You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dieselhead

Remove radar/hydro from all DD and BB

30 comments in this topic

356 posts
7,102 battles

It's just dumb. DD should not have it and neither should BB. It gives massive advantage to that ship in the cap area. It removes having to have skill to outplay your DD opponent in cap as they can just pop radar/hydro and insta win. Leave those perks for CA/CL to use. Z52 is already a good gun boat, give it hydro and its OP.

In fact if I had my way I'd suggest removing it from the game entirely!

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

Not gonna happen.

Z52 have crappiest smoke.

Removing radar from premiums is just as impossible due to EU customer laws.

Although you could make the radar being a double-edged sword. Making the activations of radar shown on the minimap and over the activating ships for both the allies and the enemies (only when one of the ships being picked up by radar).

260 posts
4,654 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

Although you could make the radar being a double-edged sword. Making the activations of radar shown on the minimap and over the activating ships for both the allies and the enemies (only when one of the ships being picked up by radar).

Interesting proposal, hope to see in testing.

[AE]
202 posts
9,515 battles

notser was discussing the imbalance of Belfast etc. But as Admiral pointed out, you cant change a premium you paid real money for. WG did it with the Super Pershing in WoT. Gave owners the opportunity to get a refund, but it looked really bad.

As it is, they should just stop selling the incredibly OP ones. Sooner or later natural attrition kicks in, and you see less of the OP type as people go off to greener pastures.

As far as DD NOT having sonar, its kinda ridiculous. DDs were the original subchasers. Let them all have sonar, or none. But not some.

356 posts
7,102 battles

If the game was to be 100% historically accurate then sure let them all have it. I don't think it helps game play or balance to have it on DD or BB. It draws away from having clearly defined roles for certain ships. For example DD job is to cap area and spot for team(among other things).

It wouldn't be that hard to remove it from Z52 and give Z52 better smoke to compensate. As for premium ships WG need to add a clause to say those ships can be modded for balance at anytime when they are sold to customers.

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

It's not 2015 OBT. When there was just USN and IJN, just two lines of each type.

There are now 2CV, 3BB, 6CA/CL, (4+2*0.5)DD lines, and the easiest way to make them each unique and attractive is to add different consumables.

Don't be an antique. It's no longer the old days when the ship type and tier determines what type of consumables they carry.

Edited by _Halcyon

356 posts
7,102 battles
39 minutes ago, _Halcyon said:

It's not 2015 OBT. When there was just USN and IJN, just two lines of each type.

There are now 2CV, 3BB, 6CA/CL, (4+2*0.5)DD lines, and the easiest way to make them each unique and attractive is to add different consumables.

Don't be an antique. It's no longer the old days when the ship type and tier determines what type of consumables they carry.

There are other ways to make them unique without making them OP. As for me being an "antique", you do realize this game is set in WWI WW2 era? Having a DD roll into cap, hit the hydro button an instantly know who and where the enemy DD are located is beyond stupid. There is very little risk to said DD, all the risk is placed on the opposing DD. That situation should not exist in a game, it should be a battle of wits and skill not a battle of gimmicks.

381 posts
9,957 battles
27 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

There are other ways to make them unique without making them OP. As for me being an "antique", you do realize this game is set in WWI WW2 era? Having a DD roll into cap, hit the hydro button an instantly know who and where the enemy DD are located is beyond stupid. There is very little risk to said DD, all the risk is placed on the opposing DD. That situation should not exist in a game, it should be a battle of wits and skill not a battle of gimmicks.

Even at t10 German DD sonar range is still shorter than their detection range so he will have to reveal himself before he can detect you with sonar. Just turn away and kite until he gave up, German DD are not that fast anyway. If you know you're facing a German DD and still sit in smoke till he can sonar you, it's 100% your fault. Predicting all possible scenarios and how to fight against a gimmick is a skill.

563 posts
4,686 battles

As for German DDs, they have crap smoke. To properly cap contest WG give them hydro.

And for German BB, they have crap torp protection. So they got hydro as compensation.

Dont sit in the smoke when you saw these two things. Is that too much for you?

356 posts
7,102 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Turing said:

As for German DDs, they have crap smoke. To properly cap contest WG give them hydro.

