Sign in to follow this  
Smokeyr867

Basic Tactics

6 comments in this topic

27 posts
1,103 battles

Hi guys,

I'm assuming that theres some basic strats that transfer from other games into WoWS - like concentrating fire on the lowest health targets, taking them out of the game then shifting to the next lowest health?

Super Tester
7,577 posts
8,001 battles

Like most other similar games, positioning on the map and awareness about the surrounding is probably the most important skill. This is a very slow paced arcade style shooting game, so basically you get a lot of times to do some mind games with your enemy. Basic tactics also involves preserving HP and using it gradually to gain damage scores vs enemy.

Edited by icy_phoenix

27 posts
1,103 battles

My first aim is to deal more damage than I take, and if I see a cheap kill for the asking, well taking any gun out of the game is good:)

I'm playing US DD's at the moment, playing them like a scout, it's not always succesful but I think I'm helping out the team.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles

Just like WOT, skills and upgrades can make all the difference with ships.   Building them to suit your nation and class can turn the battle for you.

the usndd is king of the caps and bullies contenders off caps though firepower.  Most nations dd's have the odd ordinary performer in the line but the Americans are consistent all the way through.  You are pretty much untouchable when capping  as long as you are prepared to torpedobeat. Once you hit the tier 8 territory where radar can get you it gets a bit more sporty.

Sign in to follow this