Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Arpeggio_of_Black_Dragon

Which Tech-Tree to follow and which nation.!!!!

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
5 posts
108 battles

I am new to this game. I am now at Tier-4.I am now mostly using Cruisers of France(Duguay-Trouin) and Germany(karlsruhe).I am a little confused which line to follow whether BB or DD or CV or CA/CL.I want heavy firepower Artillery,strong Armour.I am a straight head-on battle player.Additional Preferences would be AA guns and Torps.So please help me out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

Go German Battleships, you will learn the game, get firepower/artillery and impressive armor.

Then when you feel like you want a change of pace, try cruisers, DD's, CV's.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,105 posts

about OP ship : BB Tirpitz got secondary, Torpedo, and decent AA with manual AA comander skill....

 

my advice :

- DONT PLAY KM CA, that ship is not potato/noob friendly.... sure its nice having big AP damage, but you will missed or bounce dealing zero damage

- if you want to play CA, pick French... its noob friendly, LONG RANGE, great burn chance, ez hit with low shell arc..... but be aware, La Galissoniere SUX... other French ship are very good.

- dont play USN CV. their stat look nice on paper, but actually IJN dominate because their flexible squadron. USN CV is only for experienced or Yankee wannabe that love freedom of dive bomber. also your team will hate you if you pick strike loadout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
128 posts
3,247 battles

French cruisers are absolute rubbish.

Avoid them.

Their guns do little damage, have small burn chance and are unreliable. 33 hits with HE on a Mogami for 0 damage, with the tier 6.

KM battleships are good, JP cruisers are ok, US battleships are also not bad.

Avoid CV 's totally, they are not liked by most players.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts
13 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

about OP ship : BB Tirpitz got secondary, Torpedo, and decent AA with manual AA comander skill....

 

my advice :

- DONT PLAY KM CA, that ship is not potato/noob friendly.... sure its nice having big AP damage, but you will missed or bounce dealing zero damage

- if you want to play CA, pick French... its noob friendly, LONG RANGE, great burn chance, ez hit with low shell arc..... but be aware, La Galissoniere SUX... other French ship are very good.

- dont play USN CV. their stat look nice on paper, but actually IJN dominate because their flexible squadron. USN CV is only for experienced or Yankee wannabe that love freedom of dive bomber. also your team will hate you if you pick strike loadout

Taking advice from you is like asking a Leper to Breakdance.

Amusing at first, but ultimately terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SIF]
Super Tester
3,857 posts
4,140 battles
5 hours ago, _Sabre_ said:

French cruisers are absolute rubbish.

Avoid them.

Their guns do little damage, have small burn chance and are unreliable. 33 hits with HE on a Mogami for 0 damage, with the tier 6.

KM battleships are good, JP cruisers are ok, US battleships are also not bad.

Avoid CV 's totally, they are not liked by most players.

 

 

FRCL  have an exceedingly high fire chance as well as nil/low damage over pens when shot.  

KMBB are great for close engagements with poor accuracy, good secs and tough armour.    

IJNCA have the most powerful guns of the cruisers but tend to have to do a lot of broadside work to utilise their torps.  

USNBB are slower but have good accuracy and AA as well as good concealment

CV's can be the difference between a win and a loss.  A good player can basically control the game.  A bad player will nearly guarentee a loss.  I dont know where you get the information that they aren't liked by most players.  

 

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
231
[151ST]
Member
1,016 posts
4,526 battles
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

 

FRCL  have an exceedingly high fire chance as well as nil/low damage over pens when shot.  

KMBB are great for close engagements with poor accuracy, good secs and tough armour.    

IJNCA have the most powerful guns of the cruisers but tend to have to do a lot of broadside work to utilise their torps.  

USNBB are slower but have good accuracy and AA as well as good concealment

CV's can be the difference between a win and a loss.  A good player can basically control the game.  A bad player will nearly guarentee a loss.  I dont know where you get the information that they aren't liked by most players.  

 

 

IJN CA torps are situational and you should never be showing your broadside to the enemy to drop unless you are sure they're all on reload.

