You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

QQ 477 match in Cruiser and still noob, should i continue or just quit....

40 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

i am getting sick of becoming noob, 41 win rate, 26K avg damage in algerie..... oh come on, French ship are OP. it must be my fault or cruiser is the hardest ship in the game. playing CV, got ez 70K~100K damage....

playing Cruiser, oh crap i got 10K damage only.... oh belfast there, got citadel hahaaa...errr its gone -_- someone please spot those belfast..... ohoho Myoko!Fiji?damned bb dont sunk my target in oneshot... oh battleship! lets buuurrn!! 6 total fire = 10K~20K damage? whaaat? oooowwwh juicy DDaddies, got 1/4 HP.... wait? where is it? oh got RDF lets find it.... 2 minutes later.... someone sunk it.... oh EZ win and i did nothing

BB Puuuusssh.... enemy is near.... craaap.... how the heck Bismarck afraid of T5~T7 BB?

DD spot or CAP please, oh nice DD its cap and spot.... 1 min later got sunk

CA GEET BAAACCK..... oh its too late.....

CV?..... howling sheet, ITS BOT! CV sunk those Fuso, oh crap dont target Cleveland... CV spot,enemy DD is nearby

obviously you know what will happen, EZ Lose.....

*Ignore the rant, CV is so EZ or OP that make me so rage playing other ship

for more simple i will summarize the question :

- what is the best way to sinking battleship?

- what is the main different of unicum cruiser and potato beside the aim and dodging shell?

- how people analyze where is the flank to go?

- what is cruiser main strategy in domination mode where you got only 2 DD but enemy have 3 DD

- what to do if battleship ignore to push and enemy battleship is pushing?

- where is the best positioning the map? invisfiring behind island? 

- how did you know where is island to go if you want to camping behind island?

- what to do if there is DD spotting you and enemy battleship is shooting at you?

- what is better, hide behind sniper battleship and did 0 damage or take the risk going to the front but deal damage.

- how to rekt enemy that camp behind island?

- how exactly cruiser most do to carry the game?

- any other reference?

- how long exactly someone become good at cruiser? 1000 match?

- or just return to CV and keep playing it for the rest of my life.....

372 posts
10,120 battles
33 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

i am getting sick of becoming noob, 41 win rate, 26K avg damage in algerie..... oh come on, French ship are OP. it must be my fault or cruiser is the hardest ship in the game. playing CV, got ez 70K~100K damage....

playing Cruiser, oh crap i got 10K damage only.... oh belfast there, got citadel hahaaa...errr its gone -_- someone please spot those belfast..... ohoho Myoko!Fiji?damned bb dont sunk my target in oneshot... oh battleship! lets buuurrn!! 6 total fire = 10K~20K damage? whaaat? oooowwwh juicy DDaddies, got 1/4 HP.... wait? where is it? oh got RDF lets find it.... 2 minutes later.... someone sunk it.... oh EZ win and i did nothing

BB Puuuusssh.... enemy is near.... craaap.... how the heck Bismarck afraid of T5~T7 BB?

DD spot or CAP please, oh nice DD its cap and spot.... 1 min later got sunk

CA GEET BAAACCK..... oh its too late.....

CV?..... howling sheet, ITS BOT! CV sunk those Fuso, oh crap dont target Cleveland... CV spot,enemy DD is nearby

obviously you know what will happen, EZ Lose.....

*Ignore the rant, CV is so EZ or OP that make me so rage playing other ship

for more simple i will summarize the question :

- what is the best way to sinking battleship?

- what is the main different of unicum cruiser and potato beside the aim and dodging shell?

- how people analyze where is the flank to go?

- what is cruiser main strategy in domination mode where you got only 2 DD but enemy have 3 DD

- what to do if battleship ignore to push and enemy battleship is pushing?

- where is the best positioning the map? invisfiring behind island? 

- how did you know where is island to go if you want to camping behind island?

- what to do if there is DD spotting you and enemy battleship is shooting at you?

- what is better, hide behind sniper battleship and did 0 damage or take the risk going to the front but deal damage.

- how to rekt enemy that camp behind island?

- how exactly cruiser most do to carry the game?

- any other reference?

- how long exactly someone become good at cruiser? 1000 match?

- or just return to CV and keep playing it for the rest of my life.....

Go watch flamu.

