Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mingfang47

[Suggestion] Generate Karma Report

15 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I know this shouldn't be anywhere in priority development because it's pretty less important or non-existent feature for most players in the game.

Heck I may want to propose a Karma reward system but it subject to karma positive point farming & abuse from the community, thus defeating the purpose of the system.

[Currently]

Karma system is currently a display purpose for most people.

Some saw it as metric for their in-game behavior.

Others saw it as concern & puzzled why player received -7 karma points in single battle.

Others questioned it if it's from your allied team or enemy team.

[Request]

As player, I should see the statistical breakdown of my Karma. In other words, Generate Karma Report.

Karma report should be in Profile tab > Service Record, where it currently only displays the user's game account level & karma points next to user's IGN.

Karma Report should include the following:

- Statistical breakdown of complimented and reported for.

- Karma log, it must contain the following: positive & negative sign, reason, given by (must be generic & not disclosed the player e.g.: Ally and Enemy), and time & date stamp.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles

As it stands you could either be reported for bad play because they were pissed at you or good play reports from your team.  A clear cut reason why karma is one of the most ridiculous ( and useless ) features of the game 

1,494 posts

Really it's just a good venting system, makes you feel better, if you have a good battle with someone, give them a compliment, if they are stupid, give them a playing poorly etc.. it's fine how it is, we don't need yet more stats to stare at & judge people with, there's too much of that already.

Ordrazz

435 posts
6,169 battles

Only change needed is if you’re in the top half of the team efforts then you can only receive complements and if you’re in the bottom half you can only receive complains.

This is how WG can mitigate against spite and other obnoxious human emotions.       

Exception is reporting bots, this shouldn’t effect karma anyways.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

Super Tester
2,725 posts
4 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Really it's just a good venting system, makes you feel better, if you have a good battle with someone, give them a compliment, if they are stupid, give them a playing poorly etc.. it's fine how it is, we don't need yet more stats to stare at & judge people with, there's too much of that already.

Ordrazz

Not for public to view. For the own player's eyes only.

But yeah, that's why I said it wouldn't be anywhere in the development priority because it's a less important feature to consider for improvement or expand it.

334 posts
13,028 battles

Personally I think drop it altogether or maybe only allow compliments. The idea might have had merit if it didn't rely on people acting maturely. 

250 posts
5,827 battles

I agree, Karma needs a statistical breakdown.

While many laugh at it and don't care, or even take pride in a zero rating, some of us want to know why we keep dropping karma points when we're not sure what we are doing wrong.

I'm a mediocre player, I play to have fun, I try not to make any big stuff ups and work to support my team best I can. I rarely get complimented because people either don't use the complement system, or I'm not a high enough xp earner to deserve it, generally sitting middle of the team in XP.

So it causes me some worry when I lose a karma point. I want to know what I did wrong so I can get better, but I have no idea what I did wrong, was it friendly fire? did I collide with someone? was an enemy annoyed at me for killing him? Am I acting like a noob? etc...

At present, the Karma system is useless as it provides no data which could help people improve their playing, as we are not sure what we did wrong, or even what we did right!

Even when I play a good game, our team wins, I killed enemies, got top XP, supported friendlies, spotted etc... I may get no compliments, so I still do not know what to do right.

I may just be an overly sensitive person, but losing karma without gaining any makes me think I'm doing something wrong, and I still do not know what. While not perfect, being able to see the base reason WHY someone reported you, and if they were ally or enemy, would help.

334 posts
13,028 battles

I wouldn't worry about negative Karma most likely you are doing ok you just have to realize there are a lot if immature aXXhole's out there who think smoke makes you invulnerable or dislike it when they detonate from your salvo even though it's a game mechanic.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

Unless they have an overhaul/changes on the current karma system (or just change it to a reporting AFK/bot system like her older sister game), there is absolutely no point to do a statistic breakdown on what people had reported you for.

Simply because most players are doing it out of anger/frustration/excitement/fun/feels like report/compliment to someone, and hence it is mostly biased.

Edited by spixys

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles
On 7/31/2017 at 8:55 AM, BuckleUpBones said:

Only change needed is if you’re in the top half of the team efforts then you can only receive complements and if you’re in the bottom half you can only receive complains.

This is how WG can mitigate against spite and other obnoxious human emotions.       

Exception is reporting bots, this shouldn’t effect karma anyways.

Unless they are good player who tops the leaderboard, but trash-talk against other players in the team with derogatory words. That one is not uncalled for is it?

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts
On 2017/8/24 at 6:56 AM, BunnyDragon said:

Would love it myself.

I would like to know why my Karma changes, because I am curious and curiosity sunk (didn't sink) the cat. 

I just want to know why it changes!!!!!!

They don't like you, and liking/not liking someone does not require any reason.....

"why you hate me?" "because I hate you."

Sign in to follow this