Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
K135Blitzkrieg

What if Cruiser and Destroyer can deploy naval mines

What do you about the mine in operation Dynamo ?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What do you about the mine in operation Dynamo ?

• It good, i like it
    • It ok
    • It is new kind of cancer
    • meh
  2. 2. Do you want to see mine in pvp?

• Yes
    • No
    • What ever

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

We already see how the mine could work in game at the operation Dynamo. 

What if this is the kind of test just like how WG did in last year halloween event (as you can see it success and we got operation mode now).  

So this is the question, what do you think if they add  naval mine in to game as a feature for DD and CL/CA, what is it mechanic ?

This is what i think about

-The mine will work as consumable, it have limit of charge

-The number of mine deploy depend on ship, 5-10 mine every time should be fine

-the ship much be slowdown enough to deploy mine

-the mine  will auto deploy behind the ship (while it still running) every 2-3 second after it activate 

-the mine will work same as in Dynamo, it will deal dmg and cause flooding. A warning will appeared if you sail to the marked mine field, and if you close enough you can spot it.

Restrict

-Hydro can use to detect a mine just like torpedo, captain skill will also increase warning range if  you sail to the mine field. Destroyer and aircraft also have bounes the mine detect range

-Ship equip with Paravane can destroy the mine at both of her broadside wile runing

-You can marked enemy's mine field area, on minimap, but can't marked the mine itself. But allies mine field an mine will visible

-It can't be deploy in cap circle

p/s: This topic just for fun, but i want to know what ppl think about mine in game

Edited by K135Blitzkrieg

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Nice concept. But it will bring a whole new world of balancing issues. Game seems to be already struggling with balancing. However, new concepts can be tested with PvE, since no one really cares about balancing there.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

While the concept sounds interesting, and would add new depth to the game, WG doesn't seem to want to make the game more complicated for players, and in recent patches has been trying to simplify (and maybe oversimplify) game mechanics.  

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, ipoopdmeself said:

so are they to introduce mine sweepers as well ?

Would be fun for low tier US BBs. While you waiting for your ship to reach desired location, play a minigame :D

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

We actually don't need minesweeper in game

Most of DD and some cruiser in game have Paravane which in theory can neutralize the mine under water, not sure if dept charge can trigger the mine or not

So every DD can spot and neutralize the mine while only some of ship have ability to deploy them. 

I think the good candidate is IJN DD line, if WG add IJN CL line into game, Nagara and Sendai also good candidate as well

Edited by K135Blitzkrieg

Super Tester
802 posts
9 hours ago, K135Blitzkrieg said:

Most of DD and some cruiser in game have Paravane which in theory can neutralize the mine under water, not sure if dept charge can trigger the mine or not

Partially correct, a paravane servers the mooring line of a mine, but that just makes the mine buoyant. A deck gun would be used to disable the mine by blowing it up.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

Interesting concept, but I'm not sure if I would be supporting it. Implementing it as-is would be easily abusable.

Imagine planting mines on a choke point that would make allies unable to pass through it, or planting mines just to u-turn into it for commiting sudoku and screwing with the rest of the teammates.

Sign in to follow this