Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
wer354

Myogi: Snipe or Brawl?

15 comments in this topic

1,493 posts

I would say a bit of both, snipe & brawl... & when you get into brawling range, hold down crtl & click on enemy with mouse, to focus secondary guns as well... As the closer you get, the more hits.... Watch out for fire, as Japanese BB burns easy, & keep angling to reduce chance of getting citadeled.... Aim low when brawling & pound into the hull..

When sniping, you may get better damage shooting HE, as the accuracy suffers at longer ranges..

Make sure you upgrade ship as quick as you can, because stock myogi is sort of rubbish...

Good luck

Ordrazz

1,105 posts

FREEEEE XP! or just follow the fleet and shoot anything you see...

well, at least that is what i did :V

Myoming got a lot of turret and with Steven Seagal its a BOSS...

Myoiser anti citadel strong gun but cannt shoot DD and no 10km secondary like Bismarck....

at first i thought Nassau is the worst battleship.... Myogi is actually more worse

dont worry, you will get Kongo in no time!

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,863 battles
1 hour ago, Skarhabek said:

Wyoming got a lot of turret and with Steven Seagal its a BOSS...

What a waste of a unique captain. eh?

28 posts
565 battles

I suggest from limited experience of playing this game. I got the Kaiser and I encounter Myogis a lot. I love the Myogi. Because it is such a great target to shoot at. And at brawling range, Kaiser can 3/4 times set Myogi on fire. And close range AP salvos to a Myogi can Diss out serious damage, at least it has been in my case.

So, my advice is to prefer Sniping as much as possible, at least against German Bbs. And when enemy Bbs are getting close, turn away and kite them. 

Cuz a Kaiser with the right Captain skills will give you a bad time.

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles
1 hour ago, archebuster said:

I suggest from limited experience of playing this game. I got the Kaiser and I encounter Myogis a lot. I love the Myogi. Because it is such a great target to shoot at. And at brawling range, Kaiser can 3/4 times set Myogi on fire. And close range AP salvos to a Myogi can Diss out serious damage, at least it has been in my case.

So, my advice is to prefer Sniping as much as possible, at least against German Bbs. And when enemy Bbs are getting close, turn away and kite them. 

Cuz a Kaiser with the right Captain skills will give you a bad time.

That is same for Myogi too. At close range, Myogi can chunk Kaiser in 3-4 salvo. Trust me.

28 posts
565 battles
42 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

That is same for Myogi too. At close range, Myogi can chunk Kaiser in 3-4 salvo. Trust me.

I guess, I am up against fellow green players like me. Shooting them and then hitting them 11 km away despite the dispersion is very satisfying. Although I feel, that Kaiser has faster reload which gives it an edge(although the dispersion makes me sad at times)

Edited by archebuster

1,347 posts
8,872 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

What a waste of a unique captain. eh?

I actually think he is better suited for low to mid tier BBs. Reason being that Expert Loader is a bit useless at high tiers as BB AP shell damage is so high that you are better off firing AP at everything, including DDs.

Though I suppose I could just ignore the Expert Loader buff.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

Myogi isn't bad, it's just that her dispersion is horrible. She's good for developing patience with IJN BB dispersion... I'm not a bad Myogi player so here's some tips:

- Sniping (16+km) isn't consistent, you simply do it because what else are you going to do while you close the gap? HE or AP, doesn't matter at this range but I prefer AP, they can't heal as much. Target BBs/CVs as they don't change direction much.

- Mid range (10-16km) Myogi dominates. Her gun angling is superb, so angle. Always shoot the BB or CL with citas showing. Your job is big damage, let your allies clean up pesky 2k HP enemies. AP.

- Brawling (<10km) Myogi can do well if you can angle and time your shots properly. Use your Battlecruiser agility and speed to put the enemy BB in a bad position and with your well aimed shot wipe 3/4 of his HP. Trick with brawling is picking your fight. Do it against an out-of-position damaged BB for example. AP is a must.

AP everything, even DDs. Switching shells is a waste of time and overpen damage is good. Enemy BBs can only heal like 50% of AP damage compared to fires...

Remember WASD hax and use throttle and angling to maintain optimal positioning. After the initial move forward I'm often at 1/4 speed to keep my range on enemy CLs/DDs.

Hope this helps...

Sign in to follow this