You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

BBabies needs to shut their mouths up

55 comments in this topic

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,856 battles

End of DD 0.6.9? I don't think so, but sure it's the end of selfless DD plays due to smoking up allies being less useful. You better use the smoke for yourself if this went live (the dissipation penalty is minuscule on DD guns). Not to mention a certain "DD" is totally unaffected by this change.

The more concerning are those big gun cruisers, they are arguably the most affected by the change. The penalty is quite substantial on 8 inches, and the armor is not quite enough for them to not explode when BBs see them.

- A BB player.

Oh, and I do not think ship class slurs have any place in this forum. :cap_rambo:

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

1,486 posts

Good, there's an overpopulation of DDs anyway, any way to nobble their insane skills would be a blessing.

they want other ships nerfed all the time but cry "the world is over" when it happens to them!

This is a very inflammatory thread, laid out as an attack, so here's my reply, in the same spirit.

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,856 battles
1 minute ago, MatterCore said:

indirectly buff for Battleships :cap_fainting:

I highly doubt that. It means they cannot use smoke to do any surprise attack without "hurting" affecting the allies in the same smoke cloud.

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles
26 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

Good, there's an overpopulation of DDs anyway, any way to nobble their insane skills would be a blessing.

they want other ships nerfed all the time but cry "the world is over" when it happens to them!

This is a very inflammatory thread, laid out as an attack, so here's my reply, in the same spirit.

Ordrazz

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20170715/asia_week/average_class.html

never mind, i checked. if you want to call this "DD overpopulation" then i am going to call you a liar and braggart, and and a BBabie too, everyone has been calling for BB nerfs becasue of how well they are doing overall, every patch brings new buffs in this or that while DDs and CAs dont change much, have you ever heard of power creep?

and explaine the :"nobble their insaine skills", i dont speak aussie/NZ english so i have no idea what you are trying to say

341 posts
4,007 battles

I identify as a Fuso and I find this thread very offensive. OP is clearly a BBphobe.

On a serious note as a player with experience in all classes I think this decision isn't necessary. But let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

1,824 posts
8,021 battles
53 minutes ago, InterconKW said:

I identify as a Fuso and I find this thread very offensive.

CV Player here lol, and not offending one, sheesh :cap_book:

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,856 battles
6 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

CV Player here lol, and not offending one, sheesh :cap_book:

Though the words of choice are... quite sketchy here.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

1,824 posts
8,021 battles
1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

Ordrazz

i rather call that as a rant lol

+1 for you

1,486 posts
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20170715/asia_week/average_class.html

never mind, i checked. if you want to call this "DD overpopulation" then i am going to call you a liar and braggart, and and a BBabie too, everyone has been calling for BB nerfs becasue of how well they are doing overall, every patch brings new buffs in this or that while DDs and CAs dont change much, have you ever heard of power creep?

and explaine the :"nobble their insaine skills", i dont speak aussie/NZ english so i have no idea what you are trying to say

Well, if DDs were being so " poorly treated", then why as you say"they don't change much" & "BBs get new buffs in this & that" in nearly each patch, & BB are so OP, then why are WG doing these adjustments to them each time? Do you take them for stupid? They own the game, they made the game, so that entities them to make any changes they see fit, because they have the most experience, even more than any whingers on the forums...

you want to nerf a class that you say is over performing, fine, I accept that, you are entitled to your own opinion, but so am I, & if my opinion doesn't match yours, that's tough...... Its not your place to push your opinion onto me, & tell me mine is wrong & yours is right, & calling me a liar & braggart & throwing stats at me to back yourself up, proves my point about forum whingers....

I havent called anyone anything

you must be one of these DDbabies who cry if DDs get nerfed, or don't get any changes.

if you have problems with nerfs, or if nothing gets buffed to your satisfaction, that's life I'm afraid. Get over it.

we all have to.

& BTW - nobble means to nerf.

Ordrazz

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

BREAKING NEWS - WG nerf DDs!!!1111

Wow! Unexpected! Surprised! Unbelievable! Game-changing! Un-heard-of! Out of nowhere! Sudden! (I am struggling here....)

On a serious note, I am beyond caring about WG hate of DDs :) And of course their obsession to their Battleship player population.

Edited by Alvin1020

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,856 battles
6 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Well there are BaBBies for BB players and DaDDies for DD players. Need to find out a name for CA and CV players.

I know some of the slur names for CA/CL as well over the Reddit and NA Forums, but not going to post it here. For CV, there is none yet in English.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

For CV, there is none yet in English.

Well, one word that start with a C comes to mind :)

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

PS, anyone who say class X is OP, I check his stats for the said class X. And almost 99% of times, it comes as a shocker that he is not good himself with class X ships. It's mostly due to getting whacked by class X or just because three other people said so. That's actually true for all 4 classes. 

Me? I believe in simple things. If you can't beat them, join them. That's why I stopped playing BB and DD and only play CA/CL these days. Cause they literally require the lowest amount of skill for me.

