Sign in to follow this  
Smokeyr867

Newb with newb questions

13 comments in this topic

27 posts
1,103 battles

Hi guys,

while waiting for the game to download (22 hours so far !) I thought I'd ask a couple of questions that won't be in the manual:).

Firstly, am I better off sticking to the lower few levels while I build up exp (both for my crew and myself) or rushing to say, tier 4 then consolidating before moving up the ranks?

Next, is their a noob friendly line/nation to start off with?

Finally, is there anyone out there who want's to take a rookie under their wing and teach them not to suck at the game:)

Thx

Smokey

Super Tester
1,310 posts

u are pretty much SAVE, up to tier 4 in any line any ship any nation. 

coz up to tier 4, u will only see ship 1 tier above you at max. which nothing that u can't handle.

tier 5 is where the challenge start to arise coz u will start seeing ship 2 tier above you. and the power gap between tier 5 and 7 is pretty huge.

as for the line of choice.

go try everyline, its fast and not really hard to grind up to tier 4. 

everyline has their own strength and weakness, 

and also, everyline has some ship that become ur bottleneck at advancing the tier (yeah, some ship bring frustation)

tough,

if u want strong line.

USN DD, russian DD, USN CA is my line of choice. RN CL can be included too. but RN CL low tier is very frustating.

as for BB, they are pretty much rounded up, there should be nothing wrong with any BB line u take. tough USN BB is the best right now.

Edited by ReNation

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

@Smokeyr867 from the launcher options, disable seeding. It should increase the download speed. (Even though it sounds contradictory).

And ReNa summed it all up nicely. Play various nations up to tier 4 and various ship classes. And get the feel of them. Its not like they stay the same as you keep going up, but it should give you general idea about all 4 classes. I know the ship slots are limited in the beginning, but low tier ships are cheap and you can earn silvers easily. I will try to simplify a bit more.

Battleships: German battleships are most newbie friendly.

Destroyers: IJN and German DDs are newbie friendly up until tier 4, after that, the VMF and USN DD lines kinda takes over in terms of ease. They all differ greatly in play style, please check youtube videos on how to play the ships.

Carriers: Low tiers, USN, mid and high tiers IJN, so just start with IJN.

Cruisers: Everything other than IJN.

27 posts
1,103 battles

Thx Icy_pheonix, my download has ended, and the client has been installed :)

I think I'll just go and do the in game tutorial and get back to you, but in my nooby mind, I think I'm a destroyer type of guy:)

Smokey

[LBAS]
4,504 posts
25,688 battles

Cruisers. USN and IJN are the basic, learn how to use them correctly, dont rush with RN(British) and MN(French) cruisers

Edited by MatterCore

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles
33 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

Cruisers. USN and IJN are the basic, learn how to use them correctly, dont rush with RN(British) and MN(French) cruisers

I think, French cruisers are the tankiest of them all. I could be wrong though.

27 posts
1,103 battles

Guys,

I'm in and playing, just tier 1 stuff, but so far, I'm loving it:)

Compared to WoT, its fun, but there are still tossers trying to damage their own team:(

Edited by Smokeyr867
New opinion

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles
3 hours ago, Smokeyr867 said:

Compared to WoT, its fun, but there are still tossers trying to damage their own team:(

Those are pretty common in low tier. Some people are even ignorant enough not to understand the difference between red and green. But once you go past T4, you will rarely see intentional team damage.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles
On 7/26/2017 at 10:00 PM, icy_phoenix said:

French cruisers are the tankiest of them all

That appears to be so when broadsiding against battleships, at least until T5. Arguably, angling against BBs at those tiers is just asking for getting citadelled.  This is from BB's perspective.

56 posts
8,394 battles

<mainly german bote (BB,CA<finish 5 month now>,DD<finish 3 day ago xD>

german is hard dude

Sign in to follow this