You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fannwong

Ranked Season 7 Attendance

33 comments in this topic

7 posts
13,037 battles

Hello all,

Been enjoying ranked with some of the folks here. But I've noticed at even at peak SEA time the wait is long and it seems that the number of folks playing ranked is dropping. It's really sad, I enjoy the competitive game mode looks like numbers are dropping?

FW

372 posts
10,107 battles
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

You are late to the party. unicums are already all ranked 1.

Rip killstealz

112 posts
1,553 battles

If anything, while the que times are a lot longer I've found ranked a lot more enjoyable than it was when I started this season. Less 10,000 game vets and more average, but still decent players on both teams. Feels a lot more chilled and dead team mates will often cheer you can your team on : )

248 posts

yeh it will dwindle out. they might bang some rewards in to get more players.

i'm just treating it like the public server now. i'm stuck at R4-5-6

but i'm usually having nice tight games which are enjoyable so

I'm not quitting like i usually would in past seasons.

I'm just enjoying the small team numbers and tight gameplay.

I'll probably keep playing as long as there is players.

I usually take a month off the game after a ranked season so it's not something i maybe want to hurry.

Edited by fuzzjunky

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

I'm running low on combat flags so I quit before it become a major deficit when playing more ranked battles.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

189 posts
4,857 battles

Seriously, I decided this rank season was a thrown away

In T6 we're seeing several potent ships, but none of them can go outstanding even in the greatest hands

It's super... boring, to see that whenever you think you're going to win, you are. And vice versa. Same rules apply for any flanks, not just the games

372 posts
10,107 battles
2 hours ago, SlamUez said:

Queues have been ok in the premier league. At least games are starting.

See you in the game :), i need to rank out after taking 2 weeks off.

Lul killstealz 

520 posts
11,127 battles

Sigh, My plan to rank out this season seems to be on the brink of failing.  Work is getting in the way and the only time Im available... no one is:(  Stuck at R9 - R10.  Back and forth.

USS Flint.... you will have to wait a while:(  Sadness....

Edited by kultabashi

248 posts

yeh it's almost over. they need some incentive.

otherwise they're killing both servers and not making anyone happy.

there needs to be some rewards past rank12 that are worth having.

it's a bad bad look for a game when there are not enough players for a tourny.

it has the smell of death about it.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles
Just now, fuzzjunky said:

yeh it's almost over. they need some incentive.

otherwise they're killing both servers and not making anyone happy.

there needs to be some rewards past rank12 that are worth having.

it's a bad bad look for a game when there are not enough players for a tourny.

it has the smell of death about it.

there are plenty of players for tourny, i've had plenty of people show up when i started to plan the cross server tourny

248 posts

then you should talk to WG marketing dept.

they have an empty ranks server they can't seem to fill, which you think you can.

there's what 2 weeks left?? and everyones finished?

REEK OF DEATH

Edited by fuzzjunky

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles
27 minutes ago, fuzzjunky said:

then you should talk to WG marketing dept.

they have an empty ranks server they can't seem to fill, which you think you can.

there's what 2 weeks left?? and everyones finished?

REEK OF DEATH

rank=/=tourny, that's what im trying to say

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles
1 minute ago, fuzzjunky said:

yeh i suppose tourny players tay till the end.

we have the problem of people ranking out in the current system

it's not the system, it's the bracket, this is the most burnout season because of how stupidly easy it is to fail you way up the ranks and how many noobs actually do, becasue the dumbest way of playing BBs actually works and no other class of ships are relevant apart from DDs which just generate smoke for the BBs (dont mention CVs in rank it's so stupidly mismatched i dont even want to touch that cesspool)

Beta Tester
911 posts
24 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

it's not the system, it's the bracket, this is the most burnout season because of how stupidly easy it is to fail you way up the ranks and how many noobs actually do, becasue the dumbest way of playing BBs actually works and no other class of ships are relevant apart from DDs which just generate smoke for the BBs (dont mention CVs in rank it's so stupidly mismatched i dont even want to touch that cesspool)

Of course it is. Was up to 2.3 yesterday. Next game had a dunkirk go afk all game. Guy was delibrate as he parked his ship next to a hill. 

When your busting a gut making each star only to have the star robbed from you due to scum, of course it burns you out. Not to mention that game we had a healthy lead and killed their DD first. 

