Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BravaZulu296

british battleships getting def AA consumable?!?!?!?!

19 comments in this topic

346 posts

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/07/20/world-of-warships-supertest-0-6-9-info-1/

If I haven't read this incorrectly BRITISH BATTLESHIPS ARE GETTING DEF AA CONSUMABLE!!!!!

Why?!?!

As if playing CV wasn't bad enough WG decides to reduce CV bow armour to make CVs easier to kill when found (which actually isn't that bad since it's pretty rare to get found even if the concealment on ships like Lexington is huge) and now there will be BATTLESHIPS with def AA and STILL no CV buff anywhere insight! the def AA is only at high tier where the CV population is low and will probably get lower, It's already hard to play Lexington in a T8-10 match (and the queue time is already long enough) and adding this without fixing CVs first this is just ridiculous now that 5 minute wait for a battle on a CV will double and the battle will be much more horrid, definitely no AA power creep here!

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

Inner me: I can have USN BB citadel raised back to where it was, but pls gib me USN CA autobounce and DFAA.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

• Monarch now has Defensive AA consumable: x5 to Short Ranged AA and lasts 40 seconds. This consumable shares the same slot with Catapult Aircraft.
  • Lion and Conqueror now have Defensive AA consumable: x10 to Short Ranged AA and lasts 40 seconds. This consumable shares the same slot with Surveillance Radar.
  • Lion and Conqueror had their single-mount 40mm replaced with 20mm Orelikons. The stationary AA was reduced, but the Defensive AA consumable would be more powerful

Time to sell your cruisers! Because here at WG we says [redacted] you and make British BBs as capable as cruisers. Thanks and have fun !

Edited by silenthunter19944

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles
11 minutes ago, silenthunter19944 said:

• Monarch now has Defensive AA consumable: x5 to Short Ranged AA and lasts 40 seconds. This consumable shares the same slot with Catapult Aircraft.
  • Lion and Conqueror now have Defensive AA consumable: x10 to Short Ranged AA and lasts 40 seconds. This consumable shares the same slot with Surveillance Radar.
  • Lion and Conqueror had their single-mount 40mm replaced with 20mm Orelikons. The stationary AA was reduced, but the Defensive AA consumable would be more powerful

Time to sell your cruisers! Because here at WG we says [redacted] you and make British BBs as capable as cruisers. Thanks and have fun !

On the bright side, we should be grateful, even as a f2p players, that less port slots are to be required to perform all roles, if the patch hits at least.

/s

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles
11 minutes ago, THUNDERCOMMANDER4 said:

no battleship should get aa consumable nor should it get radar 

Just like no DD should get smoke or torp booster?

or no CA/L  should get concealment or IFHE?

Or no CV should get AP?

These are cards youre dealt.  Games change constantly and players either adapt to change or move on

1415636477115.gif

346 posts
22 minutes ago, _Halcyon said:

Only affect close range… 20mm can reach max 2.9km. And most BB will take accuracy mod on slot 2, meaning only 2.4km range if w/AFT. IMO not a big deal, radar is better choice

• Monarch now has Defensive AA consumable: x5 to Short Ranged AA and lasts 40 seconds. This consumable shares the same slot with Catapult Aircraft.
  • Lion and Conqueror now have Defensive AA consumable: x10 to Short Ranged AA and lasts 40 seconds. This consumable shares the same slot with Surveillance Radar.

Still does alot especially to DBs, USN got hit hard yet again

I'll never get midway now :(

Edited by BravaZulu296

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

Every time i see new info about RN BB, they got another new stuff,  so nothing surprise me this time since Hood already have DAA

Dev stil no ideal what they should do with those ship so they just try anything they can until every thing fail, then they will add new mechanic for it just like Enterprise:Smile_teethhappy:

1,386 posts
8,224 battles
1 hour ago, BravaZulu296 said:

• Monarch now has Defensive AA consumable: x5 to Short Ranged AA and lasts 40 seconds. This consumable shares the same slot with Catapult Aircraft.
  • Lion and Conqueror now have Defensive AA consumable: x10 to Short Ranged AA and lasts 40 seconds. This consumable shares the same slot with Surveillance Radar.

Still does alot especially to DBs, USN got hit hard yet again

I'll never get midway now :(

But Conqueror only has 24 DPS in 20mm close range, even after DAAF, 240DPS isn't that much, and battleships usually don't have any AA upgrade other than AFT. So 240 DPS at 2.4km, not worth trading radar IMO. That mid range is way more dangerous than this DAAF thing

Lion's 20mm is the same. Monarch is 49+79.(640 when DAAF activated)

Edited by _Halcyon

1,488 posts

Whinge Whinge Whinge.......

& about ships that haven't even finished testing yet...

I can sell buckets cheap to anyone who needs to wear one....

Ordrazz

318 posts
6,863 battles
6 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Just like no DD should get smoke or torp booster?

or no CA/L  should get concealment or IFHE?

Or no CV should get AP?

These are cards youre dealt.  Games change constantly and players either adapt to change or move on

1415636477115.gif

Just to add to your wonderful post.

No BB should be given HE or AP shells. While there at it they can remove the secondaries because god forbid should DD or CA/L get their paint chipped. 

Oh and i forgot - How about making an inflatable BB... without paddles mind. Cos we don't want to make our already big butts any harder to hit.

534 posts

Wow,I wasted so much effort to research Shokaku just to avoid Saipan the piece of shit with IX planes to attack battleships easily,now you granted british battleships defensive AA??

Wait,we can boost the IJN battleships or german's battleships' aa rates to 90+,that would be fair

[AE]
200 posts
9,481 battles

In WG products each branch has an OP period. For CVs and arty (in WoT) that was from the start. WG offered a mode in both games for people who don't actually want to play the main game. Arty was smashed. CVs were smashed. Scouts were smashed. DDs will be smashed. WG wont admit it, but in both cases, ARTY/CV and SCOUT/DD they effective robbed the heavies of any fun. Too many people playing OP stuff. At one stage in WoT there were as many as 5 Arty per side. Sure, many people like the "Support" role, but in the end the advertising for both games shows big ships and big tanks. If too many realise that big tanks/big ships don't stand a chance then you don't have a marketable game.

Sign in to follow this