You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

For those who want the Nelson, Save up your Free XP

45 comments in this topic

1,840 posts
8,101 battles

I said it was a Free XP ship, and no one believes me!

S_O said this on the EU forum:

Hello, dear players. We finalized the discussion on Nelson battleship. She will be avaliable as a free XP ship, like Missouri, and will become 2nd free XP ship in the game.
The price is yet to be determined, but we will do our best to make it balanced and reasonable.
Thank you all for your input :Smile_honoring:

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

1,840 posts
8,101 battles
20 minutes ago, LordTyphoon said:

Saw that this morning.

Already have enough free XP for Nelson :Smile_smile:

70,000 is alredy neat for Nelson though, i wish it was 65,000 Free XP 

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles
17 hours ago, ahwai82 said:

this is good, i have 409K fxp..nelson first then mighty mo now

Mo is more important if you look for a grindy ship , nelson being izumoish at tier 8 can be very hard to play and may not be exactly foolproof

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,435 battles
1 hour ago, legionary2099 said:

Mo is more important if you look for a grindy ship , nelson being izumoish at tier 8 can be very hard to play and may not be exactly foolproof

That's right

Mighty mo is far more important grind 

Unless nelson will be T8, I'll be grinding the mo first

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

But...but I have 690k fxp right now and I don't think I will have trouble collecting 60k more by the end of this year...

After I get the Mo I will still have the stock Izumo and the entire Soviet dd line to sink the fxp.

980 posts
12,617 battles

Yeh actually what tier is Nelson going to be? 

I thought she's going to be 7 not 8 because of Nagato and colorado. 

Can anyone confirm? 

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles
3 hours ago, Shiroyasha_Gintoki said:

3x3 16inches at T7 would be overkill though (ignoring that she has Izumo's turrets layout and better repair).

Though probably comes with Bayern/Mutsu-level of poor penetrative power. Don't expect here to punish Fuso/Nagatos that have any sort of angling from 14 km+

Her shell weight is only 929kg and historical penetration value is only 366 mm at 13.7 km

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/6ff8d9/hms_nelson_and_hms_king_george_v/

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

1,494 posts
4 hours ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

But...but I have 690k fxp right now and I don't think I will have trouble collecting 60k more by the end of this year...

After I get the Mo I will still have the stock Izumo and the entire Soviet dd line to sink the fxp.

If your that close with free XP, I think you should get mighty mo first

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

Really?? Since I got my Missouri from free exp grind before, I'll be glad again that Nelson is a Free Exp ship that I can collect again but I only have 100k :(

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles
5 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

If your that close with free XP, I think you should get mighty mo first

Lets just call big mo the 63 , too many typing ....

980 posts
12,617 battles

I think that Neilson isn't the last free XP ship to be sold.

I will be saving free XP again right after Nelson

maybe when the Italian BBs come out Roma will be free XP ship. 

Maybe be when the frenchies come out richeleiu will be free XP ship

:D

Edited by LordTyphoon

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

I really don't think I'll want a Nelson, considering how much I friggin hated Izumo and all the forward guns only ships go against my play style.

I got 1.25 million free XP that will be used for other things.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles
16 minutes ago, SlamUez said:

Tirpitz with camo and stack fxp flags. Profit... With a 19 point bismark captain for that extra captains xp as well. 

I got a 19 point captain, but only HSF Graf Spee ;-;

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,777 battles
1 hour ago, FishyPower said:

Please halp gib tips on Free EXP grind ples

Flags give you a ton of free xp.  I got over 17000 free xp from one battle yesterday.  Plenty of battles in the 10-15k range.

The thing to remember is all your free xp scales off your total xp gain for the battle, not your base xp.  So you need to stack normal xp multipliers then stack free xp multipliers above that - you'll be missing out massively if you go for free xp multipliers only.  Hence why the last weekend was so good, the 200% xp wins really increase your free xp gains.

As an example, I believe it is better if you are using Papa Papa and Ouroboros flags to use a 100% normal xp multiplier camo rather than a 100% free xp camo, as the former will counter intuitively give you more free xp.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts
6 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Flags give you a ton of free xp.  I got over 17000 free xp from one battle yesterday.  Plenty of battles in the 10-15k range.

The thing to remember is all your free xp scales off your total xp gain for the battle, not your base xp.  So you need to stack normal xp multipliers then stack free xp multipliers above that - you'll be missing out massively if you go for free xp multipliers only.  Hence why the last weekend was so good, the 200% xp wins really increase your free xp gains.

As an example, I believe it is better if you are using Papa Papa and Ouroboros flags to use a 100% normal xp multiplier camo rather than a 100% free xp camo, as the former will counter intuitively give you more free xp.

Definitely this^^

Boosted my free XP past the 2 million mark thanks to the 200% bonus weekend.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts
36 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

PvE is good for Grinding Free XP @FishyPower, example is Destroyers and USS Independence, they got stacked amount of ribbons and add flags and special signal flags and then you will get alot of it :cap_book:

PvE is always good for grinding.

All my free XP is from PvE games.

1,840 posts
8,101 battles
On 8/6/2017 at 10:15 AM, LordTyphoon said:

I think that Neilson isn't the last free XP ship to be sold.

I will be saving free XP again right after Nelson

maybe when the Italian BBs come out Roma will be free XP ship. 

Maybe be when the frenchies come out richeleiu will be free XP ship

:D

Richeleiu will be a Regular Tech Tree ship, Strasbourg will be the Free XP slave.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles
4 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

damn, didn't know that

2 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

PvE is good for Grinding Free XP @FishyPower, example is Destroyers and USS Independence, they got stacked amount of ribbons and add flags and special signal flags and then you will get alot of it :cap_book:

But doesn't PvE give lower base exp