Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
K135Blitzkrieg

10cm gun vs Großer Kurfürst

23 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

Yesterday i play some battle with my Harekaze, no ideal why mm keep throw me in tier 10 match. Until i counter some thing weird.

I score 1 citadel hit with my 10cm gun of Harekaze which is rarely to see. The weirdest thing is some how i just citadel Großer Kurfurst.......

Spoiler

wJbZA7c.jpg

1vPErM9.jpg

I'm not sure it coincident or bug,  But this is a first time i see some thing like this, can someone explains to me what happen ?

p/s: there is no replay since i don't know how to enable it:Smile_hiding:

Edited by K135Blitzkrieg

162 posts
3,307 battles

Just a theory, but it's possible, if you hit it at the right angle and you're very, very lucky, a shot to the bow or stern of a BB can slam into the bulkhead (Or whatever you call the flat 'head') of the citadel. I had that happen once in my North Carolina against a Yamato's bow

162 posts
3,307 battles
Just now, Dire_Venom said:

Torpedo Citidal O_o:?

He said "10cm gun". Plus, it's impossible to score a citadel hit with a torp.

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles
24 minutes ago, fighter9374 said:

Just a theory, but it's possible, if you hit it at the right angle and you're very, very lucky, a shot to the bow or stern of a BB can slam into the bulkhead (Or whatever you call the flat 'head') of the citadel. I had that happen once in my North Carolina against a Yamato's bow

That could happened, the problem is at that time i aiming GK superstructure while stand parallel with GK broadside, that she not moving either

So i really sure most of them is direct hit superstructure and her board, just how i can pen her citadel:cap_wander:

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

Hmmm interesting. This begs to the question I had for quite a while ago.

Is it possible? That...

• the interior of the ship is somehow de-synced so the actual citadel hitbox is dislocated and being located outside of the citadel armor hence the citadel hit from the puny 100mm shell
  • the pieces of citadel armor become de-synced and misaligned, resulting in an opening to the citadel hitbox with zero effective armor value.
Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

283 posts
3,565 battles
8 minutes ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

Is it possible? That...

• the interior of the ship is somehow de-synced so the actual citadel hitbox is dislocated and being located outside of the citadel armor hence the citadel hit from the puny 100mm shell
  • the pieces of citadel armor become de-synced and misaligned, resulting in an opening to the citadel hitbox with zero effective armor value.

do you mean de-synced from the ships movement? or from the game (lag?) and if the interior of the ship is de-synced then why isn't the citadel de-synced?

162 posts
3,307 battles
29 minutes ago, Admiral_Neptulussus said:

Is it possible? That...

.....This chat just went to rocket science :cap_wander:

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles
48 minutes ago, ellofiend said:

do you mean de-synced from the ships movement? or from the game (lag?) and if the interior of the ship is de-synced then why isn't the citadel de-synced?

Good question, I still have not learned all the causes for desyncing. If someone can tell me or test for me all that.

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

^That exactly what i thought when it happen :cap_wander:

de-synced theory seem reasonable, at least better than some thing like the shell fall into chimney and damaged the engine room (which what i was thought, lol)

1,105 posts
13 hours ago, MatterCore said:

this is ..... unbelievable :cap_wander_2:

My Bismarck got detonated by mounting Flag and magazine upgrade because DD torp.... and no one believe me.... coz no SS

now a T8 DD citadeling GK..... ITS REAAAAAL!!!

:cap_fainting:

German BB need buff!!! secondary should be able to destroy torpedo!!!

[this must be a bug that need to be fixed]

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Hurr durr German Engineering :D

Anyway, the ribbon could even be a bug. You barely did any AP damage considering the number of shell landed. Sometimes game shows you 0 damage citadel ribbons.

23 posts
10,565 battles
20 hours ago, fighter9374 said:

He said "10cm gun". Plus, it's impossible to score a citadel hit with a torp.

Are detonations the result of very lucky citadel hits ? I have detonated a full health BB with a single torpedo.

1,105 posts
8 hours ago, TheAnvil said:

Are detonations the result of very lucky citadel hits ? I have detonated a full health BB with a single torpedo.

hit the magazine. the magazine is located under the main turret

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,234 battles
53 minutes ago, TheAnvil said:

Detonations are the results of damage to the magainze areas, a different thing to citadel hits (though some magazines are inside the citadels iirc). 

162 posts
3,307 battles
1 hour ago, Webba84 said:

Detonations are the results of damage to the magainze areas, a different thing to citadel hits (though some magazines are inside the citadels iirc). 

Best place to score detonations? Aim for the turrets. But then again they're heavily armored, and you're basically relying on the church of RNGesus.......

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles
8 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

My Bismarck got detonated by mounting Flag and magazine upgrade because DD torp.... and no one believe me.... coz no SS

now a T8 DD citadeling GK..... ITS REAAAAAL!!!

:cap_fainting:

German BB need buff!!! secondary should be able to destroy torpedo!!!

[this must be a bug that need to be fixed]

ofc not, citadels on random places are a known bug, while no one has ever reported a detonation when mounting the det flag, seeing as how it literally turns the detonation mechanic off

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles
10 minutes ago, fighter9374 said:

Best place to score detonations? Aim for the turrets. But then again they're heavily armored, and you're basically relying on the church of RNGesus.......

no, you aim under them, the turrets are too thick to penn in many cases

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

I begin to think that it could be 10cm gun penetration value is too low while GK armor is too thick that make the system confuse and ignore it. As the result the sell just go through the armor layer with out any restrict and damaged the citadel........it just my hypothesis anyway:cap_hmm:

But i indeed that look more like random bug.

Sign in to follow this