[SG-C]
Beta Tester
4 posts
2,071 battles

Hi there! first thing first, calm down bro :cap_tea:

It may take awhile but you have to accept the fact that each cruisers may play a different role that has great distinction.

Take for example, in Germany's line: Up to tier 6 their AP shells are top notch and shoots at around 6 secs reload time, while at tier 7 we see a huge difference when a heavy cruiser is replaced in the line, performing better with HE rounds at long range and reloads at 12 secs.

Now for UK example: At tier 5 onwards, smoke generator is introduced to them, captains gotta learn to slow down to a crawl at close range with some spotters before popping smoke to fire continuously safely.

I assume that you're playing Algerie, you're looking at the tier's slowest heavy cruiser with excellent range and shell ballistics. You're so called only "ace" is engine boost which would make you then the fastest ship in the tier. In this case, i would generally play like most Russian cruisers shooting at range to my advantage. I would probably keep firing HEs at 15km against BBs and start to pop engine boost to either kite, tango or escape a fight from 12~13km onwards. I wont bother with APs unless around 9~10.5km against crusiers showing broadsides. You really need patience and accuracy to play Algerie as a second line ship, literally at the same distance or more of your friendly battleship.

Now answering some of your questions, playing as Algerie

- what is the best way to sinking battleship? - Burn it

- what is the main different of unicum cruiser and potato beside the aim and dodging shell? -

- how people analyze where is the flank to go? - generally where the DDs go, so as to support them

- what is cruiser main strategy in domination mode where you got only 2 DD but enemy have 3 DD - Bite the bullet, thats not your primary role. With its shell velocity, you'll probably DD hunt efficiently at 10km but by then you'd lose the range war, the whole world gonna come down at you and you'd be wondering why again you die so easily.

- what to do if battleship ignore to push and enemy battleship is pushing? - This irritates me sometime, but remember, 2nd line cruiser

- where is the best positioning the map? invisfiring behind island? - Your range and maneuverability is your best positioning

- how did you know where is island to go if you want to camping behind island? - ^

- what to do if there is DD spotting you and enemy battleship is shooting at you? - Run and fight another day. I cant remember the exact number but your detectability is around 13km. If running not possible, fight and kite.

- what is better, hide behind sniper battleship and did 0 damage or take the risk going to the front but deal damage. - In this ship case, polish your skill to do more than 0 damage

- how to rekt enemy that camp behind island? - just go away

- how exactly cruiser most do to carry the game? - Well, if you play your ship's role right.

- any other reference? World of warship's wiki generally help explains each ship's role http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships

Hope it helps.

1,105 posts
12 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

Go watch flamu.

done far far far already, still noob

4 minutes ago, DDanX said:

Hope it helps.

+1 thanks for advice, btw the problem of burning battleship is if there is 2~3 battleship the burning battleship will run away and heal. and even if you manage to sinking bb by fire, it take 4~10 min just to burn sink one BB. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The best way of sinking Battleships is to use air strike, Focus Fire, Stealthy Torpedoes

-Potato cruiser player sail straight regardless whether shells are coming his way or not

-Best flank to go is the flank that no enemy go there, or at least the enemy is weaker than your group at the moment

-Focusing on Killing enemy DD is the way to do, especially; enemy at least 1 tier higher than you, the ship is good type of ship (ex: Fletcher, i even resort by giving headbutt at his own smoke with my mogami at capture area, win by default), your Own DD team is shit at capping, you have radar or sonar

-Play kiting or use elastic defense so any enemy that is at the most front will get focused 1st, then prooced with killing enemy one by one

-The best firing position is when you are at medium range around 10km, facing away from chasing enemy, and at max speed so you could turn at ease after each shoot

-If you are not Atlanta, camping behind island regardless the condition is very ill-advised

-Use best firing position above

-if you still able to do 0 damage with that ship regardless the range, you are horrible

-shoot him back, but you gotta learn how to do that: first you need to spot him with something or you will just keep hitting the island, then you must guess his general position or angle, finally, shoot

-most cruiser carry the game by being an ass to everybody except other cruiser, not being a snackbar

Radar, sonar, smoke, DFAA, Speed Boost, Torpedoes, HE, all combined with firepower rivaling Battleships

Lets see

Atago, Mogami, Zao VS Yamato or Montana by burning them

Des Moines, Hindenburg, Minotaur Deleting everything foolish enough to get close to his ship

Hindenburg, have overenginered AP shells that penetrate anything literally

Sonar and radar to kill DD population (except Odrazz that pretend thaT never happened)

Belfast with smoke and Radar at the same time

French Cruiser with range that fitting their own WW2 status along with flame shells

Reference? Try not being an ass on the forum instead

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

Ok, so finally Sharkbait posted something that people is taking seriously. There are still hopes with sharkbait guys :)

How to delete BB faster? Play BB and see why you die so quickly (I'm sure you have a lot of experience with your Bismarck), then do the same thing to enemy BBs.

