Nishthedestroyer

Hakuryu or Des moines in current meta

37 comments in this topic

185 posts
584 battles

Guys sorry AGAIN just please don't block the thread or report pls I beg u

All I want to know is that with the way the game works at the moment and since every single one of you have more experience than me(waaaaay more) with the way the ship types are played and everything right now since I haven't tried t10 I am humbly asking you'll 

In the current meta is the Hakuryu or the Des Moines better 

Pls just help me ? ? 

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I think a man armed with a RPG on a sampan is the best ship in the game.

25 posts
3,686 battles

I feel that a CV is almost always better, if you are really, really good at it (~70% win rate at least). And Hakuryu is the apex of CVs.
If you can't guarantee those win rates, then anything else would probably be better (ie. Des Moines).

Des Moines is a fun ship. You might need to hug quite a bit of islands though, and if playing something static is not your prefered playstyle, then something like Zao or Henri IV would be much better.

Hope this helps you decide : )

(As a footnote: I feel that CVs aren't the true WoWs experience. If you really want to play these bird-eye RTS style, many other games like Starcraft are built with that as it's core. But hey, CVs are still a fun experience, just don't 'grind' down the line if you don't enjoy it. If you enjoy it, then go ahead, have fun. Best of luck.)

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,470 battles
6 minutes ago, derpcargoship said:

I feel that a CV is almost always better, if you are really, really good at it (~70% win rate at least). And Hakuryu is the apex of CVs.
If you can't guarantee those win rates, then anything else would probably be better (ie. Des Moines).

Des Moines is a fun ship. You might need to hug quite a bit of islands though, and if playing something static is not your prefered playstyle, then something like Zao or Henri IV would be much better.

Hope this helps you decide : )

(As a footnote: I feel that CVs aren't the true WoWs experience. If you really want to play these bird-eye RTS style, many other games like Starcraft are built with that as it's core. But hey, CVs are still a fun experience, just don't 'grind' down the line if you don't enjoy it. If you enjoy it, then go ahead, have fun. Best of luck.)

Asking some random player to attain super unicum level in one of the hardest ship by default that can fail when everything is done right make the statement rather questionable.

Even the most potent cv players wont be able to attain such ridiculous stat continously unless they are spamming saipan matches.

The threshold for an acceptable cv player is 51 to 52% wr.

I dont think you have touch the class yet and grasp its unique aspect have you ?

Des moines is the better choice if you want to remain sane and healthy , it is a lot less demanding than commanding a Hakuryu.

There is a reason cv is not popular in tier 9 and 10 , i recommend you read it up.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
1 minute ago, legionary2099 said:

Asking some random player to attain super unicum level in one of the hardest ship by default that can fail when everything is done right make the statement rather questionable.

Even the most potent cv players wont be able to attain such ridiculous stat continously unless they are spamming saipan matches.

The threshold for an acceptable cv player is 51 to 52% wr.

I dont think you have touch the class yet and grasp its unique aspect have you ?

Des moines is the better choice if you want to remain sane and healthy , it is a lot less demanding than commanding a Hakuryu.

There is a reason cv is not popular in tier 9 and 10 , i recommend you read it up.

plz no i still have PTSD from getting DSed from every imaginable angle in the dank meme

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,470 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

plz no i still have PTSD from getting DSed from every imaginable angle in the dank meme

Tough luck because every match you are in with me you have to push when the enemy simple refuse coming to you

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,470 battles
1 minute ago, MatterCore said:

compare completely wrong, CA & CV how?

He is asking which one is more in fashion and thats definitely the Des Moines, interestingly , Des Moines shorten to DM is quite a lol word in Viet Nam , look it up man :Smile_trollface:

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
8 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Tough luck because every match you are in with me you have to push when the enemy simple refuse coming to you

because of 2 reasons actually

1. ur in a CV, and the enemy also has a CV, which means the enemy team knows to not be a idiot and rush me

2. we ran into fishing teams every match and they ploughed through the other flank so hard each time i didnt have time to reposition

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles
36 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

He is asking which one is more in fashion and thats definitely the Des Moines, interestingly , Des Moines shorten to DM is quite a lol word in Viet Nam , look it up man :Smile_trollface:

For the record, he doesn't have to cuz he's the same as us.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,020 battles

DM is very powerful as a cruiser, and is generally recommended.

Hakuryu is also recommended, but requires a very good player that is also not faint-hearted. At T10, skilled CV players and divisions are very common and will definitely give you a challenge (or a beating if you run into a div solo). With Hakuryu, your micro skills will be tested with 8 squads, and you can try your hand on the 4-2-2 AS loadout, considered to be the hardest to master. 

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
22 minutes ago, Nishthedestroyer said:

Well I am going 95k + dmg on all my hosho games so yeah I will continue the hakuryu since I like the insta delete and flamu guides thought Me how to use the carry potential 

:puke:

dont lie about your avrg dmg, there's no way that you have 95k+ avrg dmg

Edited by drakon233

Video Contributor
2,266 posts
10,789 battles
38 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

:puke:

dont lie about your avrg dmg, there's no way that you have 95k+ avrg dmg

sealclubbing before removed alt T4-5 :Smile_trollface: