You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
archebuster

Why the hate?

22 comments in this topic

28 posts
565 battles

In many videos and in many reddits, I have seen people hating on German DDs or basically  put them at the bottom end of their wish list? What makes the DDs that bad, compared to the reputation of its battleship and cruiser lineups? Really sorry if anyone thinks otherwise. And I have personally played only the first two American DDs and not fare much well with them(my nourish rush b tendency gets me killed early

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

Poor smoke, poor maneuverability, poor HE, relatively poor concealment. These makes plebs perform poorly in these ships.

But those who can utilize the strength, the hybrid nature, the torpedoes, positioning, AP rounds, hydro etc, like their KM DDs pretty much.

The thing is, USN DDs still eclipse them with cap contesting power, ijn with stealth and torps and VMF with guns. For me, KMDDs are jack of all trades but master of none. Aka...meh

520 posts
11,123 battles

Actually, for me.. I LIKE the german DDs... I play Z46 and Z52 like Fletcher and Gearing with long lasting sonar:)

yeah, they are not US DDs... But they have a bite which is normally underestimated by most.

317 posts
6,852 battles

I only got to T4 German DD and even for that tier it just felt meh to me. Nothing feels special about it. I know they have hydro at higher levels but even still its not a Nation Line i'm really interested in grinding. Same goes for German Cruisers, they seem mediocre. Currently im just saving FXP to get thru them.

435 posts
6,169 battles

Where are the moderators? This is the second borderline thread today, a few others lately, this guy has only played 70 PvP games, you would expect a help thread not an abominating thread.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

1,809 posts
8,014 battles

The German DDs are for expert  DD players, though they have very limited smoke time, they have great torp damage, Ernst Gaede has 150mm guns that can almost bun Battleships at ease, it also have Hydro

Either Choose Smoke Generator Modification 1 and Hydroacoustic Modification 1 if you get it on Super Containers

Same as for the High Tiers like Z-1 Lebe,Z-23,Z-46 and Z-52

Gaede isn't bad for me, unless you experienced tranquility for BBs with surprise attacks :Smile_hiding:

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

372 posts
10,085 battles
43 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Where are the moderators? This is the second borderline thread today, a few others lately, this guy has only played 70 PvP games, you would expect a help thread not an abominating thread.

If this thread is "borderline" then the forums would be dead.

[MEGA]
4,560 posts
17,542 battles
51 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

well hey, at least it isnt a thread like one from sharkbait, nish or me when i feel like trolling:Smile_trollface:

and he IS asking legit qustions...

1,809 posts
8,014 battles
2 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

I hate ALL DDs, not just the German ones.....:Smile_trollface:

can't tell if this is troll post or something, but hey, KM DDs aren't bad if they get the Hydroacoustic mod 1

435 posts
6,169 battles
5 hours ago, WongSongMing said:

If this thread is "borderline" then the forums would be dead.

Cursing is colorful, this post is not.

5 hours ago, drakon233 said:

well hey, at least it isnt a thread like one from sharkbait, nish or me when i feel like trolling:Smile_trollface:

and he IS asking legit qustions...

If we couldn't reply to your twisted trolling then this forum would truly be dead!

1,329 posts
8,812 battles

I think a lot of the hate originated from when they were just released. Back then, they had a ridiculous gun bloom, so when the German DDs fired their guns, the whole world would know. Of course that has changed now.

They kinda function like hybrid torpedo/gunboat DDs like the USN DDs. But unlike they USN, they have lousy smoke duration.

Their main strengths are that they get Hydro at from Tier 6 onwards, and their rather good AP damage. Much of their success depends on knowing when and how to use their AP. Unfortunately, I am not very good at that, which is why I don't really like them.

372 posts
10,085 battles
4 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Cursing is colorful, this post is not.

If we couldn't reply to your twisted trolling then this forum would truly be dead!

He's asking a simple question. The only post here that should be nuked is yours.

1,105 posts
7,834 battles

Until you got the last 2 ships. they are crap.

Z-43 is gut boat but Z-52 is especialy amazing.

you no longer outclassed in contesting, and able to dictate engagement on your own term

5.88 km hydro with 6km coanclment is brutal, just saying

both still suffer from low alpha dmg, but in T-10 its harder to aim for devastating strike salvo

so 1 or 2 hit with flooding is most of the time were good enough.

Edited by humusz

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles
3 minutes ago, ahwai82 said:

ok they suck until before t9, so when T-22 will get hydro? :Smile_teethhappy:

Was german able to hear whales mumbling about their subs noisiness :Smile_trollface:

28 posts
565 battles

So from what I can gather, German DDs need extremely skilled player Base to utilise and a green destroyer captain will have a bad time playing them. Good for everyone that can play them and enjoy it.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

German DDs are excellent, as their Winrates show.  However they are not easy to play.  Skilled people will find it rewarding and fun, but poor DD players will find it terrible.  For newbies USN would be a far better line.

372 posts
10,085 battles

Are mid tier German dds all garbage? A full broadside from gaede 152s only does around 2k HE dmg which is comparable to farragut which has over twice the rate of fire.