Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Swiftsure_08

Why Anthony(Cyclone) in Killer Whale?

13 comments in this topic

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

I'm recently grinding some T6 cruisers in scenario mode and play my T6 premium cruisers. And I notice a large amount of people play RN/MN crap boats in scenario.

They are designed for operation Dynamo, but not for anything else. I know they have 19-pt captain so people may want some captain free EXP, but coop can actually deliver better EXP/Hr rate than scenario if the scenario battle doesn't end well. Which unfortunately is the case, DDs are not particularly useful in Killer Whale (and IMO all other scenarios), and the crap boats are especially, well, crap. So why troll your team and yourself when you can simply go coop?

I also grind my boats in scenario, but I only bring ships that are useful, equip them well and play for the objectives, IMO I am a good teammate in those scenario games, but not Anthony and Cyclone players.

Edited by _Halcyon

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Blame WG for removing Dynamo from operation of the week when the event is still not over until the 10th. Anthony and Cyclone will remain until then. Worse still is that finding a division to play Dynamo is a lost cause because majority of the playerbase doesn't even speak English. Thanks alot WG. :Smile_facepalm:

326 posts
10,507 battles

Its frustrating to see there still people using that crappy boat (especially Anthony) & end up useless to the team.

1,335 posts
8,823 battles

Yeah I have no idea why people insist on using them. They are utter crap. Even in the Dunkirk scenario they aren't good, any of the other T5 DDs would have simply steamrolled it.

30 posts
6,507 battles

I was in one of those games with you , remember ?

You died in what, 2 minutes....

and in my Anthony  I contributed till the end, and faired well

WHY are you picking on the Anthony ?

If its has done something to you tell us and we shall smack its bottom

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

both ships work well in the PVE missions, it's the players using them that's the problem. You will get newer lower tier players getting into them, since they may be the only tier 5's they have.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I am absolutely fine with people using these two ships, but when your team had like 3 Anthony/Cyclone, you basically lost all chance of a 5 star and -50% chance of actually even finishing the mission. Regular DDs are the same, but at least they stand a chance.

I understand there will be newer players in these ships, but having 3 of these ships on your 7 man team is utterly terrible. There should be a hardcap of having Anthony/Cyclone of 2 or even 1. Its not fun for the 7 people in that match. Especially when most people still can't read the objectives and ignore all the secondaries.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,231 battles

Tbh, I know the DDs are already underpowered compared to the T6s and even the T5 DDs, but they don't exactly ruin the game. Sure they limit your contribution for the same amount of skills, sure they amplify your mistakes,  but you can still contribute reasonably if you have a decent idea what to do. I remember one match where I was getting flak from using one of those boats, I managed to survive till the end and earn top EXP even though the team collapsed. In Killer Whale, I feel the DDs are more or less balanced, it really comes down to skill. If you have the skill to drive a T6 DD well in Killer Whale, no reason to fail when using the Anthony or Cyclone

459 posts
8,276 battles

It is pretty annoying, especially when you get 3 of them. I had a game in the Graf Spee where we got 3 Cyclones, a Nurnberg, an additional Graf Spee, no BBs and a CV. Despite two of the DDs doing basically nothing me and the other Graf Spee managed to escape with help from the CV and Nurnberg for like 3 stars. It was still annoying as hell and we were certainly underpowered for the task. I feel lucky we had some big guns or it would have taken forever just to bring down the forts.

Sign in to follow this