1,105 posts

13 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

The best way of sinking Battleships is to use air strike, Focus Fire, Stealthy Torpedoes

-Potato cruiser player sail straight regardless whether shells are coming his way or not

-Best flank to go is the flank that no enemy go there, or at least the enemy is weaker than your group at the moment

-If you are not Atlanta, camping behind island regardless the condition is very ill-advised

-if you still able to do 0 damage with that ship regardless the range, you are horrible

- i ded because no space to run anymore, BB to lazy to push and most of my team ded.... making me the last ship to shoot

- if there is no enemy there or to few, my damage become 0, and the most worst the other flank get rekt. resulting in lose. well, at least this is what i did when i get higher damage. my real problem is actually to determine where is the enemy and where is the best position to engange them...

- alright i wont camp behind island.

- here is the problem

risk.png.25b464eaa138250ea98d15eb957522ed.png

if i move to the front of friendly battleship, there is a risk that i will sunk a long with other cruiser. if i stay behind the camper battleship, i will do 0 damage. 

9 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Ok, so finally Sharkbait posted something that people is taking seriously. There are still hopes with sharkbait guys :)

How to delete BB faster? Play BB and see why you die so quickly (I'm sure you have a lot of experience with your Bismarck), then do the same thing to enemy BBs.

in Bismarck :

- DD torpedo (usually fletcher or gearing) sometimes i got hydro and still cannt dodge it....

- Air strike

- Citadel hit Iowa or Yamato from 18~20km+ but rarely happen

there is no cruiser in there -_-

with superintended and repair party2, fire damage is not a big problem

so i wonder if BB take survivability or anti fire build, what is the fastest way to sink it

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

Killing a BB faster will not help you win like many already mentioned. Applying firepower on a BB is the least efficient thing to do. You need to learn how to kill DD CL and CA faster. Their effectiveness reduces fast as they lose HP. BBs with brains only get stronger if you keep poking them.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,859 posts
4,140 battles

Ive always found that with the French cruisers, you start a fire wait, turn to another ship while 1st BB is either going to burn or use repair.  As soon as he uses repair then burn him properly.    French ships can be a little forgiving if you are too broadside as they get a lot of overpens.    Always stay with other ships and pull behind them is you are focuse.  Priority target is a no brainer

And get rid of than damned RDF.

980 posts
12,617 battles
7 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

- i ded because no space to run anymore, BB to lazy to push and most of my team ded.... making me the last ship to shoot

- if there is no enemy there or to few, my damage become 0, and the most worst the other flank get rekt. resulting in lose. well, at least this is what i did when i get higher damage. my real problem is actually to determine where is the enemy and where is the best position to engange them...

- alright i wont camp behind island.

- here is the problem

risk.png.25b464eaa138250ea98d15eb957522ed.png

if i move to the front of friendly battleship, there is a risk that i will sunk a long with other cruiser. if i stay behind the camper battleship, i will do 0 damage. 

in Bismarck :

- DD torpedo (usually fletcher or gearing) sometimes i got hydro and still cannt dodge it....

- Air strike

- Citadel hit Iowa or Yamato from 18~20km+ but rarely happen

there is no cruiser in there -_-

with superintended and repair party2, fire damage is not a big problem

so i wonder if BB take survivability or anti fire build, what is the fastest way to sink it

You are overthinking this. 

Just stop playing cruisers LOL

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,636 battles

im having some fun with algerie and i dont need RDF lol, with 17.9km range i can pick and choose my target and harass them

dont know how mr shark play but playing softy cruiser you need to think, if you cant think what you suppose to do what not to do just stop playing cruiser

1,105 posts
9 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

And get rid of than damned RDF.

