cellum95

Personality of the North Carolina

86 comments in this topic

1,741 posts
4 hours ago, WongSongMing said:

Go search up your own high tier battleship stats and see how well your tactics are doing. Actually, I'll do you a favour and search it up for you.

kek.thumb.PNG.91237109099812ef9efbb9defc589a10.PNG

Now, lets compare that to my high tier BB stats.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=ccdef9bf6e307a5elmao.thumb.PNG.69e77eb45e52b60acee85f82df9ec92d.PNG

Oh, that's rather unfortunate...looks like my "camping" works far better than your aggressive pushing...

Hey, do I like give a stuff about stats???? 

I have said in almost every post I've done ( & you go & look if you want to) 

& I'll say it again....  I DONT CARE ABOUT STATS!

You can go blind looking at them (if it hasn't already happened) you can quote stats all day long & it doesn't change my statements ONE IOTA!!!

if you think your so smart, then look back on the thread that I was "discussing" gameplay tactics with you.

How many supported your view, of sitting back, camping & watching your team mates die, attitude???  Wait, I'll tell you. NONE ! should I check again? OK, I did... The answer is STILL NONE! 

You may have great stats, but it does not reflect to me your nature, your attitude, your play style.... Your posts do that... & I would rather die in battle every match, supporting my team, rather than to sit at the back like you do, pretending to be superior, with perfect stats... At least I can say I have genuine fun, supporting, tanking, pushing for my team, getting blown up, & they appreciate my efforts.... How many appreciate your efforts, sitting at the back, camping ??? Hmmmm?

I hope your stats do you proud, because most human players like me don't give a shit, I love ships, I help my team when needed, I NEVER camp.

If camping so bloody good, then why is the server population on a whole against it? Why is WG trying to reduce it, hmmm???

I think a you need a reality check...

Stats are not everything, indeed, to me they are not really anything... I'm not ashamed of them...

& I've must have hit a sore point with you, for to go to so much trouble to look up my stats & try & shame me....

Didn't work, sorry...

& BTW, the site you use is complete crap... I suggest using Asia.wows-numbers.com , at least its not innacurate like warships today is....

Pleasure talking to you

Ordrazz

372 posts
10,478 battles

I don't think you understand, I don't get purple by camping at the back. I get it by pushing when needed. I don't care how many people with sub 50% win rates support you.  If you actually went and looked at that thread, you'd see that people who actually knew how to play the game agreed with my points.

You know why I pull out your stats? You seem to think your tactics are good. Your stats show otherwise so I use them. 

Oh and that site's statistics are accurate. WTR is flawed but I'm looking at win rate here. Don't try to pull that nonsense.

1,741 posts

Win rate is full of shit, & you know it is, so don't hide behind that crap... You know as well as I do, that you can have a great game, carrying your team, until you are near the last 3 survivors (which I usually am one of last 3 in each match) & still lose.. That's why win rate is full of shit...  You can't possibly control other stupid players from doing completely idiotic things, causing the match to be lost... & you being in that team reflects that, no matter how good you are... That's why win rate is a stupid thing to judge by... If you want ACCURATE info, look at the damage, personal & experience ratings..  They are the ones to look at... Because they tell you WHAT THE PERSON IS GOING LIKE,  not counting how many winning teams he has been on... You can make all the right moves in a team each match & still lose, you know that... So come back to earth amongst the humans & you may pick up some friends, instead of you judging them by win rate ...  You will see one day that its lonely at the top.... Maybe you are just too perfect for this game & its "sub parr" players....

Ordrazz 

[MEGA]
4,775 posts
18,875 battles
3 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

Win rate is full of shit, & you know it is, so don't hide behind that crap... You know as well as I do, that you can have a great game, carrying your team, until you are near the last 3 survivors (which I usually am one of last 3 in each match) & still lose.. That's why win rate is full of shit...  You can't possibly control other stupid players from doing completely idiotic things, causing the match to be lost... & you being in that team reflects that, no matter how good you are... That's why win rate is a stupid thing to judge by... If you want ACCURATE info, look at the damage, personal & experience ratings..  They are the ones to look at... Because they tell you WHAT THE PERSON IS GOING LIKE,  not counting how many winning teams he has been on... You can make all the right moves in a team each match & still lose, you know that... So come back to earth amongst the humans & you may pick up some friends, instead of you judging them by win rate ...  You will see one day that its lonely at the top.... Maybe you are just too perfect for this game & its "sub parr" players....

