Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Black__Melody

About "seconds" on crosshair when press alt

19 comments in this topic

162 posts
3,316 battles
43 minutes ago, Mingfang47 said:

Your shell's countdown timer upon impact.

Ignore this guy he's making a joke

The timer shows the time taken for a shell to reach the aimed area upon firing (aka travel time, since shells do not travel at the speed of light or something of the equivalent. Very useful to know since you have to learn how to lead your shot on a ship in this game.

Super Tester
2,725 posts
15 minutes ago, fighter9374 said:

Ignore this guy he's making a joke

The timer shows the time taken for a shell to reach the aimed area upon firing (aka travel time, since shells do not travel at the speed of light or something of the equivalent. Very useful to know since you have to learn how to lead your shot on a ship in this game.

Yet, you didn't laughed. Hur hur :Smile_sceptic:

Pretty much that's expounded explanation on the function of the timer.

Further you are aiming (e.g.: Battleship), the longer the shells' travel. Timer serves as a guide for you.

162 posts
3,316 battles
35 minutes ago, Mingfang47 said:

Yet, you didn't laughed. Hur hur :Smile_sceptic:

Pretty much that's expounded explanation on the function of the timer.

Further you are aiming (e.g.: Battleship), the longer the shells' travel. Timer serves as a guide for you.

Didn't laugh cos it wasn't funny. Simple as that. :fish_sleep:

162 posts
3,316 battles
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

@Black__Melody, I also suggest you enable alternate battle mode from game settings, so that you don't have to press "ALT" every few seconds. That mode provides a lot more information about your surrounding. 

Slight correction it's alternate battle interface mode.

Recommended to show both main gun and torp tube timers and , under select crosshairs, select dynamic crosshairs. That way, you can use the notches on the binos to lead your shot.

Quick explaination on how to use dynamic crosshair:

The number on the notches represent the time taken for your target ship to get to where you're currently aiming

This assumes a few things: 1) Target travels parallel to your bino's line 2) Target travels at a constant speed of 30 knots

To calculate how much you should lead on your target use this simple formula:

T=time taken for shell to reach aimed area
S=speed of target ship

C=calculated value

L=value of bino notch target ship should be over

Formula:

S divided by 30 = C

T multiply by C = L

Seems a bit complicated in the beginning, but if you want to shoot at anything more than 6km away I suggest you get this formula in your head.

Super Tester
7,546 posts
7,993 battles
13 minutes ago, fighter9374 said:

Slight correction it's alternate battle interface mode.

Recommended to show both main gun and torp tube timers and , under select crosshairs, select dynamic crosshairs. That way, you can use the notches on the binos to lead your shot.

Quick explaination on how to use dynamic crosshair:

The number on the notches represent the time taken for your target ship to get to where you're currently aiming

This assumes a few things: 1) Target travels parallel to your bino's line 2) Target travels at a constant speed of 30 knots

To calculate how much you should lead on your target use this simple formula:

*** some horrible math ***

Seems a bit complicated in the beginning, but if you want to shoot at anything more than 6km away I suggest you get this formula in your head.

Well I prefer not to force user specific settings onto new players. Dynamic Crosshair may work for you, most people use static. Also, you don't need any formula for static, you shoot and shells hit. Infact, sometimes I can argue that static type 7 is the best crosshair, but not gonna.

Edited by icy_phoenix

162 posts
3,316 battles
Just now, icy_phoenix said:

Well I prefer not to force user specific settings on new players. Dynamic Cross hair may work for you, most people use static.

*Shrug* Fair enough.

It's just if you want to find a way to 'more reliably' hit ships over distances then this formula and dynamic crosshairs are a must. I put quotation marks over more reliably cos dispersion always seems to find a way to fuck up even the perfect shot

Super Tester
7,546 posts
7,993 battles
2 minutes ago, fighter9374 said:

*Shrug* Fair enough.

It's just if you want to find a way to 'more reliably' hit ships over distances then this formula and dynamic crosshairs are a must. I put quotation marks over more reliably cos dispersion always seems to find a way to fuck up even the perfect shot

Heck once you are past 2k games you won't even need a crosshair to hit people, trust me :D You click, people get hurt ;)

162 posts
3,316 battles
39 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Heck once you are past 2k games you won't even need a crosshair to hit people, trust me :D You click, people get hurt ;)

Meh. Ain't gonna happen. Particularly since I play N.C. Shell travel time and dispersion is complete garbage

1,490 posts
On 24/07/2017 at 11:51 PM, fighter9374 said:

Meh. Ain't gonna happen. Particularly since I play N.C. Shell travel time and dispersion is complete garbage

Yes, I would have to agree somewhat, I don't enjoy playing NC because of the same reasons, I haven't played mine all year.... IMO Bismarck/Tirpitz much better ships, better accuracy, better damage....

Ordrazz

Super Tester
7,546 posts
7,993 battles

NC is like a tier 8 Yamato. Lolpens everything at her tier, and even most of the ships of TX from long range ofc. Shells are slow, falls from sky, but inaccurate? Nope, NC probably has the best accuracy of tier 8 (Although Amagi is also very accurate). Bismarck and Tirpitz has the garbage accuracy at tier 8. With lower caliber and lower alpha damage. They can't even overmatch a Hipper's bow. Also AP bombs flat out kills them while they can't even get close to NC.

Edited by icy_phoenix

162 posts
3,316 battles
7 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

NC is like a tier 8 Yamato. Lolpens everything at her tier, and even most of the ships of TX from long range ofc. Shells are slow, falls from sky, but inaccurate? Nope, NC probably has the best accuracy of tier 8 (Although Amagi is also very accurate). Bismarck and Tirpitz has the garbage accuracy at tier 8. With lower caliber and lower alpha damage. They can't even overmatch a Hipper's bow. Also AP bombs flat out kills them while they can't even get close to NC.

lolpens.......

dude I keep bouncing shells off same tier bbs wtf

Super Tester
7,546 posts
7,993 battles
4 hours ago, fighter9374 said:

lolpens.......

dude I keep bouncing shells off same tier bbs wtf

I wasn't joking when I said NC lolpens. Trust me, she does. Actually NC never has a hard time to score citadel hits on Bismarcks. May be you are not aiming properly.

Edited by icy_phoenix

162 posts
3,316 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I wasn't joking when I said NC lolpens. Trust me, she does. Actually NC never has a hard time to score citadel hits on Bismarcks. May be you are not aiming properly.

I aim at broadside, waterline at 9km range, and they just either splash around the ship or just bounce off. Like I said garbage dispersion

Super Tester
7,546 posts
7,993 battles
3 hours ago, fighter9374 said:

I aim at broadside, waterline at 9km range, and they just either splash around the ship or just bounce off. Like I said garbage dispersion

May be just bad luck. I grinded out NC a long time ago. So I had to look back into one of my old games. Just check the opening salvo, the shell grouping at almost max range, and you don't even need to hit the sides, like I citadel the fuso with vertical shells.

Spoiler

Sign in to follow this