I would have been close to ranking out except falling back. 

248 posts

i disagree with you on one thing.

you still need a good DD to win the game.

without one you will never win. end of story.

but there isn't many DD's playing.

so you usually get one DD and if he sucks you have lost.

so BB's have resorted to saving their own asses while a DD sails around in circles doing nothing.

It seems we can only rely on ourselves so that's what we'll do

Edited by fuzzjunky

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,264 battles
1 hour ago, fuzzjunky said:

so BB's have resorted to saving their own asses while a DD sails around in circles doing nothing.

A DD sailing around in circles doing nothing is often doing so because their team is not giving them the support they need to try anything else without dying instantly, and they know that they desperately need to stay alive at all costs. DDs might be essential to win, but they can't carry you at T6, you actually have to support them. If you expect them to sail within 10km of an enemy BB or two without support and when there is a good chance of them being spotted, you're asking for a loss.

DDs dying are a symptom of a team that's going to lose, not necessarily always the cause. The number of times I've seen DDs get blamed for a loss when it was entirely the fault of poor/selfish BB play...

edit: Having played both, I can also tell you that if you get a bad DD you might lose but at least you have a good chance to save your star, if you are good. A DD that gets bad BB players will not only be unable to prevent a loss, they're almost certain to not top the xp table either.

Maybe that's why there are so few of them still playing: because it's hard and thankless and nothing turns you off ranked faster than a selfish BB player blaming you for a loss that was their fault (and then to top it off they keep their star and you lose yours).

Edited by Webba84

Beta Tester
911 posts
27 minutes ago, Webba84 said:

A DD sailing around in circles doing nothing is often doing so because their team is not giving them the support they need to try anything else without dying instantly, and they know that they desperately need to stay alive at all costs. DDs might be essential to win, but they can't carry you at T6, you actually have to support them. If you expect them to sail within 10km of an enemy BB or two without support and when there is a good chance of them being spotted, you're asking for a loss.

DDs dying are a symptom of a team that's going to lose, not necessarily always the cause. The number of times I've seen DDs get blamed for a loss when it was entirely the fault of poor/selfish BB play...

Well said. 

The team that wins are the ones that support each other. 

You can be the best DD player. But if your BBs dont help you kill other DD you will lose. There's only so much a lone DD can do in this meta. DDs dont make enough XP to be top loser most times. So really you cant fail your way up unlike a BB. 

This season is toxic. Its that bad. They need to change the star structure and how XP is calculated. 

248 posts

i'm not sure what support a BB can give other than shooting at what he can see.

At the start of the game when DD's are meant to be capping,

if they're not, and the BB can't see anything except other BB's

exactly what kind of support do you want??

if you don't detect we can't shoot.

if you don't cap we can't win.

if that's the DD's attitudes then stop crying when we try and rack up XP at the back.

If you're not trying to cap and you're not detection i'm nopt quite sure what in the world you think other options we would have.

it times like this i go back to enjoying smashing the little buggers first every time.

Every time they open their mouths nothing is their fault. W/E! *continues sniping with HE*.

If the DD's are so good at knowing what they should be doing and what we should be doing then i'm not quite sure why we shouldn't take the same attitude

Edited by fuzzjunky

1,498 posts
1 hour ago, Webba84 said:

edit: Having played both, I can also tell you that if you get a bad DD you might lose but at least you have a good chance to save your star, if you are good. A DD that gets bad BB players will not only be unable to prevent a loss, they're almost certain to not top the xp table either.

Maybe that's why there are so few of them still playing: because it's hard and thankless and nothing turns you off ranked faster than a selfish BB player blaming you for a loss that was their fault (and then to top it off they keep their star and you lose yours).

Well, I hear you & support you 100%, when I play, I help my team, from fellow BB, CV all the way to little DD.

But when you get told by people who think they are the sun king, that helping your team is the wrong thing, & your supposed to sit up the back & camp, & watch your team mates die, then you don't wonder about the toxic camping attitude displayed on this server anymore...

The paint gets very thick on some ships.... Stops them from moving you see....

Not on mine though, I jump in & tank, help, cover where ever I can..

Stuff dry statistics, it doesn't equate to fun, team spirit anyway...

Ordrazz