Ordrazz 

do you really want to make that case when he has better of all of those then you?

1,741 posts
11 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

do you really want to make that case when he has better of all of those then you?

I am not the one lording my stats above anyone else here, I'm not saying I'm perfect (just in case this point has been overlooked)... I'm saying that IF HE LOOKED AT THE RIGHT STATS,  he should see that I'm not just mouthing off, but I am always improving where it counts. So therefore my opinions have some validity.....

Last time I looked, you don't have to be unicum to be authorised to express your own opinions on this forum... & I think my own experience, gives me that right to express my own opinions.... & im not trying to force my opinions onto someone else, Im just expressing my own  Unless there has been changes to the forum that I am unaware....I am not ashamed of my stats, I don't play every day.... So let's stop hiding behind stats on every discussion...

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

[MEGA]
4,775 posts
18,875 battles
Just now, Ordrazz said:

I am not the one lording my stats above anyone else here, I'm not saying I'm perfect (just in case this point has been overlooked)... I'm saying that IF HE LOOKED AT THE RIGHT STATS,  he should see that I'm not just mouthing off, but I am always improving where it counts. So therefore my opinions have dome validity.....

Last time I looked, you don't have to be unicum to be authorised to express your own opinions on this forum... & I think my own experience, gives me that right to express my own opinions.... Unless there has been changes to the forum that I am unaware....I am not ashamed of my stats, I don't play every day.... So let's stop hiding behind stats on every discussion...

Ordrazz

sure, you do have the right to express your opinion here, but if it's a stupid one then do expect to get bashed

that being said, statbashing is quite unsavory

[LNA]
1,764 posts
11,198 battles

Another one of those tear jerking drama.Seriously , just stop. Something that work for you dont necessarily work for other, share it, dont force it to prove you are right.No one can duplicate what you will and can do.

There is no wrong way to play the game , certain behaviours are regulated , other than that you have carte blanche.

Dont narrow down you perspective , view it from multiple viewpoint and you will see that both of you are right in certain circumstances.

1,741 posts
12 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

sure, you do have the right to express your opinion here, but if it's a stupid one then do expect to get bashed

So, how is it stupid???

I don't find the NC very good, & I find Tirpitz  & Bismarck better all round, am I supposed to agree with everyone else to be mainstream??? No way.

.. I hate the NC, I find it innacurate, the AA seems not to function, its slow & dumpy to maneuver & I get easily killed in it.... I find that Bismarck & Tirpitz much more maneuverable, AA seems to work better, & I can hit targets I aim at... Its my opinion. & i stick to it... I don't care if my opinion is not mainstream, but its my experience... & I dont use stats to make my judgements... I've got all 3, & I gave NC a fair go, even upgraded everything..

I still find Bismarck &Tirpitz PERSONALLY a better choice..

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

[MEGA]
4,775 posts
18,875 battles
Just now, Ordrazz said:

So, how is it stupid???

I don't find the NC very good, & I find Tirpitz  & Bismarck better all round, am I supposed to agree with everyone else to be mainstream??? No way.

.. I hate the NC, I find it innacurate, the AA seems not to function, its slow & dumpy to maneuver & I get easily killed in it.... I find that Bismarck & Tirpitz much more maneuverable, AA seems to work better, & I can hit targets I aim at... Its my opinion. & i stick to it... I don't care if my opinion is not mainstream, but its my experience... & I dont use stats to make my judgements... I've got all 3, & I gave NC a fair go, even upgraded everything..

I still find Bismarck &Tirpitz PERSONALLY a better choice..

