You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Yamamoto Isoroku not worth the effort

32 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

As the tile suggests, I will not be busting my balls to get Yamamoto Isoroku.

Sure he has unique skills but they can only be used per match after getting first blood and/or kraken unleashed. Therefore his unique skills will be of no use the majority of the times.

I may dabble in some missions from time to time depending on the rewards but given the current state of tier 8 to 10 matches it will not be often.

PS. Anyone else noticed that recently most events/challenges etc require tier 8 to 10 ships? Probably to force people to play these tiers as hardly anybody does.

39 posts
1,652 battles

Tiers 8-10 seem pretty fun to play for me, then again I do play the DKM CAs. 

But yeah I get what you're saying. The missions take a while to get done and the captain doesn't have good universal skills. Though, not to be rude, if you can get Yamamoto you're probably the kind of player who can make best use of those unique skills. Though perhaps having his unique skills benefit the ship as they do, it may encourage more aggressive playstyles? I'd doubt it, but it would be nice to see more people playing aggressive at Tiers 8-10, as I cannot tell you how many Baltimores I've seen camp behind islands with their DDs, smoke CAs, or BB buttbuddies. That's just my two cents though~:cap_popcorn:

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
30 minutes ago, Trojan63 said:

Sure he has unique skills but they can only be used per match after getting first blood and/or kraken unleashed. Therefore his unique skills will be of no use the majority of the times.

I may dabble in some missions from time to time depending on the rewards but given the current state of tier 8 to 10 matches it will not be often.

PS. Anyone else noticed that recently most events/challenges etc require tier 8 to 10 ships? Probably to force people to play these tiers as hardly anybody does.

and what makes you say that?

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
3 minutes ago, keskparane said:

I know it's unlikely, but if you get a team with brains they will help you to get the kraken. 

the problem is, if you do get a kraken, then it's usually already endgame, so it wont make mutch of a diffrence

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

If he has a unique voice im all in , a portrait is not nice enough.

Beside , such famous figure from history deserve something more special than just a portrait.

Maybe an animated portrait is good

39 posts
1,652 battles
1 minute ago, MatterCore said:

why Isoroku not worth?

Why SHinonome not worth?

Why Missouri not worth?

Why Nelson not worth?

.... many things not worth?

I'd imagine it's because a player has to go out of their way to get those, you know? Not that they're bad, just... niche. I suppose that's the word.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

well, I will got him.......... eventualy

no need being rush

beside, why complain about requiring T9-10 ships

its a "historical" comander

If WG being picky, they would require last mission to be completed using Isoroku Flagship only (for the sake of history lol)

Edited by humusz

1,487 posts
7 hours ago, Trojan63 said:

I always see plenty of t8 ships, when I'm in my t6 BB , wot you on about? 

:Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
908 posts

If there is no time limit on this campaign.

Most will get there eventually. The captain starts at 15 points, an incentive for me to get it. Since I am missing a captain for my yamato anyway (given to amagi).

[LBAS]
4,471 posts
25,644 battles
17 hours ago, humusz said:

beside, why complain about requiring T9-10 ships

its a "historical" comander

If WG being picky, they would require last mission to be completed using Isoroku Flagship only (for the sake of history lol)

Fleet Admiral of Imperial Japanese, thats why:fish_book:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
8 hours ago, Trojan63 said:

arent those already busted? like... your past few thread ago

326 posts
10,519 battles

You like it, you take it.

You don't like it, you just pass it.

Anyway, you only got another regular captain but with "special ability" and few cosmetic as reward. 

Yeah,nothing genuine. Carry on to the next...............

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

I must say... why not?

You're also guaranteed 8x supercontainers throughout the mission. Perhaps more than what you already had since you first played this game. That said, I would advise against bringing an unfamiliar T6 ships into the battles since you are even more likely to be brought into T8 matches.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,970 battles

It's a perma campaign with lots of rewards for completing the tasks. Was doing the Beginner and Advanced campaigns worth it? Was for me, gave me a tonne of credits, flags, modules etc.

End of the day, what other campaign missions do you have assigned to those 2(3) slots that are so important? I finished both campaigns already.

Just because WG has added this to the game doesn't mean, oh man, gotta play for 18 hours a day for 2 months to grind this out to get all this stuff as fast as I can.

Some nice rewards are on offer, and it'll be nice to pick them up as additions benefits to playing normally.

T8+ is empty? For reals.. I only play T8+ nothing else really. Occasionally maybe T7. I think with the exception of ranked and pve missions I havent played below T8 since HOOD was released.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,761 battles

There are tons of rewards on the way, it's not just about getting the captain.  It's also a permanent campaign, that is clearly designed to take a long time to achieve.  Why would you not have the missions running in the background, over time you'll get rewards, and maybe eventually get a new commander.  Seems like a pretty good addition to the game really.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles
24 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

you'll get rewards, and maybe eventually get a new commander

And don't forget the 8x dice rolls that might net you an OP premium ships!

Still not contented that the T6 ships will be screwed even more by the MM when more people focus on this campaign with their T8s.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,761 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

And don't forget the 8x dice rolls that might net you an OP premium ships!

Still not contented that the T6 ships will be screwed even more by the MM when more people focus on this campaign with their T8s.

Agree, eight supercontainers make for pretty nice rewards.

However, I'm not sure that this will lead to a surge of T8 ships being played - surely people would rather do it in T9 & 10 ships, they get much better matchmaking and would be relatively easier to do this campaign in.

191 posts
10,626 battles
3 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Agree, eight supercontainers make for pretty nice rewards.

However, I'm not sure that this will lead to a surge of T8 ships being played - surely people would rather do it in T9 & 10 ships, they get much better matchmaking and would be relatively easier to do this campaign in.

Well there are 2 tier 8 ships that were given for free last time (ARP Takao and Bismarck) :P