You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Xplod2064

YAMATO is so over powered!!!!

107 comments in this topic

45 posts
3,994 battles

So I don't like playing my Montana anymore because I always go up against Yamato's that have thicker armour and bigger guns than my Montana, which my pitiful 406mm shells can't do crap at all on it. I always resort to HE shells but the problem is trying to survive the Yamato no matter what angle or whatever I am to it he always "absolutely crushes" me with the 460mm shells which is stupid even if one shell hits my ass its like 5k. Even with the lowered citadel on the Montana it doesn't matter for the Yamato because it's raw damage is just as much always 16K+ from each salvo. Wargaming needs to fix the Yamato or make the new t10 British BB be a match for the Yamato. Because it is so op I see so many Yamato's in every match I do and it really puts me off the game in general, I love my Montana but whats the point using it when it is so inferior to the Yamato???

1,105 posts

play CV, beside AADF, manual AA and AA build Minotaur and Neptune, there is nothing you can afraid for....attack from anywhere.... Yamato? LEL

PLAY CV :cap_like:

Yamato only get 3x3 turret, and you get 4x3..... why so mad

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
17 minutes ago, Xplod2064 said:

So I don't like playing my Montana anymore because I always go up against Yamato's that have thicker armour and bigger guns than my Montana, which my pitiful 406mm shells can't do crap at all on it. I always resort to HE shells but the problem is trying to survive the Yamato no matter what angle or whatever I am to it he always "absolutely crushes" me with the 460mm shells which is stupid even if one shell hits my ass its like 5k. Even with the lowered citadel on the Montana it doesn't matter for the Yamato because it's raw damage is just as much always 16K+ from each salvo. Wargaming needs to fix the Yamato or make the new t10 British BB be a match for the Yamato. Because it is so op I see so many Yamato's in every match I do and it really puts me off the game in general, I love my Montana but whats the point using it when it is so inferior to the Yamato???

gid gud, learn to angle, the montana is the best T10 BB out there and the yamato is the worst, and you say that yamato is is OP? if anything yamato is the one who needs buffs

Edited by drakon233

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,863 battles

unknown.png

The stats say otherwise....

Wiggling your bow/stern and let those lewd 18 inches bounce off your belt is your best bet. Then you have two options; drive by and proceed to kick her between her legs with twelve-16 inches of freedom, or just high-tail out to find the greener pasture.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

45 posts
3,994 battles
33 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

Apparently it's easier to post a thread calling for nerfs than to learn how to angle properly.

Doesn't matter what angle I have his guns just cut through my armour anyway.

45 posts
3,994 battles
20 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

play CV, beside AADF, manual AA and AA build Minotaur and Neptune, there is nothing you can afraid for....attack from anywhere.... Yamato? LEL

PLAY CV :cap_like:

Yamato only get 3x3 turret, and you get 4x3..... why so mad

Because the Yamato has armour thicker than my shells and its guns are way higher caliber than my Montana I would rather 3x3 than 4x3 406mm are so crap.

45 posts
3,994 battles
18 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

gid gud, learn to angle, the montana is the best T10 BB out there and the yamato is the worst, and you say that yamato is is OP? if anything yamato is the one who needs buffs

Are you on crack obviously you don't play much otherwise you would know.

45 posts
3,994 battles
1 minute ago, drakon233 said:

which proves you dont know how to angle

It doesn't matter on angle you noob if the guns are way bigger than the armour on a ship its gonna penetrate.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
Just now, Xplod2064 said:

It doesn't matter on angle you noob if the guns are way bigger than the armour on a ship its gonna penetrate.

Just now, Xplod2064 said:

Are you on crack obviously you don't play much otherwise you would know.

13k battles, and 2500 of them in T10, i have ALL the T10 BBs, and you? you dont even bother learning how to player properly and just whine on the forums when you get your ass kicked by people who actually knows their shit,

GID, GUD

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

this is the match i was playing while i was multitasking shitposting on here to youshot-17_08.09_13_11.18-0354.thumb.jpg.d51c7a3f69031df3a12b5bbfadd9de7d.jpg

so tell me, does this look like the results of someone who dont play much or is a noob?

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,863 battles

You don't fight fair against Yamato, you ambush her, or let those Kurfursts ... and T10 cruisers do the job for you while you go off somewhere else murdering enemy CAs.

Yes, angling won't let you taking 0 damage from Yamato shells, but point is, to buy you enough time to get you to spank those Yammys with drive-by attacks, or get back to the cover.

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,470 battles

Sometimes , we get guys like these , and here i was wonder if he got his logic control busted somewhere. Dont argue , no need to. What is right will always be there , wether he accept it or not.

Move on , or stay for a drama to unfold

45 posts
3,994 battles
1 minute ago, drakon233 said:

this is the match i was playing while i was multitasking shitposting on here to youshot-17_08.09_13_11.18-0354.thumb.jpg.d51c7a3f69031df3a12b5bbfadd9de7d.jpg

so tell me, does this look like the results of someone who dont play much or is a noob?

Um yea I think I know how to play.

12K EXP WOWS WOW.png

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,863 battles

Why do I get the feel that there will be one more thread that will spiral down to ....personal bickering madness?

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

You don't fight fair against Yamato, you ambush her, or let those Kurfursts ... and T10 cruisers do the job for you while you go off somewhere else murdering enemy CAs.

Yes, angling won't let you taking 0 damage from Yamato shells, but point is, to buy you enough time to get you to spank those Yammys with drive-by attacks, or get back to the cover.

you dont even need to do a drive by, stay at a mid-ish range, and spamming HE is already more then enough to kill a yamato, now with the citadel lowered she is already borderline OP IMHO, the ONLY thing that should scare a montana is a fleet blob, and that goes the same with ALL the T10 BBs

381 posts
9,957 battles

Just got the Montana 3 days ago and I have been loving it more than Yamato already - if I cannot penetrate them with AP I will just throw 8k+ HE salvos instead :Smile_teethhappy: I must admit that Yamato skill floor is lower than Montana though.

Talking about angling, I think OP was right at some point. As the whole bow and stern of Montana is 32mm, it is impossible to avoid being damaged if the opposing Yamato knows how to aim at these parts instead of aiming for the middle belt. 

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
Just now, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

Why do I get the feel that there will be one more thread that will spiral down to ....personal bickering madness?

the OP set the tone, im just responding in kind, if you troll the forums then expect to get trolled, espically when it's a new player who has no idea about how to play a ship and then whine that it's UP/OP or whatever, it's always the same, the only decent new poster i've seen here for a long time is that player asking for advice on the hindy yesterday

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
Just now, LunaStinger said:

Just got the Montana 3 days ago and I have been loving it more than Yamato already - if I cannot penetrate them with AP I will just throw 8k+ HE salvos instead :Smile_teethhappy: I must admit that Yamato skill floor is lower than Montana though.

Talking about angling, I think OP was right at some point. As the whole bow and stern of Montana is 32mm, it is impossible to avoid being damaged if the opposing Yamato knows how to aim at these parts instead of aiming for the middle belt. 

even if he does the bow gets saturated after 15-25k~ish dmg, then shooting it is worth less then aiming for the superstructure

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,863 battles
3 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

spamming HE is already more then enough to kill a yamato

Alternatively, you can just shove those AP salvos into the superstructure. Superstructure pens are nothing to laugh at when it can regularly deal 5-15k dmg. The OP might just be busy trying to aim for the bow and get nothing but "clang" sounds kek.