Ordrazz

and then you triggered everyone who knows the NC is better *shrugs*. im not bashing you yet but "feeling a ship is bad" and saying it on the forums will bring out people who use actual stats of, well everything to prove otherwise. that's how it is, you are expressing your opinion and they are expressing theirs

1,196 posts
2,946 battles

Everyone else is entitled to their own opinion yes. However, when you says something that is incorrect such as 'the AA is poor, often letting me get hit by planes even when they are targeted' then you should expect to be corrected. 

372 posts
10,478 battles
26 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

If someone expresses a stupid opinion then refuses to listen to facts then personally I feel using everything including their stats to bash them is justified but that's just my opinion.

1,741 posts
3 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

If someone expresses a stupid opinion then refuses to listen to facts then personally I feel using everything including their stats to bash them is justified but that's just my opinion.

Well, by your own admission, you are are both a "stat basher" & a camper, what more can I say?

1,741 posts
11 minutes ago, silenthunter19944 said:

Everyone else is entitled to their own opinion yes. However, when you says something that is incorrect such as 'the AA is poor, often letting me get hit by planes even when they are targeted' then you should expect to be corrected. 

So you are putting stats & your own experiences over mine.... Maybe the OP should've asked for BIASED opinions on how good the ship is or not, & not just left it open, to someone who happens to disagree....

I gave my own experience into the discussion, now if that just happens to go against main stream opinion, too bad.... You can tell me how to suck eggs all night long, its still not going to change my mind on NC.... I personally think its shit.... I can do more damage in my new Mexico or Arizona, than I can in NC....& I happen to think Bismarck/Tirpitz much better in the same tier... If you don't agree, too bad

Ordrazz

49 posts
3,155 battles
17 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

If camping so bloody good, then why is the server population on a whole against it? Why is WG trying to reduce it, hmmm???

The reason why it has been viewed in such negativity is that too many battleship players have been using it too much. There's nothing wrong with good old long range fighting, but the thing is these BB players have been conditioned in doing so because 1.)they've gotten good results on using this tactic or; 2.) they're scared on the newest additions to the game so they naturally fall into this mindset. This can be fatal to the team's firepower and composition, as you are removing yourself from the flow of battle.

But then, being too aggressive and charge towards the enemy isn't helping either. I have seen other BB players(those using German BB's also) banzai charged to their enemies and gets slaughtered for it. Like the camping tactic, it's not a bad tactic. The reason why I'm putting it in a negative light is that you're not invincible. The consumables you have can only do so much against the hail of shells that have rained upon you in your charge. 

Battleships are such a hard balancing act for players who play them. You're switching mindsets from 'long range sniper support' to 'a durable blunt instrument in an attack' and it can change to and fro and the changing battlefield doesn't help to ease the burden.

Edited by cellum95

Super Tester
7,897 posts
8,143 battles

I don't know what people think of "opinions", but I think opinions can be wrong. Sometimes it's just hard for people to admit.

Also, it is a good thing to show respect to better players. I have never met WongSongMing in battle but it is very clear that he knows his stuff. He does almost 30k more in each ship than I do. Sure I'll take advice from him. But to call him a camper is absurd.

Then again, people, stop the stat bashing. People with half of my stats called that I get carried by other people all the times. Do I must care?

372 posts
10,478 battles
40 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I don't know what people think of "opinions", but I think opinions can be wrong. Sometimes it's just hard for people to admit.

Also, it is a good thing to show respect to better players. I have never met WongSongMing in battle but it is very clear that he knows his stuff. He does almost 30k more in each ship than I do. Sure I'll take advice from him. But to call him a camper is absurd.

Then again, people, stop the stat bashing. People with half of my stats called that I get carried by other people all the times. Do I must care?

Well, I did avoid using stats at the start in the other thread but some people are just immune to logic...

372 posts
10,478 battles
1 hour ago, LunaStinger said:

I don't think @WongSongMing is a camper. Meet him a few times in ranked and he definitely knows how and when to play aggressively in a BB. I think he is more against mindless suicide plays.

Yes, that's what I've been trying to say, thanks.

1,741 posts
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

If you people think I just charge in like an idiot, then you all have the wrong idea about me, & have never met me in battle.... Sure I agree that other peoples opinions can be wrong, but I've been taught to RESPECT other peoples point of view, even if they are wrong, it doesn't mean I accept it, & I've also been taught never to ram my own down peoples throats, if they happen to disagree with me... I say my piece & that's it.....

