Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
cellum95

Personality of.....

10 comments in this topic

41 posts
2,811 battles

The 'Personality of...' is an open-discussion in which you guys can comment on the personality(game-wise) of your most favorite ship in the game. It can be in any tier, class, and nation. Describe the things/personality of the ship that makes it so special to you. It can be simple, or it can be as detailed as you want.

Note: This is a very opinionated discussion and as such, the opinions of others must be respected. 

Here's mine:

The Tier VIII North American Battleship, USS North Carolina, is one of my most favorite ships in the game. This is by far the most irreplaceable ship that I have in my port and shall be for a long time. While I did play the USS Iowa at Tier IX, I find my N.C much more enjoyable. It's friendly, and it can do the job done.

Here are the personalities that I find in it that make it as such:

1.) Maneuverability: The N.C. can turn tighter than the Iowa. The shorter frame of the North Carolina, coupled with the Steering Gears Mod. 2, can dodge torpedoes and incoming shells with much more comfortable ease than the Iowa. Even misplays can be corrected with a higher chance than its successor. The speed is welcoming as well. While it's not an Iowa, it's still comfortable enough to go from point A to point B.

2.) Anti-Aircraft Firepower: The AA rating on the ship is ridiculous. Even with just the AA Mod., it can cause headaches to Aircraft Carrier players -2/+2 tiers of it. Incoming planes melt quickly because of it. Add in the captain skills and flag that boost the AA creep of this thing, and well, it's an easier life than before.

3.) Main Battery Firepower: The firepower of this thing actually surprises me. While I was dismayed at first by the rather abysmal shell speed of the 16"/45 calibers Mk. 6, I soon come to love it as the Mk. 8 Superheavy Shells come at such steep angles that they can hit those citadels comfortably. Even if they do not hit that sweet spot, the penetration of Mk. 8 is so high that even numerous pen and overpens can hurt badly. 

4.) Armor: It's a risk-reward type. 

5.) Stealth: It's one of the few battleships to go ninja. Should I say more?

6.) Credit Earnings: Because it's at Tier VIII, the North Carolina has much greater earning potential than its successor as repair and shell costs are more manageable. The matchmaking of the ship also gave it an advantage here, as it can face much higher tier opponents to boost credits and exp earnings. Even top tier it can still earn because one can rack up a respectable amount of damage in one game. 

Edited by cellum95

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

Although you want to eat torp on the nose rather on the belt with its crappy 19% TDS.

Eating torps on the nose will have buit-in 10% "TDS", but the damage will count as normal pen rather than citadel when it hits the belt so you can heal more afterwards.

41 posts
2,811 battles
15 hours ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

Although you want to eat torp on the nose rather on the belt with its crappy 19% TDS.

Eating torps on the nose will have buit-in 10% "TDS", but the damage will count as normal pen rather than citadel when it hits the belt so you can heal more afterwards.

Huh. Neat.

41 posts
2,811 battles
15 hours ago, Aaditya_AJ said:

I'm I back in time or is it just a repost? link

Sort of a repost, but at the same time, it's not. I did this so that I can see the opinions of others on their favorite ships, and not just descend in a massive clusterf*** like what happened on the last one. There's an additional note on my post. 

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

Now that you mentioned the North Carolina, I will tell the personality of the other Carolina; the South Carolina.

With the recent range buff, she is now plays like an old stock-colorado, but with a number of departures:

1. The guns are not that effective against battleships beyond 12km+ it will just shatter on the belt of the enemy Battleships. Aim for bow and thin upper belts or just shoot at cruisers instead.
  2. The citadel of the ship is raised quite a lot above the waterline, angle angle angle.
  3. No-AA protection, you land in the 2v2 CV match? you better hope that our CV is not a potato or you are royally screwed through the aft and bow.
  4. The shell trajectory, though not very accurate, is quite predictable and representative of what shell groupings are going to look like on the later tiers.

[AE]
202 posts
9,508 battles

Ships are supposed to be female right? Well my Nikolai is a very bad bad girl. My Yamato destroys all the others she meets.

My DDs are ever so naughty.

My CVs are dominatrixes.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles
49 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

I would love to people to stop shooting me when i got spotted in Kagerou

I know you guys love me

Part of me want to do that, but the euphoric rush from 10k AP pens on DDs is what I am currently after.

That and, for the love part, you know, people LOVE you so they want to give you the "friendliness pellets".

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

Sign in to follow this