And for German BB, they have crap torp protection. So they got hydro as compensation.

Dont sit in the smoke when you saw these two things. Is that too much for you?

For your information smart mouth, I rarely sit in smoke. In FACT I usually use smoke to hide the fact ive buggered off somewhere else. So no, Its not too much for me. What I do find annoying is doing everything I can to avoid detection and then being detected anyway by a ship I dont think should have radar/hydro. Is that too much for YOU to understand? Or do I need to dumb it down some more for you?

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles
3 hours ago, dieselhead said:

For your information smart mouth, I rarely sit in smoke. In FACT I usually use smoke to hide the fact ive buggered off somewhere else. So no, Its not too much for me. What I do find annoying is doing everything I can to avoid detection and then being detected anyway by a ship I dont think should have radar/hydro. Is that too much for YOU to understand? Or do I need to dumb it down some more for you?

I'm sorry but judging by your DD stats, you literally have no clue on how to play US DDs. So instead of trying to be a smart mouth yourself, may be accept suggestions from players who are literally 10 times better than you. You have really really really poor damage stats in your DDs. You do less damage in a Gearing than I do in a V25. May be you bugger off too much from battle, may be towards the blue line. And I don't think you can dumb anything down to @Admiral_Turing. That is pure insult to a very good player that we all know here. He understands the game a lot better than you without any question. Don't make yourself look fool in public places throwing random insults to people you don't even know. A good manner goes a long way my friend.

Edited by icy_phoenix

181 posts
7,594 battles
4 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I'm sorry but judging by your DD stats, you literally have no clue on how to play US DDs. So instead of trying to be a smart mouth yourself, may be accept suggestions from players who are literally 10 times better than you. You have really really really poor damage stats in your DDs. You do less damage in a Gearing than I do in a V25. May be you bugger off too much from battle, may be towards the blue line. And I don't think you can dumb anything down to @Admiral_Turing. That is pure insult to a very good player that we all know here. He understands the game a lot better than you without any question. Don't make yourself look fool in public places throwing random insults to people you don't even know. A good manner goes a long way my friend.

In fact he did on that one match when he was on my team (except he was on a Montana instead of a DD). Our team got flanked very hard on the B cap at Loop while all he did (along with 2 other friendly ships) was chasing and getting kited by Zao.

356 posts
7,102 battles
5 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Actually he started with the smack talk, so maybe tell it to your mate? I was just responding to his comments. And of course this game is all about stats, how dare I have an opinion about something right? Oh now I remember, just because someone is good at something means they can treat you like sh..t right? My bad..

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,448 battles

I'm with you about removing the radar, it should have never been introduced into the game

though still I'm okay with hydro being in the game

even I'm using buyfast and NO, I still feel it's an unfair feature in this game

more so, I feels that it takes fun out of the game

about the prem ships, WG really should remove the broken ships ship the game mainly buyfast, kutuzov, and missourri. also black and flint

don't know about atlanta and indianapolis, even though they're hard to play, they still have that broken feature call radar.

having said that, I also feel that smoke is another feature that should also had not been introduce into the game. 

it is the what brought the radar into the game 

though i'm okay with DD employing klingon's stealth technology that made them suddenly dissapear and appear out of nowhere only from 6 km away

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,498 battles
3 minutes ago, blacknoheart said:

I'm with you about removing the radar, it should have never been introduced into the game

though still I'm okay with hydro being in the game

even I'm using buyfast and NO, I still feel it's an unfair feature in this game

more so, I feels that it takes fun out of the game

about the prem ships, WG really should remove the broken ships ship the game mainly buyfast, kutuzov, and missourri. also black and flint

don't know about atlanta and indianapolis, even though they're hard to play, they still have that broken feature call radar.

having said that, I also feel that smoke is another feature that should also had not been introduce into the game. 

it is the what brought the radar into the game 

though i'm okay with DD employing klingon's stealth technology that made them suddenly dissapear and appear out of nowhere only from 6 km away

Then you might as well as playing a game with only no face ships that are exactly the same.

These utilities are introduced to the game as situational counters and offer higher in depth play

It is never fun to get countered in a game , but if you want to be an omnipotent god in a game then what about everyone else ? No body can do anything to you then nobody will bother playing with you since it is a waste of time

I do agree that some premium ships are blatantly OP , however they are not to the point of INSERTED SHIP in Match = auto win , they suit the meta , it doesnt mean a player put into them will perform right. FYI , i have seen Missouri blue line camping and Buyfast YOLO and all sort of moronic actions from owners who have no idea what they should do.

Life was never fair , if it was , the instant noodles should have the same content as the image right ?

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles
3 hours ago, dieselhead said:

Actually he started with the smack talk, so maybe tell it to your mate? I was just responding to his comments. And of course this game is all about stats, how dare I have an opinion about something right? Oh now I remember, just because someone is good at something means they can treat you like sh..t right? My bad..

Don't get me wrong, you are allowed to have an opinion. But you also need to have backing stats for people to take you seriously. It is much like so called "Freedom of Speech". You can say whatever you like, doesn't mean people have to listen to you unless you make any sense.

372 posts
10,111 battles

Radar adds more complexity and skill to the game which is good. If you can't deal with radar then maybe you should git gud instead of whining about it and trying to turn the game into a one dimensional shooter.

356 posts
7,102 battles
3 hours ago, WongSongMing said:

Radar adds more complexity and skill to the game which is good. If you can't deal with radar then maybe you should git gud instead of whining about it and trying to turn the game into a one dimensional shooter.

How is clicking the radar button and opening up on the now obvious DD location adding skill and complexity? If anything it removes it. You don"t have to think "where has he gone?", "what is he likely to be doing?".  The only skill I can see it adding is to the DD on the defensive side trying to hide/escape when he has been radar discovered.

For me its much more exciting and engaging trying to find the DD you know is there but cant use a tool to find. The thinking about where he has gone is much more complex and skill based IMO.

As for your "git gud" and "whining" comments, well I don't actually think I WAS whining but whatever. I couldn't actually care less if you think I was whining or not and if you used your brain you would realize this game could never be a one dimensional shooter......

1,498 posts

Radar, IMO is more of a deterrent tool than an offensive tool, because it forces the DD or cruiser hiding, onto a defensive footing, as it cannot sit there in smoke & launch torpedoes as it wants, but must hurriedly relocate or be sunk....

Radar only has a limited range, & a long reload time, so in all reality its not a first line tool, because its often much quicker to hunt the conventional way, which can be more fun.

Just think of radar as a big native scary mask, & when its activated, the ship wearing the mask is saying "BOO"...

I have a radar ship myself, but I'm terrible with it, & with radar in general, but I can tell you that when I'm in it, I'm usually focussed on by the enemy, so although radar is fancy & scary, the offending ships are usually targeted first.... If you find a few on the enemy team, scout around till you find them, make them waste radar & let your team know where they are so they can be taken care of.... I cannot advise you on exactly how to drive your DD as I'm not a DD player, so I will leave it up to you...maybe if you see radar ship approaching & you know the radar range, you can pre launch torps, so when it comes into range it cops them?

Others are welcome to comment/disapprove of what I say, I can only say from my own experience & observations...

Ordrazz

[1NATN]
287 posts
5,265 battles
On 7/22/2017 at 6:10 PM, dieselhead said:

As for premium ships WG need to add a clause to say those ships can be modded for balance at anytime when they are sold to customers.

They do have that clause, they're just scared to ever use it.

372 posts
10,111 battles
2 hours ago, dieselhead said:

How is clicking the radar button and opening up on the now obvious DD location adding skill and complexity? If anything it removes it. You don"t have to think "where has he gone?", "what is he likely to be doing?".  The only skill I can see it adding is to the DD on the defensive side trying to hide/escape when he has been radar discovered.

For me its much more exciting and engaging trying to find the DD you know is there but cant use a tool to find. The thinking about where he has gone is much more complex and skill based IMO.

As for your "git gud" and "whining" comments, well I don't actually think I WAS whining but whatever. I couldn't actually care less if you think I was whining or not and if you used your brain you would realize this game could never be a one dimensional shooter......

Getting into a position to use radar effectively needs skill. Knowing when to pop the consumable needs skill. Being able to hit a wasding dd takes skill.

Edited by WongSongMing