Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Arthur_Kirkland

Dive Bomber lack of damage logic

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
15 posts
34 battles

me and my friend still discussing about this..

how Bomb with a weight 500lbs (US standards) has a smaller damage than  1005lbs torpedo (US standards too).

torpedo were able to damage 2k for each. and so here come the logical question.. can we buff dive bomber ?

i think bomb can dealing damage 800-1000 minimum for each one.

:'3

Edited by Arthur_Kirkland

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I'm haven't played Carriers yet though..... have you seen the bomber's armament if there's AP or HE bombs?

You probably know the behavior & damage mechanism of AP & HE right?

HE bombs are meant to damage external module of the ships.

Beta Tester
15 posts
34 battles

I'm haven't played Carriers yet though..... have you seen the bomber's armament if there's AP or HE bombs?

You probably know the behavior & damage mechanism of AP & HE right?

HE bombs are meant to damage external module of the ships.

nope, it's not mentioned about AP or HE mechanism on bomber planes.

i will put independence as a sample.. 

as seen on modules info.. 

the dive bombers able to damage 2480 max

while the torpedo bombers able to damage 5900 max

but in game the damage dealt from DB kinda smaller from what we expected.. maybe there's another player can relate to this too ? :3

Alpha Tester
19 posts
2,046 battles

me and my friend still discussing about this..

how Bomb with a weight 500lbs (US standards) has a smaller damage than  1005lbs torpedo (US standards too).

torpedo were able to damage 2k for each. and so here come the logical question.. can we buff dive bomber ?

i think bomb can dealing damage 800-1000 minimum for each one.

:'3

US Mark 13 torpedos wieght 1005kg not lb.

Alpha Tester
67 posts

dive bomber works almost the same as with normal shell

if you hit the right place they will cause good damage, but other than that, it's meh

torpedo bombers deals consistent damage as long as it hit, but is very vulnerable to fighter planes

i haven't tried dive bombing much because i feel torpedo bomber is more reliable by far though, so i might be wrong

Beta Tester
15 posts
476 battles

Because torpedo is more deadly than bomb in real life.

As bomb had to go though > superstructure > deck armor > citadel to do a very serious damage.

As torpedo > donate in water and rekt everything up. causing flooding and breaking keel.

And 500lb is a standard... for a scout. An SBD going for bombing mission would carry a 1000lb bomb and later SB2D could carry up to 1600lb bomb.

Also let compare by your logic.

A 500lb AN-M58 had 145lb of high explosive filler.

A 1000lb AN-M59 had 303lb of high explosive filler.

A 1000lb AN-M33 (armor piecing) had 150lb of high explosive filler. (a new one, pre 42 one had like a 50lb)

A 1600lb AN-Mk1 (armor piecing) had 209lb of high explosive filler.

While Mark 13 air-drop torpedo is 2216lb containing 600lb of high explosive filler. Also explosion underwater had greater force than on land.

Which one would do more damage.

Beta Tester
15 posts
34 battles

thanks for your responses. I do think about vital area damage dealt, so i can understand it, thank you once again.

and..

in real life, bomb has a timer that can activated when touch object or waters, so a splash damage maybe possible to happen (?)

or can we order planes to do kamikaze strike ? for extra damage. heheh

i just think CV needs to be buffed. It's kinda weak.. slow and when you ran out of planes, it ends. (but i don't mind if it gone by kamikaze XD).

at least.. i can do more damage.

last think, it's not like i'm not satisfied with CV, the exp gained from killing planes etc is still high, it just OMG i'm dead when meet a higher tier CV. 

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

Make sure your bombing from bow to stern to increase accuracy of hits. Also DBs used to be so OP before they nerfed them. They used to 2-3 bombing run DDs. I tend to find now that DBs do little damage to armoured decks and miss DDs more but can still knock out modules E.g AA and set enemies on fire. This allows for easier torpedo run with torpedo bombers.

Sign in to follow this