 

Use the torps for ambush/area denial or to discourage a chase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
347 posts
On 08/08/2017 at 5:01 AM, Arpeggio_of_Black_Dragon said:

I am thinking of having my carrier as a CV player as it is a game changer.So whether to choose USN line or IJN line.

I have not bought a CV yet.So main topic remain as above stated.

If you buy an IJN CV - have fun, but it you buy a USN CV - I recommend you stop playing the line after tier 5 (maybe 6)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
435 posts
6,169 battles

Cruisers at high tier are full on and need reasonably active "gamer’s type of player" to be really successful or else be part of a division to triumphant. In peek battle you’re constantly (and all at the same time) manoeuvring, throttling, targeting, avoiding incoming, monitoring threats, scanning new targets and employing consumables. You could say this for all classes when encaged in battle but it’s the most rigorous for cruisers.

 

Battleships 24 to 30s reload times doesn’t change through the tiers so there always plenty of time to make up your mind about things and strategize. At high tier you need to be really good at situational, positional and arena awareness, like putting yourself in a position where you're taking minimal amount of damage but inflicting maximum and have a orientation or readiness to move to the next target and/or even have a escape plan in mind. As capital ships they are also the best way to control the battle status.

 

I describe destroyers as the spearhead ships of the fleet, especially in regards to capping and first up battles with destroyer vs destroyer. Low tiers can be divide into two distinctive types, torpedo boats and gunboats but nowadays high tier the lines are alittle blurry since all but the USSRs can stealth launch torps and all but IJN can go to guns in CQC (but don't underestimate IJN guns) . USSR best long range gunboat (or better at range), USN best at short range and the best IJN torpedo boat is one that is never spotted.

 

Only got up to middle tiers with carriers so can’t offer my stance except I can say that don’t judge them until you’ve reach tier six and leaned the skill of manual drops, at that tier torpedo bombers are skill based (better) appose to RNG based. Also strafing is skill base so follow the tech-tree that best suit your skills or the skill base CV that you have potential with. High tiers CVs can also control the battle status when not apposed.

 

Posts above to buy premiums is bad advice, best to play 500+ games to get a handle on things before you commit the coin.

 

To choose a starting ship line or nation just glance ahead on the tech-tree to a ship that you like the look off or play style that might suit you and begin the grind/learning curve.:Smile_great:

Edited by BuckleUpBones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LLBC]
Member
747 posts
6,868 battles

Depends on what you want to learn from the tech tree. I could only give advice about battleships since I am a battleship main.

 

IJN:

T3: Life as a battleship is not always an easy one

T4-T8: Angling, Aiming at mid-long range, Using (relatively better than USN counterpart) speed to your advantage

T9: Bow tanking

 

USN:

T3-T7: Positioning and Angling. Note that the lack of good positioning as a USN ship is extremely punishing, being caught overextending and you will not be able to run away from trouble while staying too close to the map edge and you will not be able to contribute much to the game.

T8+: Usage of concealment (if you so choose to specialize your commander this way)

 

German:

All tiers: How to be the damage sink for the team, Brawling.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

i'm curious if there is more than 8 tech tree with all 4 lines

 

you guys gonna explain each line characteristic  one by one??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,569 posts
17,570 battles
Just now, Harpoon01 said:

i'm curious if there is more than 8 tech tree with all 4 lines

 

you guys gonna explain each line characteristic  one by one??

direct them to the wiki, easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,355 posts
8,888 battles

OP if you want Heavy Armour and Artillery, then BBs are your calling, specifically the German and American BBs. They sound like they will fit your head-on battle playstyle, and USN BBs have some of the best AA for their tier. German BB AA is not too shabby either if you took Basic Firing Training and Advanced Firing Training, which chances are you will get if go for a Secondary-build on them.

As for CVs, are you a veteran of RTS games? If yes, play Japanese CVs. If no, play American CVs. Japanese CVs are better than their American counterparts from Tiers 6/7 onwards, but are harder to handle as they have more but weaker squadrons.

Edited by Thyaliad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
231
[151ST]
Member
1,016 posts
4,526 battles
9 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

OP if you want Heavy Armour and Artillery, then BBs are your calling, specifically the German and American BBs. They sound like they will fit your head-on battle playstyle, and USN BBs have some of the best AA for their tier. German BB AA is not too shabby either if you took Basic Firing Training and Advanced Firing Training, which chances are you will get if go for a Secondary-build on them.

As for CVs, are you a veteran of RTS games? If yes, play Japanese CVs. If no, play American CVs. Japanese CVs are better than their American counterparts from Tiers 6/7 onwards, but are harder to handle as they have more but weaker squadrons.

Give me IJN BBs over USN anyday.

KM BBs are good but I still find IJN better...

Looking forward to RN, see if they can match IJN...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LLBC]
Member
747 posts
6,868 battles
4 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Give me IJN BBs over USN anyday.

KM BBs are good but I still find IJN better...

Looking forward to RN, see if they can match IJN...

 

IJN BBs have sketchy close range dispersion, which I find it more difficult for headshotting DDs that comes within 10km range than it would have been for USN BBs. And for some odd reason, I love the big, bright shells (visually) that come from late-tier USN battleship guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
580 posts
1,587 battles

A battleship from either the IJN, USN, or KM line should be to your liking BUT you may be in for a nasty surprise. Considering you have played cruisers from T1 to T4 you may be shocked about the firing characteristics of you typical BB namely the incrediously slow reload times and barnyard-like dispersion.

You will be more survivable in a BB since you are well armored but remember that comes with a price in maneuverability as you will feel how sluggish and actually vulnerable you are compared to the dodginess and smaller hitbox of a CL.

I'm not trying to scare you, BBs are in their own right a valid warfighter but they are worlds different from what you've been sailing on. Just make note of that and hopefully you'll adjust to a BB's strengths and weaknesses. Be patient and take each victory or defeat into reflection.

If you can't then play Cruisers, they're pretty much a class you cannot go wrong with because of their versatility to adapt as any combat scenario develops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
911 posts

My take.

USN BB all way to tier 10 montana

USN DD up to tier 9 fletcher

Russian CA up to tier 10 moskva

IJN BB up to tier 8 amagi (izumo is a brutal grind for the Yamato)

KM BB up to Bismarck Tier 8

KM DDs up to Z52 (all competitive)

These are the trees worth going up. Take it from a player that owns nearly all tier 10s except French CA (currently grinding Charles) and the Gros (Russian DD, second line tier 10, have the udaloi). I dont play CVs.

 

Edited by SlamUez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LLBC]
Member
747 posts
6,868 battles

Oh, and don't let T2-T3 DDs come closer than 5km to you when you drive battleships. The early tier DDs reload torps as fast, if not faster than your main guns so keep that in mind. That changes when you move up tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,569 posts
17,570 battles
5 minutes ago, SlamUez said:

My take.

USN BB all way to tier 10 montana

USN DD up to tier 9 fletcher

Russian CA up to tier 10 moskva

IJN BB up to tier 8 amagi (izumo is a brutal grind for the Yamato)

KM BB up to Bismarck Tier 8

KM DDs up to Z52 (all competitive)

These are the trees worth going up. Take it from a player that owns nearly all tier 10s except French CA (currently grinding Charles) and the Gros (Russian DD, second line tier 10, have the udaloi). I dont play CVs.

 

USN CAs and KM CAs are both quite brutally strong too tier for tier, minotaur is hard to play but a beast in the right hands, but in the end i guess it's up to you, these are all DMP monsters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
911 posts
19 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

USN CAs and KM CAs are both quite brutally strong too tier for tier, minotaur is hard to play but a beast in the right hands, but in the end i guess it's up to you, these are all DMP monsters

I quoted the newbie friendly ships. 

 

To be honest anything is good depending on the player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

I am enjoying RN CL line as a whole thus far. They are really easy to play and do well with. Only up to Edinburgh so can't talk about TX meta yet.

 

US DD line is also really easy to play, specially when the other DDs will try to avoid engagement you most of the times. And you have the best smoke in the game.

 

VMF CA/CL are also easy as main stream cruisers. Every single ship on that line are great kiters.

 

For BBs, US for sure. But Colorado is hard grind. Good thing its a T7 so won't take much time to pass. T8+ are very good. Especially Montana is one of the best BBs in the game.

 

I don't play CV but everyone will agree that IJN CV line is what you want to grind first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×