You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_neppu

What if citadel damages were to be halved?

What would happen?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Yes?

• Yes
    • I don't think so
    • Dear god, what were you smoking?
  2. 2. What would it do to BB?

• Exactly the nerf they deserves
    • We can finally reduce their dispersion, hence less RNG involved
    • Totally unplayable, dear god why?
  3. 3. What would it do to CA/CL?

• Yay! We can finally come out of hiding behind the islands!!
    • This don't change a thing!!
    • CAs are screwed even more!!

31 comments in this topic

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

I have recently got high again and cannot resist the urge to make this thread~ :cap_book:

Now, the CA's lives are heavily dependent on RNG of the red team's BBs. You either get bunch of overpens that largely deals nothing, or a few citadels that essentially ruins your entire game. To a certain extent, this also applies to BB themselves as well. One mistake results in the HP gets wiped down to a sliver of where it was, or outright deletion. This might be the cause of the current camping meta; the risk of getting chunked vs. reward is not really worth it.

Therefore, I came up with an idea to reduce the effect of RNG and the occurrences of getting one-shotted. So, I want to know what would happen if the citadel damage are reduced by half, while keeping other types of damage the same as now. In this scenario, this means the regular penetrations now deal 66% of the citadel damage and the over-penetrations now deal 20% of the citadel damage.

For example, the current Yamato deals:

14800 AP citadel damage

4884 AP regular penetration damage

1480 AP over-penetration damage

This will change to:

7400 AP citadel damage

4884 AP regular penetration damage

1480 AP over-penetration damage

Obviously, this change is aimed against the battleships, which will significantly reduce their ability to one-shot cruisers and dealing crippling alpha strikes to enemy battleships. I would like to see the voting and discussions on how this hypothetical change would affect the gameplay balances.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

There is nothing wrong for a BB to delete a CA/CL. I am absolutely fine with that - you show broadside/take on a BB, you should die.

You are focusing on the wrong point if you are to nerf BB.

The whole point of a Battleship is their gun - why touch their nice things when there are lots more stuff to change?

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles
4 minutes ago, Alvin1020 said:

There is nothing wrong for a BB to delete a CA/CL. I am absolutely fine with that - you show broadside/take on a BB, you should die.

You are focusing on the wrong point if you are to nerf BB.

The whole point of a Battleship is their gun - why touch their nice things when there are lots more stuff to change?

Admittedly, that's just half of the plan. The citadel damage reduction is supposed to be coupled with dispersion reduction. So, CA could still be one-shotted, but only with well-aimed salvos rather than one random shell that decided to fly into the CA's citadels and proceed to blew the ship up.

455 posts
8,038 battles

At high tier BBs already have very good dispersion. Improving that will hardly be sufficient to counteract the damage reduction. At close range it will be unnoticeable while at long range, leading an actively dodging cruiser is almost like rng already. This change might be good for low-medium tiers where BBs are strong albeit inaccurate, but at high tiers where cruisers can easily kite from long range or smoke/island camp, bbs would be too heavily nerfed

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

50% of the shells I fire from cruisers are AP. So this is not acceptable. Stop smoking weed.

Also, if you do that to BBs, they will start firing HE. You cannot bounce HE. Not even in your Zao.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Also to OP, you are not making any sense at all.

Lets see:

Overpen does 1/10th of damage

Regular Pen does 1/3rd of damage

Now, if you do 1/2 damage for citadel, WHAT IS THE POINT OF RATING THE DAMAGE TO 14800.... ????? There is no other pen type that can use that value. And then suddenly some cruisers start doing more damage per salvo, cause what you do each 30 seconds, a Hindenburg can do 4 times that in same amount of times by firing HE.

I mean, it's ok to think about nerfs to battleships and stuffs, but you cannot just magically come up with random ideas. You also need to use common sense.

Edited by icy_phoenix

340 posts
7,054 battles

Yet most high end cruisers camp and spam HE at long range behind an island anyway. Not to mention how much damage they farm. They deserve to get messed up if they show broadside!!

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

WHAT IS THE POINT OF RATING THE DAMAGE TO 14800

In that case, the listed damage is also 7400, but standard pens now deal 66% and overpen deal 20% of the (new) list damage. Applies to HE as well.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Sir, are you high?

some people shouldnt get the chance to speak at all, since they speak straight outta from their asses

Edited by Harpoon01

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles
2 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

Sir, are you high?

If you read the OP. Yup, I was, and I am now overhanging and regretting that I was. 

980 posts
12,617 battles
On 22/07/2017 at 6:05 PM, Harpoon01 said:

Sir, are you high?

some people shouldnt get the chance to speak at all, since they speak straight outta from their asses

Completely agree. 

I think every person who posts on these forums need to have statistics that are good enough before they are allowed to post anything here. Those without unicum stats shoildnt be allowed to talk. 

372 posts
10,097 battles
1 hour ago, LordTyphoon said:

Completely agree. 

I think every person who posts on these forums need to have statistics that are good enough before they are allowed to post anything here. Those without unicum stats shoildnt be allowed to talk. 

That's...a bit extreme.

980 posts
12,617 battles
30 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

Keep your trashy unrelated off topic mouth out from here typhoon

:Smile_ohmy:

I agree with you, and you get mad. 

I disagree with you, and you get mad. 

I introduce a new idea, and you get mad. 

Theres no pleasing you, is there :Smile_teethhappy:

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

Those without unicum stats shoildnt be allowed to talk. 

New players have nowhere to vent their nonsense...

Unicum players have no nonsense anywhere to bash...

How to ruin the community 101.

:Smile_teethhappy:

:etc_hide_turtle:

372 posts
10,097 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

New players have nowhere to vent their nonsense...

Unicum players have no nonsense anywhere to bash...

How to ruin the community 101.

:Smile_teethhappy:

:etc_hide_turtle:

Are you high? Scroll up before quoting nonsense from the wrong person.

Edit: Ignore that, had a bug that showed my name in his quote for some reason...either that or he edited it shortly after I posted 

Edited by WongSongMing

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

Why do the bolded letters form the word INTO?

Is this a hidden message?
A sign of the New World Order?
The Illuminati?

Tee