You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
gary_godeloson

Dunkirk update loading Screen freeze

6 comments in this topic

5 posts
4,396 battles

So I updated wow   then tried playing the game but the loading screen freezes, i can hear the music from the game but cant load the game completely tried to wait half hour to load then restart the game and my computer but i still get the frozen screen is this  a bug from the update?:cap_yes:

2 posts
2,282 battles

The loading screen when you load the game? "Game Loading" sequence.

If so, i do have the same problem.

I thought it was because my fault for tweaking engine_config and preference file, but after resetting them to default, problem persist. Defrag hard drive and restart PC, still can't pass "Game Loading" sequence, even after waiting for 3 hour.

My friend said he can't play WoT after latest update, yet i can play WoT in the latest update but can't play WoWs after updating to patch 6.8 :fish_nerv:

If this a bug from the update, i wish WG make official announcement ASAP.

If not, i want to know the solution as well, i've tried every troubleshooting i know to no avail :cap_fainting:

1 post
7,177 battles

hi!

I`m japanese and ASIAN server but my PC had same freeze everytime after update.

So I remove  the file 'preferences.xml' .As a resalt,can load.

It`s important to save that file before remove because of not cause a freeze that one.

1 post
258 battles

I have the same problem too. I have a screenshot of the "Game Loading" screen when it freezes, posted below. The blue part always freezes at the same point, just before it completely fills the bar.

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 22.29.05.png

Edited by Yutah123
Adding screenshot and more information

2 posts
2,282 battles

hirobb_warrior > "So I remove  the file 'preferences.xml' .As a resalt,can load".

This is the solution for me. Thanks mate.

It looks like, some player have to delete their "preferences.xml" to get the game running, otherwise it can't. Probably because older setting keep getting stacked in the .xml and in 0.6.8 had entirely different settings/setup GUI.

I always tweak my "preferences.xml" btw, surely after updating to 0.6.8 my old "preferences.xml" get rekt.

It's running fine now.

Just remember to setup your game setting first after you delete "preferences.xml". It revert everything default.

Flamu has this issue too, he solved it by deleting "preferences.xml".