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles
35 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

Well, if DDs were being so " poorly treated", then why as you say"they don't change much" & "BBs get new buffs in this & that" in nearly each patch, & BB are so OP, then why are WG doing these adjustments to them each time? Do you take them for stupid? They own the game, they made the game, so that entities them to make any changes they see fit, because they have the most experience, even more than any whingers on the forums...

you want to nerf a class that you say is over performing, fine, I accept that, you are entitled to your own opinion, but so am I, & if my opinion doesn't match yours, that's tough...... Its not your place to push your opinion onto me, & tell me mine is wrong & yours is right, & calling me a liar & braggart & throwing stats at me to back yourself up, proves my point about forum whingers....

I havent called anyone anything

you must be one of these DDbabies who cry if DDs get nerfed, or don't get any changes.

if you have problems with nerfs, or if nothing gets buffed to your satisfaction, that's life I'm afraid. Get over it.

we all have to.

& BTW - nobble means to nerf.

Ordrazz

1. looks at current game balance, CVs, prem ships........ yeah not really

2. you made a wildly inaccurate claim and then i corrected you. though to be honest i probably shouldn't have been so offensive

3. those are server stats, they show how ships are preforming and how attractive these ships are, yeah, have you even looked at them? what do they show?

4. they are taking away a integral part of the DD lines, it's the same as taking away, oh say, repair party on BBs, or removeing HE fire chance for CA, or like the complete removal of manual attack for CVs, do you actually think that  people are unjustified to "whine"/

5. past events have showed that if you whine hard enough (BB bow Nerf, Alabama citadel, USN tech tree citadel, kabba nerfs, various events that were redone ect, ect) WG will actually listen, somewhat....

thx about the nobble tidbit of fact tho, i never knew that before

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

I don't think @Ordrazz was saying that people are not justified to whine. It was more about people blaming a certain ship class player base for decisions made by developers. Anything gets nerfed is automatically BB player's fault. I guess it's just easier to run mouth instead of brain for some people. I mean, yeah, may be DD population decreasing, may be CVs getting extinct. But why would people blame a BB player for these? You wanna blame, blame the people who made the changes. It doesn't make sense to me. Apparently anti BB whiners are present in a bigger number than BB whiners.

1,105 posts
7 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Well there are BaBBies for BB players and DaDDies for DD players. Need to find out a name for CA and CV players.

isnt it will be better for DDADDIES? add moar D!

7 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Me? I believe in simple things. If you can't beat them, join them. That's why I stopped playing BB and DD and only play CA/CL these days. Cause they literally require the lowest amount of skill for me.

lel, true.... want to play Nagato, start it with KM CA and in the end become CV

Da Heck

18813617_439143903132518_628629041630978

1,340 posts
8,823 battles
6 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I don't think @Ordrazz was saying that people are not justified to whine. It was more about people blaming a certain ship class player base for decisions made by developers. Anything gets nerfed is automatically BB player's fault. I guess it's just easier to run mouth instead of brain for some people. I mean, yeah, may be DD population decreasing, may be CVs getting extinct. But why would people blame a BB player for these? You wanna blame, blame the people who made the changes. It doesn't make sense to me. Apparently anti BB whiners are present in a bigger number than BB whiners.

I think it is more that people see BB players as the ones who convinced WG to make those changes. Like let's say your country is at war with another. Your family was killed in an airstrike. Are you going to blame the pilot who dropped the bomb? No, chances are you are going to blame the enemy government who started the war in the first place.

So people blaming BB players is a perfectly natural response. Justified? Perhaps not, but still natural.

Edited by Thyaliad

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Sounds like wargaming ever listened to BB players.

Invisi-fire has been under whine ever since CBT.

But it was only in 2017, when Akizuki started invisi-fire against cruisers that it came under nerf hammer.

And does this mechanism actually benefit battleships? Small/mid caliber ships can still smoke spam, but battleships' already limited positioning choice is reduced even further. Now BB can borrow smoke from behind without going into the smoke ring, but if this mechanism is implied, no one will smoke near BBs. It's reducing possible team support they can get.

Wargaming did stupid things

*Scratch head*

*See random BB player*

THAT'S HIM! THE BAD BAD GUY CUZZING MEH SHYPS NERFED!

BLAAAMMMMM THHHHHY BUTTTTTTERSHHEEEEEEEEPS!

Edited by _Halcyon

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Let us see

You think BB never whine and never be the caused of never ending Nerf to other ships?

Torp are nerfed to the ground since alpha and TRB is totally not a solution

CV got their loadout tweaked over the length of this game, especially the torpedo Bomber

Sonar for battleships 

And

They ready to give Radar to battleships

No more invis firing

Smoke dispating effect is on the test

Most will favor Gun focus Destroyer rather than torpedo destroyer in knife fight, why? Because all torpedo destroyer already have their own torpedoes have worse characteristic than other type of destroyer

Edited by Harpoon01