5 hours ago, ahwai82 said:

im having some fun with algerie and i dont need RDF lol, with 17.9km range i can pick and choose my target and harass them

dont know how mr shark play but playing softy cruiser you need to think, if you cant think what you suppose to do what not to do just stop playing cruiser

i dont know what will happen if i dont have those RDF..... also priority target is usefull too, but i think i need incoming fire alert too.....

if people wonder how i play againts higher tier.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0nLYJ6nnx_PMnlPOS1sdnhoOEU/view

this is how i play in Cruiser vs Cruiser

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0nLYJ6nnx_PdnB4bUxwX2lyLXM

6 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

You are overthinking this. 

Just stop playing cruisers LOL

need 17mil credit to buy Taiho, playing USN CV waiting for AP bomb or CV rework 

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,859 posts
4,140 battles

Why are you so reliant on Rdf?  It has to be one of the most overrated useless skills.  Shoot what you see and run when you are targeted.  French cruisers aren't rocket science.  

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

RDF is for player dedicated to DD hunting role. It's not for everyone nor it is optimal in every ship. If you are not DD Hunter, which French cruisers certainly aren't, then it's a waste of 4 points. I would rather ask teammates for Intel than wasting 4 points myself.

Super Tester
802 posts
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

RDF is for player dedicated to DD hunting role. It's not for everyone nor it is optimal in every ship. If you are not DD Hunter, which French cruisers certainly aren't, then it's a waste of 4 points. I would rather ask teammates for Intel than wasting 4 points myself.

Well the only other reason you'd run it is if you're a stupid nooblord and OP kinda fits that description.

39 posts
12,862 battles
On 7/29/2017 at 6:21 AM, Skarhabek said:

You don't need to choose one or the other!  Choose the one that is most advantageous at that moment.  You can move up when the situation allows - being careful not to overextend.  If things become dangerous, use your cruiser's speed and WASD agility to fall back. 

If a dangerous amount of fire is coming at you, stop shooting and get outside of spotting range, so that you can "go dark" (become invisible) to the enemy.  Then you can focus on choosing a new position with better possibilities.

I think a key part of successful cruiser play is not following one standard strategy or tactic all the time.  Be flexible, be ready to change goals, tactics, positions and targets as the battle situation changes.  Try to do whatever benefits the team most at the moment.  For a cruiser, that could be burning distant enemy BBs, chasing DDs that suddenly threaten friendly BBs, protecting a base, surprising a red CV, supporting friendly DDs trying to cap, or capping yourself.  High situational awareness and paying a lot of attention to the minimap is required to do this well.  Being able to perform many useful roles is one of the biggest rewards of cruiser play.  Good luck!

1,105 posts
16 minutes ago, Shanghai_Slim said:

I think a key part of successful cruiser play is not following one standard strategy or tactic all the time.  Be flexible, be ready to change goals, tactics, positions and targets as the battle situation changes.  Try to do whatever benefits the team most at the moment.  For a cruiser, that could be burning distant enemy BBs, chasing DDs that suddenly threaten friendly BBs, protecting a base, surprising a red CV, supporting friendly DDs trying to cap, or capping yourself.  High situational awareness and paying a lot of attention to the minimap is required to do this well.  Being able to perform many useful roles is one of the biggest rewards of cruiser play.  Good luck!

thanks for advice, i am too much thinking "the best way".... 

and other people seems hate RDF so much :v

after look at Henry4 stat i understand why people so mad about concealment expert. 15km+ concealment is scary....

some ship have shorter range and same concealment, of course they need CE. 

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,453 battles

i can't help but laugh, lol

Welcome to World of Warships, sharkbait!! err Skarhabek

Edited by blacknoheart

218 posts
3,793 battles

From one potato to another; Priority target and Incoming Fire Alert is your friend. Keep yourself at arms length from enemy BBs so that when they fire, you have enough time to evade. When nobody targeting you, move in and start burning something. When they target you, sail straight. When they fire, cut engine and turn away from enemy and keep running until you no longer targeted. rinse and repeat.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,859 posts
4,140 battles
1 hour ago, Puteralanun said:

From one potato to another; Priority target and Incoming Fire Alert is your friend. Keep yourself at arms length from enemy BBs so that when they fire, you have enough time to evade. When nobody targeting you, move in and start burning something. When they target you, sail straight. When they fire, cut engine and turn away from enemy and keep running until you no longer targeted. rinse and repeat.

FRCL Lesson 101.

1,105 posts
3 hours ago, Puteralanun said:

:cap_like: finally got 11 point commander, got both priority target and fire alert now.