.

64 posts
10,375 battles

we just ave to wait till Codeweavers are able to make a new wrapper that  is able to deal with  the changes.  ( tanks was the same and it eventually got a fix)

Having said that Wargaming really should get there act together and get the patches to them sooner so they can be put out the same time as the patch. 

Mac people buy premium ships etc, there gotten our money, we shouldn't be subjected to this every patch.

38 posts
8,604 battles
40 minutes ago, FrankTheShip said:

we just ave to wait till Codeweavers are able to make a new wrapper that  is able to deal with  the changes.  ( tanks was the same and it eventually got a fix)

Having said that Wargaming really should get there act together and get the patches to them sooner so they can be put out the same time as the patch. 

Mac people buy premium ships etc, there gotten our money, we shouldn't be subjected to this every patch.

How long is this going to take though? The RN BB flag missions only last a week. 

459 posts
8,266 battles

If you have the same address in the error as me and the OP see this link...

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43515

seems a bug with an empty environment variable ProgramData... set that and try again.

edit: I tried the fix they suggested and it works.

The fix is pretty simple, you need to set the PROGRAMDATA environment variable, I don't think it matters what you set it to as WoWs doesn't use that path. I just set mine to c:\

Edited by Sparcie

38 posts
8,604 battles
1 hour ago, Sparcie said:

If you have the same address in the error as me and the OP see this link...

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43515

seems a bug with an empty environment variable ProgramData... set that and try again.

edit: I tried the fix they suggested and it works.

The fix is pretty simple, you need to set the PROGRAMDATA environment variable, I don't think it matters what you set it to as WoWs doesn't use that path. I just set mine to c:\

does the fix work for mac? 

38 posts
8,604 battles

Update: I went to WoWs and downloaded their new wrapper. I installed the Wrapper and replaced my original files. The game now works and still allows me to connect to SEA servers. 

This link: 

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/813

Edited by Eggy_Bro

64 posts
10,375 battles

downloaded the new version of the wrapper from the asian site (European and NA versions didn't work)  done a repair and it works again, now to start on these British missions :)

Sign in to follow this