You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mister_Teatime

Worse ship in the game?

77 comments in this topic

146 posts
10,176 battles

I give to Algerie. 

I've ground through all the other cruiser lines to t10 without skipping with free XP - I just can't make this ship work at all. I ground through the original Penescola - even that was more fun that this piece of crap - and I even enjoyed Emerald. Usually, when i struggle with ships initially (like e.g. Yorck), after a while I work out how to do well in them - but it's just not happening. 

It doesn't start fires for me (maybe RNG?), HE causes no damage to BBs at distance - e.g. rare for a volley to cause 1k damage; it takes citadels from any angle and catches fire every time another ship looks at it; its ROF is crap; its AA is crap and can't protect it from a t6 CV, let alone a t9; its turrets rotate slowly; its big and cumbersome and its rudder shift is ordinary. Against t9 I feel like I may as well not bother. But it doesn't even feel strong against an Omaha. . . . 

It has one thing going for it - range; but with slow shell speed hitting ships at 17km is hard. Schors is way stronger. 

Is it just me? What am I missing? Has anyone else got this thing to work. How? Please share . . . I have it fully upgraded with 12 point captain. 

Edited by Mister_Teatime

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,856 battles
6 minutes ago, K135Blitzkrieg said:

Worst ship.......

...the first thing pop-up in my head is Kawai(sou)chi, and stock Miyogi:cap_book:

The pre-buff stock amagi and stock colorado

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

The first thing that came to mind is the Krasny Krym.

The only thing going for it is that with AFT you can get its range up to 16.8km, which is extremely long for a T5 ship. Otherwise everything else is bad. Bad maneuverability, bad guns, bad armour, plus its screwed over by matchmaking.

Apart from that, I would say the old A hull Fuso before it was removed, and the old Tier 6 stock Mutsuki.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

with algerie i keep my distance but hard to hit anything with its slow shell, too near you get rekt 1st because of the poor rof

and mine is more awful with just a 10points commander

just sometimes rng on my side i can set fire burn bb, bad rng 120++ shells land only 3 to 5 fires and i have DE on mine

dont know what to give you..keep your distance, wasd hax and choose your target well to set fire............i guess

326 posts
10,515 battles

The worst ships in the game???

The one who drop their torpedoes without realizing his/ her friendly close by. 

-END-

1,105 posts

ALGERIE IS STRONGEST T7 CA!

Belfast? EZ citadel.... Atlanta? Spood Beest and run

other CA againts Algerie? get rekt! Battleship? BUUUUURRNNNNNN

well, its have serious drawback.... long sheep, crap AA, but its main gun its so good....

playing Algerie is like playing battleship with no armor.... 

- dont use IFHE or CE

- always use AADF

- dont salvo all main gun all once if you are not sure it will hit.

- againts BB u aim for the superstructure

Algerie have decent fire chance and good AP damage, its OP againts another CA, moderate againts BB, but crap againts DD....

that is why i am use RDF

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

BBs IJN had hull A for past :fish_haloween:

CAs IJN (I have pointless for IJN except CV)

Edin/Nepnep/Minotaur use smoke for next patch :cap_cool: smoke+radar when

Independence <<<<111 vs 122/201 nor 012 vs 311

Shchors <<< Budyonny 2.0 down grade armor add 155mm 1 turret

Ogevoi new version T8

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,856 battles
5 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

the old Tier 6 stock Mutsuki

The new stock Fubuki doesn't fare much better with 6km torp and crap gun though.

1,340 posts
8,832 battles
32 minutes ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

The new stock Fubuki doesn't fare much better with 6km torp and crap gun though.

Admittedly I didn't play the new Fubuki as I got Akatsuki after the split, so I just continued from there. The old Mutsuki was the first and only ship that I free xp-ed from stock to fully upgraded. 

283 posts
3,565 battles
4 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

ALGERIE IS STRONGEST T7 CA!

Belfast? EZ citadel.... Atlanta? Spood Beest and run

other CA againts Algerie? get rekt! Battleship? BUUUUURRNNNNNN

well, its have serious drawback.... long sheep, crap AA, but its main gun its so good....

playing Algerie is like playing battleship with no armor.... 

- dont use IFHE or CE

- always use AADF

- dont salvo all main gun all once if you are not sure it will hit.

- againts BB u aim for the superstructure

Algerie have decent fire chance and good AP damage, its OP againts another CA, moderate againts BB, but crap againts DD....

that is why i am use RDF

feed the shark, be the shark

Algerie, a battleship with no-Armour, I believe that is a battle-cruiser or a pocket-battleship or heavy cruiser, y'know, graf spee and stuff's?

And I havent played much MN CA but how is it not good against dd's? Bad Rolf but it has good HE dmg, no?

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Worst ship? The unfamiliar captain on the ship's role, limitation, exploit, etc. In other words, the bad player itself.

Refer to my forum signature. Game statistics may have gave you a negative impression on the ship. Carry it correctly and the statistics doesn't dictates your gameplay. 

Yorck is not bad ship.

1,105 posts
29 minutes ago, ellofiend said:

feed the shark, be the shark

Algerie, a battleship with no-Armour, I believe that is a battle-cruiser or a pocket-battleship or heavy cruiser, y'know, graf spee and stuff's?

And I havent played much MN CA but how is it not good against dd's? Bad Rolf but it has good HE dmg, no?

the HE damage is small and ROF is slow, when you hit the DD you can drain 1/4 of its HP+ Fire. but, of course the DD is running away.... and you cannt catch those DD.... 

Algerie is so SLOOOOW... you should think like battleship, where to go and where to position. wrong positioning will cauze no damage since no one there, repositioning is so slow.... that is why i got RDF, to find enemy and countering ninja DD torp.

oh wait another reply :

5 minutes ago, Mingfang47 said:

Worst ship? The unfamiliar captain on the ship's role, limitation, exploit, etc. In other words, the bad player itself.

Refer to my forum signature. Game statistics may have gave you a negative impression on the ship. Carry it correctly and the statistics doesn't dictates your gameplay. 

Yorck is not bad ship.

lel based on statistic Algerie did a lot of damage....

Edited by Skarhabek

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles
14 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

Worse in game are those that you cannot make it work no matter what you try. For me its the damn Myoko and Kutuzov

Wait what?

I feel sorry for you mate, I find Myoko amazing and from what I've played against and heard Kutuzov is amazing...