Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kara1087

Will wg punish the stealth firing in the upcoming update or not?

21 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

it's still on testing, and there's very good chance that this change would never see the light of day.

too many thing can go wrong.

but~~~~~~..... who's know.

just because it's not apply on 0.6.9, doesn't mean they discard the idea...

Edited by PGM991

318 posts
6,868 battles

How about WG making CV's more enjoyable to play. There is a counter for smoke firing - Blind fire torps into the smoke? DD's for the most part have torps that reach up to 8km and over, again Blind fire. Flush people out. 

Also if i have bought a premium ship (which i have) based on the merits it holds along with all the gimmicky attributes, then imo its wrong that WG changes those attributes (nerf) a ship/s to a point where it no longer has the strengths that made me want to purchase it. Its like buying a Ferrari and then taking it to she shop and them dropping a KIA Pride engine into it. People wouldn't be happy. As far as Tech Tree Lines go... sure. If they want to change smoke mechanics or make ships fire tactical nukes - I'm all for it. 

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,771 battles
2 hours ago, Kamanah said:

Also if i have bought a premium ship (which i have) based on the merits it holds along with all the gimmicky attributes, then imo its wrong that WG changes those attributes (nerf) a ship/s to a point where it no longer has the strengths that made me want to purchase it. Its like buying a Ferrari and then taking it to she shop and them dropping a KIA Pride engine into it. People wouldn't be happy. As far as Tech Tree Lines go... sure. If they want to change smoke mechanics or make ships fire tactical nukes - I'm all for it. 

Apparently indirect nerfs through mechanics changes are absolutely fine when they affect premiums.  It's only direct nerfs they seem reluctant to do.

Just ask the Blyskawica - my most played ship and I still cry a little inside when I scroll past it in port.

As for an answer to the OP - no one knows.  We will find out eventually, although my opinion is that I doubt they will go through with this change.  I do think however that they will almost certainly change smoke in some way to discourage camping in it, especially for battleships.  I suspect the model they will eventually go with is to make your bloom increase when you fire in smoke, up to about half your firing range.  That's pure speculation on my part, but it seems like the most commonsense approach to the problem.  Actually, if it's the most commonsense approach, chances are they won't go with it!

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
41 minutes ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

If no this will certainly be a disappointment,but also a good news for pussy navy

erm, gid gud?

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Smoke has been in game since the beginning, suddenly people don't know how to counter them. With the amount of hydro and radar ships in game right now, I would even ask for smoke buffs... You know.. if you don't smoke up, what's the use for radar??

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
3 hours ago, MatterCore said:

Gearing with Smoke of God could  conceal 4 BBs plus CAs, how cruel it is

i lost the screenshot when i redownloaded my client, but i had this one match with 8 people sitting inside one yugumo's smoke on C in land of fire, a montana came out in front of us(i was scouting in my fletcher to the side) he didnt even last two salvos

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

We have done a lot Fiji Belfast Sims smoke combo. Had a lot of Fiji matches where I wasn't even detected for once in the entire game. Do I feel bad? Nope, will do it again 10/10. I don't give a damn about fairness in fight as long as I can exploit the features!!! Good players always make the fight unfair for enemy.

Edited by icy_phoenix

435 posts
6,169 battles

It would have been a teamwork killer, I drop smoke for battleships and cruisers all the time but if means smoke decrements then destroyers will only be dropping smoke for themselves, long term destroyers will even keep a distance from smoke inhibitors.

Also aggressive battleships and cruisers look for smoke cover from others, if this is going to be redundant asset then long term this mechanic is only going to add to the camp fest meta.

It’s a bad mechanic all-round. The best way to counter smoke is torp walls, IJN DDs were good at that but WG has mothball them!

Edited by BuckleUpBones

Sign in to follow this