Phat_Cat

Automated chatban

49 comments in this topic

372 posts
10,097 battles

T7 hiryu dies in first 5 mins to a cv snipe and ends up at the bottom with 4 plane kills. I reply with "404 brain not found" and then immediately get chatbanned. Clearly what wows needs, a system to protect idiots who can't take a few harsh words.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Interesting

So you imply that WG should allowed player to INSULT other player that play poorly?

Talking about toxic...

372 posts
10,097 battles
35 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

Interesting

So you imply that WG should allowed player to INSULT other player that play poorly?

Talking about toxic...

You know what's toxic? Players like the cv who die in the first 5 mins. Oh and btw if wargaming punished everyone who insults other players the game would be dead.

Edited by WongSongMing

Beta Tester
906 posts
1 hour ago, WongSongMing said:

T7 hiryu dies in first 5 mins to a cv snipe and ends up at the bottom with 4 plane kills. I reply with "404 brain not found" and then immediately get chatbanned. Clearly what wows needs, a system to protect idiots who can't take a few harsh words.

This game is so soft. 

The players are even softer. They either need to grow a sack or quit playing if they cant even take some criticism.  Lol maybe they should stop using the internet or put on some nanny filters on. 

Edited by SlamUez

372 posts
10,097 battles
Just now, Harpoon01 said:

I talking about toxic behaviour

Not toxic gameplay, which pretty much every single multiplayer game has

If you can't take even that tame "insult" then you shouldn't be playing.

372 posts
10,097 battles
4 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

Yeah

Try write one of your insult here and see how long you last in the forum

I already have repeatedly and nothing has happened because normal people don't cry for bans when someone makes them a little bit angry. 

Edited by WongSongMing

753 posts
8,965 battles
19 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

If you can't take even that tame "insult" then you shouldn't be playing.

16 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

Chatbans should be for when you actually say something toxic like racist stuff, not for when some thin skinned person can't take a minor insult.

So let me get this straight, by your own admission you insulted someone, then come here crying that you got chat banned and try to justify your insult by your perceived level of that insult.

:Smile_amazed: :Smile_facepalm:

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,552 battles
30 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

Yeah

Try write one of your insult here and see how long you last in the forum

oh please, even the mods have insulted me more then that

Untitled.thumb.png.e04ad239340d88bca551fe43d079068f.png

look at the top bann, they called me something that we are not allowed to use on the forums

#moddictatorship comfirmed

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
2 hours ago, WongSongMing said:

just move on. Man up and take your punishment.

By this time tomorrow, you will have your chat back and this will be a bitter memory.

Coming here to and blaming someone else just makes it worse.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
22 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

look at the top bann, they called me something that we are not allowed to use on the forums

Ikr

They souldnt call you inappropriate

The latter is ok

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

#modxxxxxxxxxxxx comfirmed

Callout is sanctionable in other forums.

If I were you, I would redact that text before the crayon strikes.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

Why cant we have the mod in question do an appropriate apologize instead of hiding behind rules to evade taking resposibility. 

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,011 battles

To be honest considering what i have said in chat It's a miracle that I havn't been chat banned yet. On the bright side Wong your probably on discord anyway so It won't affect you much.

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

One red hair dude was said: "just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right":Smile_trollface:

You have reason to to insult someone, the one who being insult also have right to report you

Since insult other people is never consider as a good behavior

So deal with it yourself, or send a complain ticket to wargaming, no reason to qq in forum anyway.:Smile_popcorn:

Edited by K135Blitzkrieg

[SGC]
93 posts
6,371 battles
4 hours ago, WongSongMing said:

I think the issue here is that the chat ban system doesn't consider what you actually said, rather that if you receive enough reports it automatically bans you regardless.

Knowing that you have received a few of these chat bans already Wong, i bet someone only needs to sneeze a misbehavior in chat report at you and you get banned again.

Edited by KillStealz

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Inb4 thread lock??

You are free to submit a ticket to support & tell them your words does not justify for your chat ban and your action was necessary.

Edited by Mingfang47

372 posts
10,097 battles
19 minutes ago, Mingfang47 said:

Inb4 thread lock??

You are free to submit a ticket to support & tell them your words does not justify for your chat ban and your action was necessary.

The automated chat ban is one day and the tickets take several to get looked at. Oh and I already did a similar thread months ago and nothing happened to the thread. If you have a problem with my post then ignore it.