You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puteralanun

How to deal with fire?

17 comments in this topic

218 posts
3,792 battles

Anyone know how to deal with this constant burning? I play BB and I really want to tank for the team. But the fire always forced me to retreat back to the rear. There seems to be no way to defend against it, unlike AP which you can angled against. With HE, no matter where you get hit, you'll burn.

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles

Invest in fire prevention n basics of survivability. Tanking is not about eating as much fire as possible but more about position in a way that the enemy have no choice but to shoot you in an unfavorable angle or range.

The trick is know when to disengage and put you in a position where you can spend 1 min not getting shot at to heal and recover.

Easiest way to figure it out is hug a forward island infront of your team with dd in front of you. Once you have draw as much AP and 2 fires consecutively , back up and vanish to heal. Rinse n repeat

455 posts
8,038 battles

Time your aggression and retreat around dcp cool down. Make sure you can either get out of detection range in a pinch or hide behind island when needed. Reengage when healed and dcp is back up. You really need good positioning because bbs can reposition fast enough, so don't get overconfident with your tankiness

1,105 posts

1. get superintendent and use repair party 2..... DONT TAKE "BASIC OF SURVIVABILITY" its worthless compared to superintendent.....

2. use repair flag india delta if you have... and india yankee for -20% fire

3. upgrade with "damage control system mod 2" if available

4. take manual AA instead, Divebomber can troll you :V

if you are in Kongo, dont ever take fire prevention.....

here is the reason : 

Warning : tested on Bismarck, dunno if this work on other BB......

2 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

Tanking is not about eating as much fire as possible but more about position in a way that the enemy have no choice but to shoot you in an unfavorable angle or range.

true, but most people think tanking damage mean receiving damage. in WoWs dodging shell is count as tanking :V

372 posts
10,107 battles
21 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

1. get superintendent and use repair party 2..... DONT TAKE "BASIC OF SURVIVABILITY" its worthless compared to superintendent.....

2. use repair flag india delta if you have... and india yankee for -20% fire

3. upgrade with "damage control system mod 2" if available

if you are in Kongo, dont ever take fire prevention.....

here is the reason : 

Warning : tested on Bismarck, dunno if this work on other BB......

true, but most people think tanking damage mean receiving damage. in WoWs dodging shell is count as tanking :V

That's not how fire prevention works.

1,105 posts
36 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

That's not how fire prevention works.

do you even read the thread (especially the comment)?

Just now, fighter9374 said:

Why is it I take damage control mod 1 and fire prevention and I still get set on fire by sneaky little destroyers

lol if someone have 10% burn chance, it mean 9%*(100%-10%-5%) = 7.65% burn chance

Edited by Skarhabek

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

You are on water, dive, dive, dive!

In all honesty, as a BB id say fire prevention for one. That limits your two central fires to one, which mitigates most fires.

Also dont use your damage repair unless you then have two to three fires. As a BB your heals will repair a lot of fire damage.

Equip your dreadnought flag for more HP and the flag to reduce your consumable times.

Lastly break LoS from pesky ships that are burning you so you can use damage repair, or heal and wait for them to focus elsewhere if need be before recommitting to the fight.

1,494 posts
2 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

if you are in Kongo, dont ever take fire prevention.....here is the reason : 

LMAO !!!  Skahabek takes manual AA for fire prevention lololol

& doesn't ever take any fire prevention for Kongo...

ROTFLMAO

I can just see Skarhabek standing on the deck of a Kongo, trying to put a fire out with manual AA , instead of any fire prevention hahahahaha

:cap_rambo:

So, when on fire, shoot in air until out of ammo !

Good one, Skahabek, great advice !

Super Tester
7,564 posts
8,001 battles

@Ordrazz, You didn't get sharkbait's point. You shoot the 'fire' to kill it faster and AA guns fire at a faster rate.

Anyway, on topic.

@Puteralanun, there are 3 flags, one reloads consumables faster, one for healing more, and one for reduction of fire duration. Use them. I'm not gonna bother about their names, you can look them up.

Use premium dcp and heal for even faster reload.

Take dcp mod on 3rd slot. Dcp2 on 4th slot is for CVs mostly, you don't need that on bb.

Be on the move all the times, don't sit at one place.

Optionally, you can take fire prevention on captain but it isn't worth investing point if you master your positioning.

Always let 2 fires burn if you can afford it in t8 or higher, 1 fire for lower tiers. A full duration of fire is about 10% of your max HP, and fully repairable. It's not even terrifying like a cit hit. So don't panic dcp.

Timing and positioning is the key.

Edited by icy_phoenix

372 posts
10,107 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

@Ordrazz, You didn't get sharkbait's point. You shoot the 'fire' to kill it faster and AA guns fire at a faster rate.

Anyway, on topic.

@Puteralanun, there are 3 flags, one reloads consumables faster, one for healing more, and one for reduction of fire duration. Use them. I'm not gonna bother about their names, you can look them up.

Use premium dcp and heal for even faster reload.

Take dcp mod on 3rd slot. Dcp2 on 4th slot is for CVs mostly, you don't need that on bb.

Be on the move all the times, don't sit at one place.

Optionally, you can take fire prevention on captain but it isn't worth investing point if you master your positioning.

Always let 2 fires burn if you can afford it in t8 or higher, 1 fire for lower tiers. A full duration of fire is about 10% of your max HP, and fully repairable. It's not even terrifying like a cit hit. So don't panic dcp.

Timing and positioning is the key.

Letting a fire burn while your not going to be shot at in the near future is wasted hp.

318 posts
6,878 battles
9 hours ago, Puteralanun said:

Anyone know how to deal with this constant burning? I play BB and I really want to tank for the team. But the fire always forced me to retreat back to the rear. There seems to be no way to defend against it, unlike AP which you can angled against. With HE, no matter where you get hit, you'll burn.

Try to position yourself so the majority of enemy are line of sight blocked by land mass.

Keep land mass relatively close so you can dip into cover. When covered put the fire out, and don't return fire until you are extinguished at best or repaired at worst. 

Don't bum rush into a fight where you become the focal point of an entire enemy fleet, especially if both Repair and heal are on CD.

Use signals to reduce your fire chance.

Pretty sure someone will be along shortly and tell me i'm full of it. But that's the way i try to play.

162 posts
3,319 battles
3 minutes ago, Kamanah said:

Try to position yourself so the majority of enemy are line of sight blocked by land mass.

Keep land mass relatively close so you can dip into cover. When covered put the fire out, and don't return fire until you are extinguished at best or repaired at worst. 

Don't bum rush into a fight where you become the focal point of an entire enemy fleet, especially if both Repair and heal are on CD.

Use signals to reduce your fire chance.

Pretty sure someone will be along shortly and tell me i'm full of it. But that's the way i try to play.

Actually I do that all the time in my NC
I have to when I keep going up against GKs, Montanas and Yamatos

1,494 posts
6 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Ooohhhh OK.....

To produce more "air holes" , maybe to help the fire breathe easier?

So while we shoot at the fire with our faster AA guns, how would we stop accidental sinking?

We would need a welder to fix all the bullet holes in the hull we have been shooting.

& the percentages ? 100% - 10% - 5% =7.65% ? So what happened to the rest of the 77.35 % ??

Ahhhhh my ships on fire, quick, I have to get my AA guns to put out the fire on my ship........ Must remember to shoot at the fire......:cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

248 posts

I'm assuming you're talking about ranked?? [maybe not]

you'e getting more fire than usual. adjust with commander skills.

i build tanks anyway so it's normal for me.

why people do this more in ranks is because it's not great for the team

but it's good for personal XP and saving a star