He did fully advocate camping in the other thread, & he also plainly indicated that helping other fellow team mates in trouble, is wrong, & they should be left to die, as taking damage in the rescue of team mates, or tanking any damage in the process of any pushing is viewed as "wasteful" & bad for the team, that's why everyone spoke up about it in the other thread.... So to say different now is just being a hypocrite..... 

I'm not sorry that I disagree with this attitude, & like I say,  I don't care about stats, so bash them all you want.... I go by what I see them do.... If you sit up the back camping in a BB, then don't expect me to like it, or to save you.... If you do it later & are damaged, then I will respect you because I can see you did your bit.... I never rush straight in, but I'm no camper, nor do I support it or respect it, so don't expect it.

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

Super Tester
813 posts
3,928 battles
1 minute ago, Ordrazz said:

If you people think I just charge in like an idiot, then you all have the wrong idea about me, & have never met me in battle.... Sure I agree that other peoples opinions can be wrong, but I've been taught to RESPECT other peoples point of view, even if they are wrong, & I've also been taught never to ram my own down peoples throats, if they happen to disagree with me... I say my piece & that's it.....

From what I read, they were just showing you facts. You called him a camper. If he is a camper, his stats should be poor.

He did fully advocate camping in the other thread, & he also plainly indicated that helping other fellow team mates in trouble, is wrong, & they should be left to die, as taking damage in the rescue of team mates, or tanking any damage in the process of any pushing is viewed as "wasteful" & bad for the team, that's why everyone spoke up about it in the other thread.... So to say different now is just being a hypocrite..... 

This is not camping. It is called discretion. Instead of losing my ship in a hopeless attempt to save an ally, I survive to (try) win the battle.

I'm not sorry that I disagree with this attitude, & like I say,  I don't care about stats, so bash them all you want.... I go by what I see them do.... If you sit up the back camping in a BB, then don't expect me to like it, or to save you.... If you do it later & are damaged, then I will respect you because I can see you did your bit.... I never rush straight in, but I'm no camper, nor do I support it or respect it, so don't expect it.

Could you show us a video of him camping in the game? Context matters.

Ordrazz

This is what I take from this thread.

1,741 posts
5 minutes ago, karrablaster123 said:

This is what I take from this thread.

Well then look at the other thread, & everyones comments in reply, & the responses to those comments.... I think it was one of the threads about ranked battles.... Thats all the proof there... Also check the up votes to each person, it may sound like a silly popularity contest, but it demonstrated how many people agreed with who....

Yes I do agree it can be silly rushing in to save everyone, I am not advocating that, every situation must be judged on its own merits... If an idiot goes YOLOing off into the enemy fleet, then I'm not going to waste time trying to save him... But neither am I going to camp up the back, or join stupid lemming trains.... 

In the other thread he called himself a camper, basically by advocating it... Its not my play style at all, nor do i support it...

Ordrazz

[MEGA]
4,775 posts
18,875 battles
Just now, Ordrazz said:

Well then look at the other thread, & everyones comments in reply, & the responses to those comments.... I think it was one of the threads about ranked battles.... Thats all the proof there... Also check the up votes to each person, it may sound like a silly popularity contest, but it demonstrated how many people agreed with who....

Yes I do agree it can be silly rushing in to save everyone, I am not advocating that, every situation must be judged on its own merits... If an idiot goes YOLOing off into the enemy fleet, then I'm not going to waste time trying to save him... But neither am I going to camp up the back, or join stupid lemming trains.... 

In the other thread he called himself a camper, basically by advocating it... Its not my play style at all, nor do i support it...

Ordrazz

discretion is the better part of the valor

372 posts
10,478 battles
1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

Ordrazz

You realise I were talking about premier ranked? You haven't made it there so here's a basic summary, you don't camp, you lose period. Oh and btw, step 1 to not getting stat shamed by me, stop insulting me by calling me a camper. Maybe if you stopped doing that, I might treat you with a little respect.